Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herald Master Alchemist [I Brewed Everything]

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Encasement Powder,
Waterday, 8th of Winterfeast, 2330,

One of the invented alchemical powders over the last... for me, a year, for everyone else, twenty years.

Encasement Powder is a simple grey sediment that when coming into contact with water or water-induced products becomes a rapid solid to 'encase' something or someone effectively permanently until removed. It would work wonders in a situation to trap someone for capture or to make an escape, although the question of where to effectively 'throw' water from is unclear. Undoubtedly one would need to be very, very lucky with their fortunes to use effectively.

Only three more alchemical solutions to make now.
Two of them are proving near impossible at the moment to produce due to a lack of Grey's Teeth and Poppy's Milk, which is odd given the existence of both Cor Vortum and Palmwood...

(( A ticket was made, just waiting for response ))

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Fiendish Whisper,
Thronesday, 13th of Winterfeast, 2330,

(( Non-canon entry for the final potion in my ability to create because Melarue hasn't released it publicly ))

Usually one would be upset at demonic concepts, yet this potion is genius. It utilizes demonic theory into practice, taking all the Corruptive magics unto oneself without possession for a temporary time, allowing the wisdom flowing through Corruption itselves to be utilized by a mortal. This poses obvious risks, yet the reward may outweight if the relevant knowledge granted is worthwhile to the victim consumer.

Melarue really outdid herself on this one.

Elz

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Starlit Ink,
Blessday, 18th of Winterfeast, 2330,

My dearest friend Kethron ( Heie ) has invested his mind unto us once more to apply his extensive wisdom this time into alchemy, creating Starlit Ink via application of our familiar Spirit's Wail and honey wax into ink. An ink, holy to my own religion under Magic herself, to only appear readable under starlight.

There are few times in modern times that bring a smile to my lips. This is certainly one of them.
The combination of arcane faith and alchemy intwined, a love letter to the Immortals themselves, writing words only revealed by distant Realms... it is truly something wonderful.

One may be using this often, following the self-isolation one has entered.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Brightspice,
Sunderday, 21st of Winterfeast, 2330,

Glomlir sent me a curious letter regarding his own alchemical innovation (( AbsentUser )). An orange powder formed from grounded Ashthistle Essence mixed with Crimsonwort creates a substance that, when ingested, heightens ones own senses beyond normality, increasing the five senses. Brightspice is an ideal culinary accomplishment, to which no surprise Valtomor Goods Company invented. To enjoy an already delicious meal shall induce nirvana.

Naturally, such a substance is not only addictive, yet also induces several hours of cranks and dreariness. All good things in life have unfortunate side-effects most unwelcome.

Yet perhaps worth it for pollo aj ajillo as if eating it for the first time again after all these years.
Alchemy is truly a wonder.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Poppy Milk Tonic,
Godsend, 14th of Snowdown, 2331(?),

Finality, to a study overarching time unknown through years skipping like a child haphazardly as the rules of the universe unfold, one mortal achieves something so proudly. The second to last alchemical solution, to which only Greyling Poison remains. It has taken just over a year in my own lifetime, though perhaps twenty if you ask future scholars and their inferior means of transcribing the passages of time.

Imported from Palmwood, Poppy Seeds- or rather, the Milk of the Poppy- is a powerful drug, opium, to which causes excessive relaxation of the body by itself. With the addition of Crimsonwort Essence, these effects are more pronounced, an illusionary temporary euphoria that is unlike the true relief Sterling Blossom provides. Primarily, this tonic should be used to make docile a patient in agony, one of mental stability that would not seek out future opium usage, such as a Ranger or a warrior of renown stillness. To combine Poppy's Milk and Healing Salve III would be an excellent combination, although mindful to not risk alchemical 'Overuse' to go above the 'three potion' limit every alchemist should avail themselves to.

Medicine is, after all, drugs to be taken only when needed. Most things are addictive. Opium is especially prone to mortal error. Avoiding that stigma, it is perhaps one of the best friends a physican can use.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Greyling Poison,
Thronesday, 17th of Snowdown, 2331(?),

It is finally complete. Every alchemical solution, poison and salve known to this date has been formulated by oneself. A feat to which I believe I am the first to achieve. Truly something Asero may be proud of.

The illusive Grey's Teeth fungus has been impossible for myself to find. Thankfully, Kethron found one and gifted me the fungus to complete my self-imposed quest. A humble small fungi, the bioluminescent liquid within is the prize. By itself, a lesser opium which relaxes muscles to give no pain relief, nor euphoria, only a docile state from old Eark tales of Greyling oppression during the First Great War. However, when crushed and brewed to an Essence-- mixed with Crimsonwort-- it formulates a potent paralytic poison.

Upon contact with the bloodstream, applied best at the end of a blade, this poison can fell even a Giant after half a minute to keep a foe completely paralyzed for one minute. It takes an additional moment to spread throughout the bloodstream, to which it achieves at great haste. Of all the poisons one has made, Greyling Poison is perhaps the most effective.

One has achieved, for now, the apex of alchemical study.
Once the dream of a younger scholar seeking the former Count of Veraci, fully realized with patience.
Alchemy is the mastery of predominantly flora, the harnessing of the Corrupted element and the slow methodical process of mixing liquid and gas. It is a science as much as it is an arcane form of logic.

These notes should continue, should new alchemical formula be discovered in the future.

I did it!
Every potion!
Woo!
Thank you to the following:

Electric - starting Lana on this journey and being the first to conjure alchemical lore into creation.
Also thank you for going on the Emperor Scorpion hunt that allowed me to make two of the rarest potions known to the server! :D

Solus - for continuing the efforts, keeping alchemy alive, through great strives and efforts.

Heie - For providing the rare alchemical items required for Lana to complete her mission, thank you!

LuxTop - For the wholesale of Crimsonwort Essence that kept me going at a brisk, unstoppable pace.

ZeroOrgan - For the then-rare Mysantheum given freely in Roleplay back-when.

The mad, mad individuals who crafted enough potions to reach Master Alchemist, whom submitted-- and approved-- their own potions.
Your creations continued this beloved journey and hopefully shall again in the future.
TheDeester AbsentUser Heie Elz

and the now long gone or banned players who helped me, I can only honour you alone for your help.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
You did good : ) thank u for giving the lore so much love. I put a lot of thought and time into it, as did the team that helped (Jasper, Magic_intern, Solus + etc whoever actually coded the monstrosity we made). There’s some useless potions (fumbling fizz, the fertility potion, etc) but that was by design. I wanted it to feel like a real part of the world, not just an rpg component. Potions that regular people in the world would make and use, not just the boring obvious ones.

Now when we gonna have Lana tell crow the news of her accomplishment