Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herald Master Alchemist [I Brewed Everything]

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
(( Now on 3 day cooldowns, weee ))

Aconitine Poison,
Townsday, 7th of Floodlock, 2310,

This poison can actually kill someone if they do not realise the purple tint in their drink. No odour, unlike the last. Of course by the time it could potentially kill an individual, they have already cured themselves after general sickness overwhelms them as their heart fails. It ... does not look impressive, but matches all known descriptions of this poison.

Hopefully I did not just brew some funny colour water. I am not prepared to test to find out.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Large delay between the next potion as Lana has been commissioned to make several Anchors and my masterwork cooldown for carving has expired.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Air of Acrimony,
Waterday, 17th of Snowdown, 2310,

The first 'bomb.' I never liked that terminology. Explosives and barrels of powder are bombs. This is more akin to a chemical reaction, basic chemistry, from which impact and oxygen reacts to the alchemical formula. In this case, creating a cloud of disorientation that only works if the victim does not know how to hold their breath like a toddler in a lake. At the very least, it smells nice and would make a good smokescreen for an escape.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Alchemists Acid I,
Godsend, 19th of Floodlock, 2310,

Akin to the Healing Salve, there are multiple 'levels' of Alchemist Acid. The first, counted in Arcturian numerals, are always the weakest- yet required to create the more potent versions. As such, the first acid is unremarkable-- capable of burning skin to a harmful degree, but only if the skin was exposed to begin with. Not quite helpful to fighters, but it has helpful applications in the laboratory I can make use of.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Belladonna Poison,
Waterday, 24th of Floodlock, 2310,

When people consider poison, they may think of the green Mercurialis Poison, but the stereotypical effects are found in the Belladonna. Sadly, unless the victim drinks ink on the regular, it will be difficult to sneak some black liquid into food or drink. The poison is also not fatal unless you apply far more than one vial, which defeats the purpose in my eyes.

This sort of thing is why I never wrote a poison book. It all seems rather pointless to me. Nobody could possibly be tricked into consuming this.

Could they?

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Ecstaium,
Blessday, 27th of Floodlock, 2310,

Another drug. My powder turned out blue, though I am informed they can turn out various colours depending upon various factors in the brewing process. The completionist within me desired to see if I could create this abusive substance, to which I am satisfied. Little else to write here. Its a terrible thing to take.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Elixir of Agility,
Sunderday, 2nd of Springrise, 2310,

Now this is a potion. Honeyflower berries are especially wonderous treats, albeit heavily addictive and unfortunately harmful if children get their hands on them somehow. In an adult, the sugar high is much to bear. Crimsonwort Essence, as per usual, increases the otherwise powerful effect to a new level, increasing one's swift capabilities to impossible extremes of athletic agility. The downside is that it is unnatural, thus when it wears out within a shockingly poor ten minutes of effect, the consumer will feel the full weight of their actions as the body punishes them for exceeding what was physically possible for them to accomplish.

In comparison to most potions... I love this one. It is the sort of simple chemistry I sought Asero out to learn all those years ago.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Healing Salve II,
Blessday, 6th of Springrise, 2310,

During the Ivory War, I had many of these made. It is not a miracle cure like the Mother's Embrace variant of Healing Salve III, for it cannot stitch together cut organs or severed arteries. Yet admist warfare, the absence of physicans on the battlefield requires swiftly made, widespread salves to be handed out-- as the healing salve can effectively close arrow punctures and sword gashes with ease. I never made a count of how much money I spent during the Ivory War having these made, nor how many were made and given out... I should have, for I feel I never financally recovered.

Why?
...It is made of two somewhat 'common' flora that are found across two different climates. Bloodvine only grows naturally in Hakiaz Swamps or the Riseport Jungles, whilst Chickweed only grows in the frozen cold expanses of the north. Trying to import these items carefully, on time, well picked and perfectly healthy for alchemical bliss is difficult without sufficient investment. You cannot make a good salve with poor ingredients.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Hydrophobic Oil,
Sunderday, 9th of Springrise, 2310,

I have never known the true intent of this oil. You put it on something to make it waterproof for an hour, which in turn, makes the object heavier-- so much so, almost everything sinks. This is grand if you are Lady Briarwood creating an underwater library (though you will need a lot of oil). But if you are not creating an underwater library... what do you do with this oil? I am certain a creative mind out there will make something magical I've never considered.

Perhaps my own imagination perished trying to put up with Anhald idiocy.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Infirmitem,
Godsend, 12th of Springrise, 2310,

When healing is not required, but a non-afflictive and painless solution to violence, Infirmitem is the solution. Typical method is smashing the bottle, to which leads to a cloud of harmless weakening gas. Thankfully it does not require the victims within the breathe it in, instead acting instantly as a dense cloud of thickening, making all those within feel extremely weak and unable to move for a short time- though long enough for a meaningful escape or arrest.

My apprentice who exceeded me in every way in the Arcane, Trefor, once almost used this on me when I was about to murder Dayton the Dranoden lover in Eldpoint. I knew he was ready to throw something, yet I knew he was not one to harm a friend, even one ready to draw demonic blood. Thus when I simply said the word 'Infirmitem' in question, he nodded before we parted ways for the heated night. I am proud of him and, despite the circumstance of the memory, I find fondness in it.

JennyBean

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Poison Remedium,
Thronesday, 15th of Springrise, 2310,

Poison remedy is perhaps one of the most important potions that every Noble house of any standing should keep spare in a cupboard somewhere just in case a Jishrimite or Visage decides to poison your food and you somehow did not notice. The burns caused by the bath this potion is poured into to take effect is certainly preferable to death, I am certain nobody will disagree. It is interesting to me how a jungle herb and a farmland herb can mix to form a literal cure to all poisons, albeit a painful and mundane one.

This is where I am thankful to be a Life mage, as at some point, you just learn to how cast a spell to instantly cause this potion's effects without any drawbacks aside from the literal collapse of the barriers between reality, but that is neither here nor there.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Regeneration Salve I,
Fireday, 18th of Springrise, 2310,

This salve takes the effects of Aloe Vera and ramps it up to 1000% effectiveness due to Netherish innovation. Primarily, it gracefully heals frostbite, burns and severed arteries within two hours- though in turn, weakens the body to do so. It is not quite a miracle cure, given it does not work on burns in heat or frostbite in the cold- but its certainly an impressive and helpful salve all physicans should acquire, else require a Formist or Shalherana Blessed.
Its also oddly relaxing to make, bordering boredom.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Risustious,
Townsday, 21st of Springrise, 2310,

This one is a strange one that compels me. Risustious, from an outside prospective, is a simple liquid bomb that, when exposed to oxygen, becomes a pure black cloud that fades after about fifty seconds that forces all those within the cloud to laugh. Such a thing in a combat situation could be the perfect solution to swift exit or slowing army advances.

What I question is how the liquid itself laughs. I hold it up to my ear and I can hear cheeky laughter, akin to Aster stealing and hiding my boot or Ruvan's odd chortle. I do not understand. This potion is mundane, aside from the dubious origin of Crimsonwort. Nothing resides within it to laugh, no compound of chemical trickery I can deduce...

Perhaps it is simply the result of blending Magebloom to oppose the effects from normal Gazer Berry effects of Scopopic Elixir in such a gas cloud, as the Bloom is also used for Ecstasium or Phobiaura, both giving hallucinogenic results. Maybe the laughter is simply within our heads, though I doubt it. I believe there is a reason for this laughter, yet we simply do not have the resources in our day and age to determine why.

Sometimes I wish I could ask an Immortal King for help, as the ancients would have..

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Scotopic Elixir,
Godsend, 26th of Springrise, 2310,

It is a potion that makes your eyes glow blue and allows you to see in the dark. On my part, the former is reality already. It lasts only half an hour, to record when brewed correctly from the thematic Gazer Berry, to which can be ideal for literal darkness yet a painful torture brew when in a well-lit room. It is rumored this has made people go blind with continued usage, although there is also the rumor that continued usage in the darkness causes permanent biological alteration to give partial sight in the darkness. I know not how true this is, though its not unthinkable.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Phantom Touch Elixir,
Thronesday, 29th of Springrise, 2310,

This one is new. I created it with a Nether flora I found in a recent expedition into the Ivory King's old Fortress with some very good friends. It was quite revealing to the nature of demons to me, as well as an interesting sight to behold. It was during this expedition we gathered Nether flora, to which I cross-referenced with the Dranoden's influence over the Southern Deserts, only to find an identicle match. This is evidence to confirm my theory that Altera Two and Three have been 'absorbed' into the Nether Realm, as many other Realms have.
This particular potion is created with 'Sanguira,' as named by Melarue Lydrill, whom I trust would be the source of any information regarding the Nether or, speaking of it, Dranoden.

Phantom Touch seems especially helpful for surgeries, numbing a part of the body for a good hour with a purple colouration. After that hour, it'll be problematic, with potential harm caused during the numbness coming to fruition. This niche usage in the medical profession is quite dependant on the surgery happening whilst the patient is awake, of course, which is easily avoidable by simply ingesting passionflower or, better, Oneiric Tincture.

I am quite fond of it.
Presides: my recent opinions of heretical usages for mundane aid has been quite flexible.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Alchemists Acid II,
Fireday, 1st of Truebirth, 2310,

Alchemist's Acid II is simply a refined, superior variant of the first, to which it is now significantly more lethal, capable of burning down to the bone on a stark naked individual or simply third degree burns on a dressed. Sadly, only the third strongest variant is capable of burning metal, thus its usage for combat or burning through locks is not yet achievable, yet very much helpful of studies.

I have been brewing potions for quite some time now. To celebrate Truebirth's first date, I feel I have grasped a much deeper understanding of not only alchemy, but biology and floral study.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Thronesday, 5th of Truebirth,

I have taken some time off the usual brewing processes in quest to create all alchemical formula known to instead heed an urgent requests from individuals going to war. Personal desire for their success has driven me to create what I believe to be the greatest potion I have yet created. Everything was perfect-- the Honeyflower was picked ripe and large, the Crimsonwort was sent straight from the Nether by demons themselves and the process was milisecond flawless.

I highly doubt anybody will ever truly appreciate this work of art that shall possibly be used in battle in a moment's haste. I know not if it will turn the tide or be a burden, perhaps it shall only be used in the event of a retreat. What I do know is that I have created a masterpiece.

(Lana's first alchemical masterwork)

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Broken Bone Salve,
Townsday, 25th of Truebirth, 2310,

After a short hiatus of twenty days to finish potion requests and a unique construction of a Sea Hearth for Asero, I am back to creating alchemical wonders. Without Blooded Silver on hand, I sent an order to Frost for a feather. Ironically; that is who the Sea Hearth was for.

Broken bone salve is exactly what it sounds like. Using Wintergreen berries which is often used for pies, it seems to heal broken set bones when put in place painlessly over the course of four hours. Its quite unusually powerful. For physicans without a Formist on hand, this salve is undoubtedly one of the most important things to keep. A broken bone could potentially alter someone's life permanently, or spend months, if not a year, in misery... when it could be healed in four hours. A miracle of modern medicine-- all from a bunch of berries.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Chitinipellis
Fireday, 29th of Truebirth, 2310,

Chitinipellis sounds like a transmitted disease.

Asero enjoys challenges. He especially enjoys hunting, a sport I never quite understood the thrill for that many do. Thus I sent him to the desert to hunt a Kaiser Emperor Scorpion.. and he did, to my surprise. He came back with blood vials and the outer exoskeleton shell of the creature, the plates that makes it so fearsome in its armour.

Alchemically, Chitinipellis is an ointment. When the chitin of the scorpion is reduced down to dust and then made an Essence- combined with Crimsonwort as per usual-- it creates this odd ability to turn mortal flesh into Emperor Scorpion Chitin for one hour. The transformation is extremely painful, as I found out when I tested such an ointment upon my hand to see if it works... yet when the duration expires, the chitin sheds itself, falls off or can be rubbed away without burden.

Not only did this give me an interesting insight into what it must have been like to be a Precursor for a little while, it also occurs to me how rare this alchemical formula is.

Hunting an Emperor Scoprion is damned madness without reason. It is fun that this exists, but unless you are robbing a merchant with a knife only to surprise him with a shelled exterior, I cannot think of much use for this.

Perhaps I have began lacking in imagination.

Electric - thank you for the chitin :heart:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Banishing Powder,
Thronesday, 3rd of Sporebloom, 2310,

Frost's delivery came swifter than my work ethic.

Banishing powder is Theodra's gift to the Realm through her introduction to Blooded Silver back a year ago, as found out through a divination Raelur did a month or so before his death. Alchemy has a wide array of what I consider to be useless concoctions... this is not one of them. It is an extremely useful item when dealing with undead, vyre, demons and especially Skraag/Jishrim Blessed. This powder, when set in a straight line, will simply burn them.
I do not mean their toes get singed. Their entire being is engulfed in white flame. They will perish- or quickly find themselves in mortal agony for the rest of their live/unlife.

Downside is, it only lasts twenty-four hours and is a single use. Given the rarity of the feathers and time it takes to ground this powder perfectly within alchemical splendor, you do not see this powder very often. Yet I have seen it used in my life quite a few times.
Never seen it... work, however. I have been told it works. I have been told by Skraag Blessed that they can sense the powder is there and, through basic self-preservation, leave quite insulted.

Still. Helpful.

Fronslin - thank you for the blooded silver!