Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The updated Hollow World map for 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevey

This is the map we will be using when Minecraft 1.0 comes out. Sorry for my poor drawing skills, the things I drew are meant to picture a general shape, not a definitive shape. If I missed any town, or if you would prefer a different location, please leave a reply in this thread.

As time goes on the map will be expanded and possibly more ocean will be reshaped to make way for some extra land.

This map is 10,000*10,000 blocks. For reference, our current map is 3,600*3,600 (the actual borders, not the glitched extra part of the map you can see)
Link to the map: http://zoom.it/Cd1h

1: Brustenburg
2: Port Silver
3: Saline Creek
4: Aurolus
5: The Grove of Shalherana (Respawn, landmark, questing hub)
6: Orkwyn Dunes
7: Protaras
8: Skara Brae
9: Redcap Crossing
10: Skull Kingdom
11: Darkwood
12: Warstrom
13: Aspendale
14: Uthrandir
15: Fortress Naught (Access to the Nether, Landmark. Questing Hub)
16: Veritis Island (Court, Prison, Landmark)
18: Iram
19: Rukhs-Gathol (Landmark, Questing hub)
20: Digitus Dei

Not on this version of the map:

17: Heaven's Reach (Will be on Warstroms continent, changed the location)
21: Ravens Nest (Landmark, Questing Hub, Access to The End)
22: Enderman Castle
23: Shipwreck Cove

A: Lowlands, name undecided. This will be an area far below sealevel, being able to make use of the full map height. The general area will be rolling hills, not sure about any specificgeographic features yet. It will be covered by epic mountain ranges on all sides.

The snowy area to the west will feature a lot of mountains aswell, creating a snow mountain biome.

B: Whispering Woods: An epic magical forest biome surrounding the Grove of Shalheranna, which is where you respawn when you die. Building here will require permission.

C: Name undecided: A 'fantasy' biome with lots of valleys, mountains, forests, mountain arches and the only mushroom biome on the map (I can't get more mushroom biomes to spawn, they are super rare)

D: Desert, name undecided. A larger than usual desert with sandstone 'mountains'.

If you would like your town to be located somewhere else reply to this thread and explain why and where.

S

Stevey

Obviously the green areas I painted in. The shapes are no definitive, they are just meant to mark out an area I will be terraforming and/or filling up with land.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Like the location of Port silver and Brustenburg, should make quest writting a lot easier :D Oh I take it you found the website too Lars ;)

S

Stevey

Like the location of Port silver and Brustenburg, should make quest writting a lot easier :D Oh I take it you found the website too Lars ;)
Yeah it took a lot of digging :p

It took me quite a few hours to get this map the way it is. I don't like how minecraft generates maps that are too noisy. I shaved off a lot of land and added bits and pieces here and there to make it look like solid continents. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out now, but it will be under constant revisement. I just have to make sure that I do the big things now so the map doesn't change too much for players when they are already playing on it.

I seem to have forgotten to put Ravens Nest on there. Oh well, those guys suck anyway :p

S

Stevey

Could my castle be near uthrandir if that's alright with everyone I'm not too fussy as to were it goes :p
Well since that's in a special biome I'd rather not. How did I forget yours btw, I was sure I looked through the list on ingame

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Love the little achipelago NE of Skull Kingdom (10), I can see a small castle/holiday home going there :p Really looking forward to exploring this with people in it. I've had a fly around the basic seed but with your changes and people/towns on the map it'll feel much more alive.

S

Stevey

Love the little achipelago NE of Skull Kingdom (10), I can see a small castle/holiday home going there :p Really looking forward to exploring this with people in it. I've had a fly around the basic seed but with your changes and people/towns on the map it'll feel much more alive.
Yeah I thought it would be cool to have an archipelago, so I dotted the area a bit :p

Mrbubbles1951

Lord of Altera
Well since that's in a special biome I'd rather not. How did I forget yours btw, I was sure I looked through the list on ingame
oh ok place mine anywhere i dont really mind where it goes :p
and you missed mine because i my castle is too awesome for you to comprehend

Status
Not open for further replies.