Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New magic system, responsive discussion thread

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
If you're too impatient I can probably work something out with a physical cheese grater...
This made me remember the spongebob episode with butler spongebob and grating the fish's ass for on his curry

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Reviving the thread since we have new information. :D

I'd like to start this off by I'm super excited by the rolling system, the rules and such that I've read so far.

Lets start off with a couple of questions I have. Overuse, are there any things/specific instance you could explain what could result in the level of overuse resulting in permanently not being able to cast again? I assume using your magic to cause simple chaos and overusing to an extreme result would likely result in your casting abilities being taken from you. However an example of a situation where one would be restricted from casting ever again and a situation where they would be allowed to cast again after such a large overuse would be great as an example.

The Grand Grimoire Will this be updated for the general player base as things are decided under the new system? Or will it be kept secret to prevent Metaing? Has it been decided one way or the other yet? If it hasn't be decided I would vote for public knowledge on spells effects, costs associated with etc. If magic is going to return as a force in the world beyond a couple of hermit style characters it would be best if folks know what they can expect to see.

Again liking what I've seen so far and look forward to seeing more. :D

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
A lot of that is being left to the Magi of each discipline. It's either going to be a sort of "three strikes, your out" type of thing, with each case of overuse being a strike, etc, or overuse with specific spells will have that consequence.

And the Grimoire will be mostly updated, although some spells will be left out. Those will be few and far between, and kept confidential for veeerry specific reasons.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I wish to be able to learn Magic Missile, that is my only desire for the new magic system.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I wish to be able to learn Magic Missile, that is my only desire for the new magic system.
I am sorry, this seems unlikely. Would you also like to attack the darkness?