Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herald Master Alchemist [I Brewed Everything]

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Cicuta Poison,
Godsend, 7th of Sporebloom, 2310,

A stupidly effective poisom. If you trick somebody into consuming something laced in obvious yellow dye that smells strongly of carrots (for some reason), you will change their life forever even if they survive. Physically, it targets the nervous system and brain, which is thus cause for permanent damage. Its effects are... long and terrible.

It is foolish. Each time I brew a poison for the sake of completion of the list, I consider how terrible it is to bring such a concotion into creation. However, I consider-- who would consume such a thing? Who would be so blind as to not realise the smell nor vibrant colour in their food or drink? Yet time and time again, others unravel their lesser intellect to me by repeating mistakes or not seeking mental help with questionable life choices.
People could be lured to drink or eat poison. I just gaze upon the bottle knowing it will not be me.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Elixir of Strength,
Waterday, 12th of Sporebloom, 2310,

If one enjoys violent tendancy and wishes, for ten minutes, to become possibly one of the physically strongest individuals in Altera Four, this is the potion for you. Ten minutes, literally. Sometimes I question the point of any of this. Why are people so obsessed with the concepts of victory and battle prowess they would be willing to sacrifice their own calm, reason and logic to risk drinking this maddening concotion? That is, at least, what it is famed for.

Preferably, if annoyance and social interaction can be avoided, this potion would make for wonderful utility in... moving furtniture, circus tricks or destroying everything in the household. It is certainly impressive you could be capable of making dents when punching stone, but the novelty wears off once you realise you require every bone in your arm to then be fixed, less you endure permanent disability.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Flammellis,
Waterday, 19th of Sporebloom, 2310,

Alchemy is an odd thing that is admired for its functionality in creating liquids that defy logic, akin to magic without the stigma of being a mage. Flammellis is an elixir that makes me question the rules of reality and, furthermore, the flexability of our own biology. Hardening the flesh to leather, like Earthspawn skin, it does not have the same properties as Earthspawn skin wherein even the strongest foes have difficulty making bruises-- yet instead creates a fire-resistant pigmentation. When I studied alchemy under Asero long ago in Veraci, we simply called the old variation of this "fire resistance." An apt description for such effects of literal thermal resistance.

Unfortunately the downsides are quite powerful, as this manufactured consumable is not as effective as Ash Hound Oil. Instead, it only lasts an hour, armour cannot be worn and, worse of all, adapts the body in such a way that outside heat physically cannot penetrate the new layer of skin. This means the cold will absolutely harm the user in a permanent fashion. Its facinating to me.

These are the final forms of alchemy, I believe.
We are coming to the more potent potions, powders and bombs now. Gathering specific flora, such as the elusive midnight cactus flower is difficult-- and I am beginning to question if Grey's Teeth even exists.
In the next two months, I believe the task of brewing every potion known will be complete.

An alchemical summer.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Invisibility Oil,
Boonday, 22nd of Sporebloom, 2310,

Tomorrow I leave for an expedition into the Nether. I expect to be back within the week.

Invisibility Oil was the first alchemical item I purchased in my life. It works the same today as it did in old alchemy; an unreliable oil for actual stealth, but a good trick to play on objects. Nikolche's study of light inspired me to test and, as it happens, its not true invisibility. Instead, reflection of light itself. This is an easy theory to prove: simply cover a cloth blanket in the oil and throw it over your head. You will not be able to see much, as light itself is reflected.

Cloth is quite accurate in what few materials can actually soak in the light-absorbing oil. Skin cannot, nor any leather. Its merely bound to such mundane and unprotective of materials. You could throw an invisibility cloth over an item and it would disappear entirely to the naked eye. Could make for a perfect parlour trick or trick of theft.
And, like most items created in alchemy, it only lasts one single hour.

Imagine the other applications the physical blocking of light could have on society?

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Neverlie Ink,
Godsend, 10th of Fogwater, 2310 2311 2330,

Twenty years.

That cannot be right.

I have been in Hell for twenty years?
It did not feel like 20. Collectively, us suffered endured what felt over a singular year. Returning to this acrused home, the dates, the stars-- they've all... changed. As if by some Jishrimite plot to fuck with scholars, the dates have changed and the stars have moved.
Thankfully, alchemy has not yet changed, but it was not that long ago I was using Netherwart under Asero to create very, very different liquids that no longer seem possible.

It is by nature of Altera to change when you are not looking.
It is by mistake that we mortals seem to remember whomever did meddle this way.

Neverlie Ink.
I enjoy returning to the certainty of chemistry.
Crushed emberlark feathers form a firey dust grounded which burns to soot within the alembic, the gasseous formation naturally unstable to immediate mix with Crimsonwort for stability-- forming ink of magical property. This liquid dispises lies in various forms, to hide it written, burn it tattoo'd and impressively scorch the one speaking falsehoods should it be consumed.

Regular ink is not poison, much to the dismay of parents and teachers everywhere.
Yet perhaps one of the best advanced alchemical formulas, Neverlie Ink is best used when lacking Ignite alternative for sussing out Visage words, dishonest lovers and troublesome children.

If you can get them to say or write what you need, anyway.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Regular ink is not poison, much to the dismay of parents and teachers everywhere.
Yet perhaps one of the best advanced alchemical formulas, Neverlie Ink is best used when lacking Ignite alternative for sussing out Visage words, dishonest lovers and troublesome children.
I can read the influence of Terry Pratchett on your wording. Love it.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Phobiaura
Blessday, 18th of Fogwater, 2310 2330,

Of all the gasseous forms to take effect when exposed to oxygen, Phobia Aura is perhaps the bomb most effective against mortals in theory. Revealing one's worst fear is often the path to enlightenment from Engem ritual to vanquish the concept of fear all together-- however, an impossibility when concerned with alchemy. One always fears something.
This gas renders that fear to creation via hallucination.
Combined with shortness of breath to cut off oxygen for just less than a minute, the excessive use of such a gas could cause either death or permanent damage to the lungs.

A nasty weapon for, supposedly, nasty victims.
Ironically, a simple gust of wind renders the gas useless.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Regeneration Salve II
Waterday, 22nd of Fogwater, 2310 2330,

Why would lavandar and aloe vera, both pleasant smelling plants, combined with the Nether essence conjure a sea smell? Regeneration salves, both, smell akin to the ocean. This is one of those mysteries of alchemy that irk me.

The second, more powerful, variant of the regeneration salve heals severe frostbite and third-degree burned in four hours. A life threatening permanent damage... four hours. This isn't without drawback, as is theme with alchemical forumla: the salve simply informs the body of its magical healing intent. Since the body of the patient themselves are the ones healing themselves, the salve demands every bit of energy from one's body.
Four hours to heal; at least a day to recover from the fatigue ... and two days worth of meals required.

I recommend sea food to go with the salve's stench of ocean.
Paella is best.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Scent of Undeath
Townsday, 26th of Fogwater, 2330,

This is a strange one that excites me at the implications of magical creative misconduct.
Scent of Undeath, when burned, causes undead to ignore you whilst the black sand-like powder burns. Completely, for about five minutes, undead will completely ignore mortals within the Scent's surround. I imagine this is best used to either escape or ambush Skraag's domain. A situationally very useful alchemical formula which is inexpensive to make.

What baffles and enlivens me is the powders ability to put out mundane and unnatural lights. Flames shall be vanquished, but even arcane gemstones or divine light sources become dim to the point of pointlessness. Having been the one to create this very powder, you would think I would have an explanation... but I do not. It is simply magical in nature, despite mundane origins.

Sadly, Scent of Undeath is named aptly.
It stinks. Horribly. Worse than the Ivory War. Worse than Blightlands.
I would dare say that this powder stinks more than Ruvan's outhouse at the Taproom.
It is bad. So... so very bad.
I've firmly locked this away where hopefully it can be forgotten about.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Water Breath,
Fireday, 30th of Fogwater, 2330,

Water Breathing: the staple of alchemy. Back when Asero taught me forever ago, we achieved this with Netherwart and a Pufferfish, though the rare Bubble Kelp is far easier to work with than a poisonous fish. The potion back then functioned by giving a suffocating pocket of air in one's lungs, which made it difficult to breath in any circumstance.
This potion turns you into a fish.
Not literally. It grows you gills, webbed hands, changes your eyes and makes your skin slippery. For an entire hour, breathing out of water is now not possible. You are, for all intents, aquatic. It is one of the best potions in alchemy and it does take me back to Veraci with Asero's lessons... even with all these changes, it feels... nostaligc.

I think I may take a break from this for a week. There are other projects which currently require my attention.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
(( accidently crafted the wrong variant of Alchemist's Acid, so a filler post with my mistake ))

Blessday, 9th of Ghostmoon, 2330,

Nearly all the alchemical compounds and formulas created have been accounted for, bar an exception, since my absence. Worryingly, it was an acid. Splash it in someone's face and they no longer have a face. I ponder what became of it.

AbsentUser

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Alchemist's Acid III
Waterday, 13th of Ghostmoon, 2330,

The third chapter of the acid family, the most potent acidic liquid known to modern Altera. So much so, it will eventually corrode any container it is placed within.

Unlike the previous acid, which melts through skin and cloth, this particular acid burns through to muscle-- even if the individual is clothed (whereas the previous would only burn the material). It will burn through a centimeter of metal, thus proving still useless against armour, locks or even prosthetics.
Keep very far away from children and manchildren.

One may question why this acid is quite difficult in comparison to the second variant. This third variant requires Thornpest Powder. Do you know how difficult it is to make a powder out of an invasive plant which has lead to villages to abandon through their growth on everything metal? It only takes a small amount to fall off the mortar to start growing on the latches of the alembic and then, suddenly, the entire alchemical laboratory is filled with thornpest. Doorhinges, chisels, metal lids... grown upon and ruined. Then there is the trouble of actually adding it in the correct way to the already volatile mixture of tarwood and royal teeter! And if said plants aren't harvested correctly or healthy enough to warrant alchemical usage?!
Its a nightmare of care!
And people think they can just pick up alchemy like any hobby...

Back to etching runes. That is, at the very least, safe.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Elixir of Echoes
Sunderday, 2nd of Stormwind, 2330,

This was unexpected. My work of airship construction and alchemical solutions for the Ashland Conflict complete, I decided to get back to work with my research. For fun, I decided to see what would happen if I put the glowing humming flower and the (currently) rare glowing cactus flower together in a solution. I did not desire today to make Alchemist's Fire, I did not feel like it. Expecting nothing of this chance experimentation, I had, accidently, created an entirely new potion.

Happy accident.

This Elixir I have named 'Elixir of Echoes' due to its constant vibrations and effect seems to have properties from the Encasing Powder, creating some manner of 'block' in the throat that amplifies the spoken voice to an unpresedented level of power. Even a mere cough would be heard clearly from hills away. The possibility of this potion being used in the musical industry could be quite intriguing and, maybe, revolutionary.
Or speeches, though I tire of being told by would-be Blessed their doctrines. Queen Amelia has good speeches.

It makes me ponder what other alchemical wonders people have made. I should publish this alchemical discovery in a paper immediately before my next experiment.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
(( five day cooldowns good god ))

Alchemical Fire,
Godsend, 5th of Stormwind, 2330,

Fademoss is a rather rare clump of moss that is otherwise unremarkable within caverns. However, it is actually one of the most potent destructive forces within alchemy.

Alchemical Fire is, simply put, the worst thing to happen to those who do not know how to put it out. Blue flames sparked from this beautiful blue liquid spread wildly and cannot be put out by water, instead encouraged by water. It consumes everything in its path with more passion than normal fire, eating away an entire foundation of a structure within merely twelve seconds. It would be best used in sieges and naval warfare... to which this formula had been requested of me to create in this current damnedable Ashland Conflict.

I once almost lost ancient relics of the Precursors to Alchemical Fire in Candlewood thanks to an emotionally unstable teenager with a demonic possession. Thankfully Athryl knew the freezing cold will put out the flames... for without the flames running out of material to burn, the fire would spread forever.

Woe is the city that battles an alchemist.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Firebreath,
Waterday, 10th of Stormwind, 2330,

Usually I'd be quite happy swallowing a tasty crystal that allows me to breath fire like a dragon, but unfortunately the damage to one's voice after usage makes the entire endeavour a circus trick for mutes.
It is... pretty cool, but ... yes. Burns the insides via gas and flame.

In theory; I could use this then heal myself with my magic... which would be a good performance. However, for combat? When do you get time to put a crystal in your mouth in combat?

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Healing Salve III,
Thronesday, 15th of Stormwind, 2330,

This is real alchemy.
What we have here is the final third paste one applies to a bandage, skin to one and two. However, mixing the aforementioned bloodvine and chickweed with the rare Mother's Embrace, it contributes the general effects of ME with the added healing benefit, not including disinfectant. It can heal literally anything, stitching back up even sliced throats as well as internal organs. Outside of Formistry, it is the best option for sudden rapid healing on a battlefield when someone is about to die.

Unfortunately, the patient will feel... everything.
They will feel their organs being stitched back together over the four hour course this salve functions. Not even painkillers such as poppy's milk will help, the pain is part of the process.

I think that is rather harsh of reality to do that.
On one hand, you will be in the most pain you've ever been in your entire life. On the other, you live where you otherwise might die from a fatal wound.
A purple scar to remember.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Magic Nullification Gas,
Blessday, 20th of Stormwind, 2330,

Crush down the bare essentials for dealing with a Blessed and Mage- the Starblood and Volatile Obsidian respectively- and you grind them both down to fine liquid and gas via an Essence to mix with the awkwardly Corrupted third party, you get this... a, in my opinion, mediocre result.
A gas bomb that nullifies for a short time an area with red lightning in a charcoal-grey cloud with a minor side-effect of lethargy. Any Blessed or Mage caught within it are temporarily unable to cast their magic.

Thus the unimaginative name.

I know not how useful it will be in actual combat. Situationally important, one imagines. Given how mages are increasingly dependant on their magic due to their mental and spiritual requirement, it is imagined this manner of gas would be more helpful to a mage hunter. Perhaps I should keep this one for a gift.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Vengeful Essence,
Fireday, 25th of Stormwind, 2330,

Vengeful Essence regards the blood of the animal or monster it is conjured from, mixed well with cat's claw, to formulate an effective "poison" that only effects the creature the blood originates from.
For my own creation rendition, the blood of the Emperor Scorpion that Asero hunted was used to conjure an effective measure against the Emperor Scoprion specifically. The oil, rubbed against a weapon, is used to more effectively harm the creature and, more importantly, lure them toward you with bloodlust.
Thus the name.

It is one of the more helpful alchemical formulas, especially for those that enjoy hunting monsters; albeit only available to conjure if one has already hunted said monster successfully and decidedly given the blood to an alchemist of great talent. Thank you, Asero.
Electric

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Abyssal Anathema,
Sunderday, 30th of Stormwind, 2330,

Recently as of writing, one Lysander of the Ranger's Guild published a significant dossier study on demonic possession. It was a fond reading material, making logical strides toward understanding infernal and abyssmal tamperings of the soul. Perhaps most signficiantly in research was the titlesake: the Abyssal Anathema, an alchemical solution to bolster the soul against demonic incursion. One knows not how truly effective the solution is in practice, yet one followed the creation of Lyserin to the letter. It is hoped it functions for the individual one eventually gives it to.

Perhaps Lysander himself, as we have never met, yet I grow ever fonder of his work.

TheDeester

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Sterling Blossom Elixir,
Godsend, 3rd of Winterfest, 2330,

Nearing the end of this journey now, with only a few alchemical reagents left to brew.

(( Some not available to craft yet ))
Thus we end with the most difficult to brew of all.

Sterling Blossom Elixir is made from the crystal fruit of the Archblossom Tree, the remnant of Archon's first demise. These seeds, incapable of actually growing another tree naturally, can be made into essence and mixed with Crimsonwort to corrupt its pure divine properties to brew... this.

An elixir that 'cures' trauma.

It is dubious to me the forceful concealment to heal mental wounds, as famously that would be impossible. However, the truer effects of Sterling Blossom may be to temporarily conceal horrific things within one's mind for a brief time, such as for an event or to conjure new memories without worry of ruination with personal mental brawling of emotion. A 'cure all' elixir for the most potent of ghastly memories.

I know not if any other has brewed this elixir before, to which is a common theme upon thine task to 'brew one of everything.' This was the very last upon the list. Now it is a matter of brewing alchemical solutions that were invented in the mean time since the beginning of this year.
Which ... was 2310 at the start of the year, as my writings state, but now 2330 after getting out of Hell.
I would consider myself going mad if not for Cael whom confirmed the stars did jump.