Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Corvus Dedamus

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Another distant relative....they just keep on coming, don't they.

"And this is Arcone. He is the son of one of my brothers. And this is Mori, the son of a different one of my brothers. And this is Lady Alvice, my sister, Benjamin my son, and Dekor my brother. Thats about everyone."

Corvus grinned and nodded.

"I never suspected I would have quite so many family members from my mother. You all are quite the reproducers."

Tantara smiled at that and waved his hand, dismissing a servant standing at attention.

"Yes, our family is like a group of rabbits. Anyways, welcome to the Saeradan clan....we have a tree house waiting for you if you want it, even though you are with the circus...you're still in the circus, aren't you?"

Corvus shrugged and pulled out a deck of cards, shuffling absently.

"I don't know. Since my dad died, I've never really had a family to call my own. I lived with my uncle for awhile before I ran away, but he was a little off kilter if you catch my drift......"

Tantara and Corvus stood there for a few awkward seconds absorbed by their thoughts, before one of the cousins came in. Tantara looked askance at him, then went over and had a quick whispered word. Straightening up, he smiled and nodded to Corvus.

"Forgive me, but I have urgent pressing business that must be attended too."

Corvus nodded. Tantara left and Crovus was left alone in the room with the cousin. Corvus narrowed his eyes at him.

"Mori...was it?"

The tall red haired man nodded and smiled gently.

"Quite. I'm pleased to meet another one of my ever expanding ring of relatives. One must wonder where we end."

Both of them laughed at that, then they walked out the door chatting like old friends.

"So Mori, what is it you do exactly?"

"Mostly I work as Uncle Tant's assisstant in diplomatic matters. I function as a stand in at meetings, negotiating contracts, blah blah blah, that sort of thing."

Corvus made a face at that, and Mori chuckled.

"I'm also the master of the Tauredal dungeons and director of torture."

Corvus raised his eyebrows at that.

"A diplomat and a dungeon master? Those two jobs..."

"Don't usually go together?"

Both of them laughed when they realized they had said the same thing at the exact same time. Corvus put a friendly arm around Mori.

"I'm sure you and I will get along just fine."

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hmmm.....these relatives of mine are pretty good at cards. Better step up my game.

Corvus tossed a small handful of gleaming coins onto the large stack already resting there.

"I see your 40, and raise it by 15"

The man named Irish to Corvus's right scowled at the table, his scar rippling over his brow like a wave. Calling the bet, he leaned back with an angry expression on his face....not that that was unusual. He always looked angry to Corvus.

Military men are oh so serious all the time. He must not get girls very much.

Across the table from Corvus, Mori studied his cards and threw down a raise of 10 radiants on top of the already substantial 55. As he leaned back, the only expression on his face was a slight smile, as if he was perfectly content.

Yes, I like Mori...alot. He's a very interesting opponent. I hope I'll never have to kill him.

To Mori's right, Corvus's other cousin Arcone frowned at his cards, then folded with a perturbed look about him.

"I'm sorry, but I have some business somewhere else. Good luck with your....game, gentleman."

Smiling, Corvus layed down his cards.

"King of Fools. I win by default. Good thing you bowed out early cousin."

Arcone made a mumbled curse under his breath as he walked away. Irish looked angry, even more than usual, and said something about going to yell at the recruits. Mori just raised his eyebrows and set down his cards.

"It's a pity, really. I had Count the Queens. Second highest scoring hand in the game of Sabres. But, we move on. Good game Corvus."

Corvus chuckled as he moved the glittering pile into his bag. Pausing, he noticed his thirst and turned to Mori.

"Any chance you could get me a bourbon around here?"

Mori smiled and left for his kitchen, leaving Corvus behind absently thinking. After a few minutes, Corvus began to
scratch his arm in annoyance, then when it became unbearable, he lifted his sleeve up, and stared in disgust at his arm.

Ugh....it's grown. Nearly the size of my hand now. And its so shiny looking and bumpy with those black tendrils as they reach up my arm. I think it's definetley caused by that Collective jack. Uggghhhhhh.....makes me want to jump out of my skin.

Still lost in thought about his arm, Corvus didn't notice Mori walk into the room with two drinks in hand. He did hear however, the sound of breaking glass as the cups od bourbon hit the floor. Looking over, Corvus saw a white faced Mori staring at his arm.

"What in the name of the almighty gods is that....thing...on your arm? I think I just saw it move."

Corvus grimaced, then told him the story about the Collective man who touched him. Frowning, Mori examined the infection with his fingers.

"I've never seen anything like it, but I think you're right about the demonic part of it. We could probably take you to see Bellon...but he's been away for awhile working on some project....hrm. I guess I could ask my fiance about it."

Corvus raised his eyebrows at that.

"Really? What kind of fiance do you have exactly that she knows so much about demons.?"

Mori awkwardly stood around for a few seconds, then gathering his courage, he spoke.

"Her name is Azsoai Luik. I met her a few months ago....and she is a demon herself."

Corvus stood gaping, then hearing a sound turned around. Standing in the door was a tall, red skinned figure with orange eyes and horns on her head. Frowning, she turned to Mori.

"Yes, I am Azsoai. Now what in the Nether is it that thing doing in our house?"

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
I love stories... Also, its Azsoai, I think...

Since my internet broke during a bit of the part where you infected Azsoai. Write it up that Irish and Kraven wouldn't let me get close to you, please.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
If its annoying you, you can make it so that it doesn't alert you when someone likes your post. Should be in alert preferences.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Bad juju demon! Stay away...although, she is quite attractive for a demon. Nice pair of legs....and those eyes are strangely beautiful in a scary kind of way. Hmmmm....how do you respond to someone who repulses you and fascinates you at the same time?

Smiling hesitantly, Corvus offered Azsoai his hand.

"I'm sorry, I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm Corvus Dedamus. It's a...unique...pleasure to meet you Missus Luik. And may I say you look quite beautiful in that armor."

Azsoai raised a single eyebrow, pursed her lips, and slapped Corvus across the face, throwing him 5 feet acriss the room. Grunting, she walked over to Mori.

"I wasn't asking about you, human. I was asking about that thing on your arm."

Holding his bruised jaw, Corvus stood up looking oddly happy.

Now that is one nether of a right cross. Hurts like the dickens...but I think I'm in love. Errrr...kinda hard to get around the fiance thing though.....and the demon thing too.

"Oh, you mean this? It's just a demon infection. Mori thought you might know what it is."

Frowning at Mori, Azsoai walked over to Corvus and poked at the black mass of tendrils.

"No, I have no idea what this is. Looks similar to a complication of the Vecran demon virus. Nasty looking thing though."

Turning back to Mori, she put on an annoyed face.

"However, I don't appreciate Mori just telling anyone about me, what I am, or giving my services away while I'm not here."

"Sweetie, this isn't just anyone. Corvus is my cousin, Tantara's grandson. He's staying with us until the house is finished."

Rolling her eyes up to the ceiling as if she could find intelligence there, Azsoai sat down on the couch gently.

"Mori dear, you have so many cousins I find it hard to keep track of them all. Anyways, I've been having a rough day dealing with my....problem, so could you be nice and show Mr. Dedamus out?"

Grrrrr.....show me out? I'm not a dog, woman. You may be pretty, but that makes my blood boil.

As Corvus walked away from the house, he saw Dekor, his uncle walking up. Seized with sudden rage, he punched him in the face. Dekor flew back 20 feet and lay there, stunned and bleeding. Corvus stood there in shock, then yanked up his sleeve. Before his eyes, the tendrils reached up to his elbow, then forged their way ahead to his shoulder in a matter of seconds. As they spread across his chest, he let loose a scream that quickly turned to a gurgle as the tendrils forced themselves down his throat. Blacking out, Corvus tumbled to the ground. The last thing he heard was an evil cackling in his head.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Thank you for the story, Corvus. I'll be sure to ready my dungeon in case you ever decide to act on your love for Azsoai.:D

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hehheheehhhehe....I'm so glad I finally get to come out and play. It's been so rough, forcing my way through Corvus's body, spreading and expanding. It would have taken me weeks if that demon hadn't touched my form heheheheh....she'd make a fine host for my darkness. But Jester has some business that needs to be attended to first.

Giggling, Jester watched as several people ringed around him, covering their mouths and yelling at him.

"Corvus! CORVUS! Are you all right? What happened?"

Jester just smiled and laughed uncontrollably.

"Oh, Corvus is gone for now. He's renting the place out to me and might not be back in for quite some time. I'm going to enjoy myself in the meantime. Maybe I'll help myself to a SNACK!"

Jester doubled over in hyena-like laughter as his eyes turned purple and the tendrils completely encased his body. All the assembled people began to back away, fear on their faces. The captain of the guard, Irish, was standing over by Mori and one of Irish's subordiantes, a man named Kraven. They were shielding Mori with their blades like Jester might strike at any minute. The only one who looked calm was the demon, Azsoai. She stood forward and regarded Jester coldly.

"So. A weak little infector demon like you is enroaching on my territory, Jester. Give me a good reason I shouldn't shred you right now?"

Jester cackled at that, then shuffled closer, standing but a few feet away with his tongue flickering in and out.

I like her. All fire and boom. I see why my host is attracted. Hheheheheheheh....she'll taste SO good.

"Why my dear, please give respect to a small one such as I. I did not mean to enroach upon your little slice of nether. I just got the feeling you were coming onto me. Mori must not be very good in the bedroom, right?"

Collapsing in hysterical laughter, Jester observed the rest of the crowd. Dekor had got back on his feet, and while looking unsteady, had the clear purpose of killing Jester. A pretty maid named Danie was standing off to the side, staring with wide eyes at Jester. Irish and his men were still guarding Mori, blades drawn and ready.

"My my, look at you all. Such a feast for little old me, you shouldn't have. But I warn you...I'm a big eater."

Jester lunged forward with unearthly speed, tendrils shooting out to grab ahold of Azsoai, but just as fast, she slashed them off with her talons. Hissing at her, he didn't notice Dekor swing his sword until it bit into his side. Jester screamed, then kicked Dekor away and jumped onto Danie. Chuckling, he wrapped her in tendrils and lifted her into the air.

"Time to eat!"

Just as he was about to bite down, Azsoai tackled him into the stream. Rolling around and sputtering up and out of the water, they landed on the bank and began fighting again. Sometimes Jester would pierce Azsoai's armor and dark blood came out, but she kept coming, forcing him backwards. Seething with hatred, he didn't notice he was at the edge of the Sacred grove of Tauredal until it was too late. Azsoai seized him by the throat and threw Jester back into the circle.

"Burn in the fires of the nether Jester."

NO! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED! I must feed!

Jester began to keen with a high, pitiful note as his skin began to smoke. Black tar came out of his mouth as the infection grew smaller and smaller, eventually shrinking down to a small dot the size of a fly....then that was gone too. All that was left was a strange tattoo adorning his shoulder.

"Looks like thats over."

Mori walked over to Azsoai and tried to put his arm around her, but she simply snarled and walked away, an expression of worry on her face. Mori just shook his head and signaled for Irish and Kraven to carry Corvus back to the house. After a moment he followed, being careful to avoid the black tar still bubbling ominously in the roadway.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Bit different from what I remember, but it sounds more... Better, this way. your a brilliant writer, Corvus.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Thank you. Bette and my other regular readers will probably feel a bit overwhelmed when they come back to all these posts. I'll try to hammer one more out before bedtime.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
I have my two old RP profiles, but I think those were deleted. The only one I know I have left is the two post Curse of the Crimson Wraith in the Stories, Myths and Folklore section.