Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Public Notice] The Kaiser claims the Imperial Marches

The Courier

Lord of Altera
me and nick fondly remember the days when hollowworld was an RP server
I prefer the good days when you'd have consequences come to actions and RP was more than 'What love triangle is happening today!' or 'Oh golly, my tea is boiling over!'

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
who the hell even are you
The current regent leader of Astrakhan, so I suppose I'm not privy to Anhald affairs. I'm also a player like you that deserves common decency and acknowledgement for my opinions- as I've kept on topic and up to date on this thread- so I'd very much appreciate if you didn't address me or anyone else that way, thanks.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
The current regent leader of Astrakhan. I'd very much appreciate if you didn't address me or anyone else that way, thanks.
that's your character he's asking who you are

this is the OOC and IC confused thing i was talking about

we're not our characters. decisions made in a character's personality often have no OOC influence. like the decision made to claim this land.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I am a potato. I was smuggled into England just before the famine. I am safe. Please don't tell Ireland, they might try to bomb the queen again to get me back.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
that's your character he's asking who you are

this is the OOC and IC confused thing i was talking about

we're not our characters. decisions made in a character's personality often have no OOC influence. like the decision made to claim this land.
No, I knew that- I am aware of how forums work. I'm just a player who's played here for a few months- Blorbis83 is my ign. I haven't been on as often as I wished for a few weeks, so it is reasonable to assume that I've only joined just recently. I don't consider myself at all an experienced player ("veteran") here, but I have RPed on minecraft for a good three years.

Can we get back to the topic at hand please?

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I am a potato. I was smuggled into England just before the famine. I am safe. Please don't tell Ireland, they might try to bomb the queen again to get me back.
i have been summoned, Cap, get the fertilizer.

-K9

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Guys - Let us not make this a mud throwing thread...

Anyways- I kind of see this claims, like Americans saw Europe post world war II, basically as long as it does not touch me, I don't care.

I somewhat agree that the RP and general vibe on the server has changed, this is something I have observed through the past 4 years. However I will not say what has changed, as I rather not throw fuel, but change has happened, be bad or good.

Anyways- Be nice to people, respect others and you might get respect too.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
We'll be arranging RP with Azur as the head. Currently I'm not really too available to plan political RP. (Again, school is kicking my ass and you have better communication with Azur being more available than I am)

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
I'd just like to say something on the topic of war, mainly because it was mentioned over the past hand full of posts. I personally seriously enjoyed the Coalition - Anhald War, but the thing that killed it was the OOC disputes, which were absolutely horrendous, both during and after the war. After seeing it all happen, and what it turned the people who were involved into honestly almost made me quit the server, and I've not even been around for a year yet. People become far too attached to their regions, which I feel is rightfully so, considering it costs a lot of time and effort into making them, but even though it was addressed to Cap and the other Anhald people not even a week beforehand, yet they still were okay with it. They didn't bitch and complain on some furiously written text wall forum thread, they got themselves ready for the RP that was laid out in front of them. Now it seems that at every corner, a group that wants to do combat in any form, which in this case, is practically just Anhald, are just shot down by consent. The fact that I even have to read something like this:

he did this ICly to get some activity going.
Is honestly just saddening. The fact the way people responded to this, is saddening. This entire concept just makes me not want to get on the server anymore because it's obvious people don't want to have to deal with RP where they lose, or see others lose, and it may not be people's intention, but it truly looks like it from an outside perspective. In response to the arguments being made, from an OOC perspective, I think this is ridiculous, but should that matter from an IC perspective, hell no. If people had a problem with it, they should of done something ICly to respond to the IC action rather than make this server look even more toxic, which truly, is what this is showing. People need to stop bringing things that happen ICly into OOC and throwing crap at the person behind the character for doing it.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I'd just like to say something on the topic of war, mainly because it was mentioned over the past hand full of posts. I personally seriously enjoyed the Coalition - Anhald War, but the thing that killed it was the OOC disputes, which were absolutely horrendous, both during and after the war. After seeing it all happen, and what it turned the people who were involved into honestly almost made me quit the server, and I've not even been around for a year yet. People become far too attached to their regions, which I feel is rightfully so, considering it costs a lot of time and effort into making them, but even though it was addressed to Cap and the other Anhald people not even a week beforehand, yet they still were okay with it. They didn't bitch and complain on some furiously written text wall forum thread, they got themselves ready for the RP that was laid out in front of them. Now it seems that at every corner, a group that wants to do combat in any form, which in this case, is practically just Anhald, are just shot down by consent. The fact that I even have to read something like this:

Is honestly just saddening. The fact the way people responded to this, is saddening. This entire concept just makes me not want to get on the server anymore because it's obvious people don't want to have to deal with RP where they lose, or see others lose, and it may not be people's intention, but it truly looks like it from an outside perspective. In response to the arguments being made, from an OOC perspective, I think this is ridiculous, but should that matter from an IC perspective, hell no. If people had a problem with it, they should of done something ICly to respond to the IC action rather than make this server look even more toxic, which truly, is what this is showing. People need to stop bringing things that happen ICly into OOC and throwing crap at the person behind the character for doing it.
Liam go away with your serious posts. We have Irish people to save me from.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Liam go away with your serious posts. We have Irish people to save me from.
You also have one Peruvian looking for his lost Andean specialty. The Irish took it from me and I'm here to take you back, my child :heart:

(The potato was first cultivated in Peru)

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
we destroyed breakwater too and weren't salty when parts of it were destroyed by staff for the event without our consent lmao

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
we destroyed breakwater too and weren't salty when parts of it were destroyed by staff for the event without our consent lmao
rip my trees

should add that it wasn't just 'less than a week' it was two days before the battle

i had almost no prep time and less than half my people could get on and we still had an amazing fun RP until the OOC arguments at the end