Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Compendium Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
None of you are dead or dying (to my knowledge, gee wouldn't i be a bitch if soomeone had some terminal disease and their last dying wish to own compendium) over her decision to do what she wanted with her region. But you've made it seem like you've been completely thwarted and your life is over because you didn't win an auction. I'd like to point out that a. Hawklight (like many other people/factions) is inactive and the same would likely become of Compendium if she had sold it to some of those that made bids. Not everything in the world is an 'easy win that we'll just save money on.' It's hard to believe that you expected that in this situation and then argued about it.
Her choice has had absolutely no impact on your real life or the lives of others in the world, and arguing about it on her thread after she has closed the auction and explained herself more than once is rude.
Bit of a different scale there, buddy. It's crappy, not the end of the world. When a company refuses to refund you an item that is broken or not working as described you don't die, but it's probably not a happy day (I guess it's a bad example because it's illegal in most place). Actually hell, I know. When you invest time in a free to play game and it turns out the game is crappy. That's not your life over now is it? But you might still disappointed, no? Your scale seems to have paradise at one end and death by torture at the other. If you scale it down to "Owning a region" and "Not owning a region" the premise of your argument sort of ceases to be. And again, I have to reiterate, what Niah did isn't illegal, or wrong, or anything of the sort. All I've ever wanted on this server was transparency. Always, always AAALWAYS arguing for transparency. You go back through any argument I've made with the staff it always boiled down to being transparent with the players. It's not such a difficult concept to grasp. This is at its core the same problem. There was a bid, and she didn't disclose it. The fact that we didn't get the region doesn't matter.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Expecting transparency in every situation/from someone on the internet is a bit ridiculous. Expectations like that are never met in the world, no matter how much you want them to be.

I may want my kraft macaroni and cheese to taste like gourmet pasta but when it all boils down it's just sticky orange stuff and some limp noodles.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Auctions can have buyouts. This auction had a buyout. The buyout was met. Nothing shady happened. If you have a problem with the way the auction was worded then you should have thought of that before you placed a bid. Nobody was swindled or tricked or lied to. The terms were laid out at the beginning of the auction. And now, rather than having a problem with the terms before you placed your bids, you complain as though you were somehow misled by the word "maybe".

Anonymous buyout or not, she accepted it. Whether you were going to outbid them or not, she still accepted the buyout as per the terms of the auction.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
At least I got to see what a real auction's aftermath looks like through text. God bless you mystery buyer.
Nah, in reality they'd be , if even, angry at the highest bidder and any possible buyout option would leave no doubt about its existence.

Taking thirty seconds to write a post once or twice is hardly a waste of time. You have 85 years on this earth if your lucky and most people don't complain about having two minutes taken away because they lost an auction to someone that is anonymous.

You didn't lose anything because it wasn't yours to begin with. And if it was worthless to you, why care? She started the bids low, I assume, to get people invested. A lot of people do/have done that.
Ad losing:
I'll sum my answer up to that you obviously didn't read what I wrote at all, as I was clearly talking about loosing the auction, not the region - which is a huge difference as the former does not require anyone to own it to be able to loose it, while the other does.

Ad time:
Same can be said a about time invested as me referring to explaining the others over several hours why I think we should not buy at all and then if we really have to (because I was outvoted there) not go over this and that price. That time was clearly wasted since if there had been a clear and unmistakable that a buyout option with a price we could have skipped 45 minutes of discussion about potential prices.

A house comes to decisions differently than a singular person does. If someone spends money from their personal fundus its a totally different story than if they spend house money, as the latter is the shared effort of an entire house the leadership is being trusted with to spend it wisely and in the house's best interest.

And no, 'might', is not a definite. here it is the past simple of may and indicates a possibility.

For everyone here, be it Hawklight or others who gave a negative response the issue is not not getting the region at all, but the way it went down. - a thing you apparently refuse to consider when giving any responses.

Like it or not, the comment regarding auctions being entertaining in combination with how this ended leaves a sour aftertaste.
It makes you feel like the time you invested in this has been used for someone eases entertainment. And tbh in the time I spent trying to get people to see why I think we shouldn't buy it (and them trying to get me to see why we should) we could have probably done something more useful.

So no I'm really out of here - just forgot that if I got quoted the un-watching won't help me at all :rolleyes:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Now. I promised that I would respond to the comments, and I spent hours writing up a scathing response to most every comment here. But in the end, this place makes me angry. It makes me sad. And at the end of writing, I realized that I really don't care what you think DraconDarknight . I am not a troll that was curled up under a bridge just waiting for an opportunity to scam you. I am someone who invested time and money into a region that wanted to give it to someone that would take care of it. (Not to someone that would frankenstein it with world edits, as I noticed was brought up in this thread.) Someone came to me willing, and able, to offer full price. The minute they did, I posted here. I was not sitting on a full price bid from the start and just watching everyone here dance.

I left a month ago, and in the time since, I have been able to breath. The stress and anxiety and the depression this place caused was gone. How many days have I been back though? In the short time I've been back, this community reinforced my disappointment with most of you, and it confirmed that I should not return. Not even on 'secret' alts. I thought this place could have been worth it, but I was wrong. I am sorry that I was not transparent enough for you, but I did not realize a region that was 'worthless,' as someone in this thread called it, would create such a mess.

So I take my leave. Again. And in doing so, I will regret even thinking that this place could have been more tolerable even as an alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.