Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Compendium Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Plot twist: The 'anonymous buyer' is actually Niah

Shymallamadingdong Plot twist: It's actually solus disguised as Niah, buying it to make a huge fun house

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
The shadow admins are at it again

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
Well that just ruined the fun of this thread . . . Some people were ready to go above and beyond and ya just had to kill! :p :heart:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Shymallamadingdong Plot twist: It's actually solus disguised as Niah, buying it to make a huge fun house
My money is genuinely on this.

Probably just another 'secret' alt.
Don't have enough money or time for another region- but conspiracy theories ahoy!

Yo guys- I get this is upsetting- but she's the owner of the region and she's free to give it to whomever. (Suggestion though- add a moderator to the convo to ensure the exchange is properly gone through so people don't pull the rug out of you). You can nitpick the words, but - Big O's will always have that choice of who to give their region to.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Don't have enough money or time for another region- but conspiracy theories ahoy!

Yo guys- I get this is upsetting- but she's the owner of the region and she's free to give it to whomever. (Suggestion though- add a moderator to the convo to ensure the exchange is properly gone through so people don't pull the rug out of you). You can nitpick the words, but - Big O's will always have that choice of who to give their region to.
I'm not even upset that JStar lost the bid solus (I argued about 2 hours in our leadership chat that it is 14K blocks from south of where we want to have our RP) - It is that she Niah basically made the people biding here her evening entertainment - basically she never wanted to accept a result below plot value it in the first place but just watch people waste their time on bids for entertainment - Pretty evident from her own words.

And that, and nothing else, is what riles me here.
The region itself is in my opinion worthless to us when its not moved near Blackstone, to which the majority in the house voted against so I'm not really upset about the 'that we lost' but there was apparently never an honest intention to accept a bid below plot value to begin with.

go away its her thing to sell as she likes
Yes it is Elz, no one said anything against that. However there is a difference between selling as one likes and making others their evening entertainment for the lolz over several pages(again those are pretty much her words).
This thread should have been posted on April 1st and not 2 days ago.

Last edited:

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Let us not make a bigger argument than this is, and hope the new owner will carry on the true spirit :)

Niah is the captain of her ship.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Nothing Niah said was false. "A full price offer might get it right off" means pretty much that if someone known to her offered the price to take the town off her hands she was going to go for it, while reserving herself the right to say no to someone for any reason.

Clearly she should stick around in the community and answer for her terrible crime of not giving the collection of pixels to you.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
If I didn't get a full price offer, I would have gone with the highest bid. That's how most auctions I've seen work. The moment someone told me, "full price" I considered it sold. I consider full price as upbidding everyone else.

I will deal with the rest of these comments after work if you guys can keep yourselves from having a hernia for a few hours.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
If I didn't get a full price offer, I would have gone with the highest bid. That's how most auctions I've seen work. The moment someone told me, "full price" I considered it sold. I consider full price as upbidding everyone else.

I will deal with the rest of these comments after work if you guys can keep yourselves from having a hernia for a few hours.
I think their main problem is that the bid wasn't put in here so no one could contest it or respond to it properly when they were ready to go beyond that price. Besides whats the point in annonymity when we all know how to check who owns the region after its transferred?

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
I think their main problem is that the bid wasn't put in here so no one could contest it or respond to it properly when they were ready to go beyond that price. Besides whats the point in annonymity when we all know how to check who owns the region after its transferred?
It was her work that she worked hard to build, so it's her choice of who she wants to sell it to. She may have seen this particular person as more fit to run the region than others that were bidding (though I can't speak for her) and/or saw more of a future with the new owner. Whatever the case is, nobody has the right to be throwing a fit over an auction when it wasn't their hard work being sold off.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
It was her work that she worked hard to build, so it's her choice of who she wants to sell it to. She may have seen this particular person as more fit to run the region than others that were bidding (though I can't speak for her) and/or saw more of a future with the new owner. Whatever the case is, nobody has the right to be throwing a fit over an auction when it wasn't their hard work being sold off.
Just that people don't complain about not getting the region, but about the principle of their time having been wasted. - Its a matter of principle and not one of not getting the price. :rolleyes:
(In my case 2 hrs plus of trying to tell people that its too far away from Blackstone to be of use + that if we buy it we should at least WE it over here(on which I was outvoted) So I'm really not upset about not getting the region at all its a matter of principle. For all I care she could have placed TNT around the entire region and ignited it - Would have been the same difference to me as when Jstar would have gotten the region because its freaking 14K blocks away from where I want the RP to happen anyhow.

Anyway I'm done with this thread - arguing about it is useless as people won't get it in their head that people argue about a principle here rather than someone having outbid them. :rolleyes:

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Oh my God no one is saying she's not allowed to sell it. It IS her choice, you're absolutely right, and if she decided to ignore all of us and just sell it for 1 Radiant or give it away for free that would also be her choice. It's about the impact her choice has on others. I can go on for hours about how choices have impact on people around the choice-makers. Hawklight thought we were going to have an easy win and save a bit of money on it, too, but NUPE. Our limit was 800k if you were curious.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
It's about the impact her choice has on others. I can go on for hours about how choices have impact on people around the choice-makers. Hawklight thought we were going to have an easy win and save a bit of money on it, too, but NUPE. Our limit was 800k if you were curious.
None of you are dead or dying (to my knowledge, gee wouldn't i be a bitch if soomeone had some terminal disease and their last dying wish to own compendium) over her decision to do what she wanted with her region. But you've made it seem like you've been completely thwarted and your life is over because you didn't win an auction. I'd like to point out that a. Hawklight (like many other people/factions) is inactive and the same would likely become of Compendium if she had sold it to some of those that made bids. Not everything in the world is an 'easy win that we'll just save money on.' It's hard to believe that you expected that in this situation and then argued about it.
Her choice has had absolutely no impact on your real life or the lives of others in the world, and arguing about it on her thread after she has closed the auction and explained herself more than once is rude.

time having been wasted
Taking thirty seconds to write a post once or twice is hardly a waste of time. You have 85 years on this earth if your lucky and most people don't complain about having two minutes taken away because they lost an auction to someone that is anonymous.

The region itself is in my opinion worthless to us when its not moved near Blackstone, to which the majority in the house voted against so I'm not really upset about the 'that we lost' but there was apparently never an honest intention to accept a bid below plot value to begin with.
You didn't lose anything because it wasn't yours to begin with. And if it was worthless to you, why care? She started the bids low, I assume, to get people invested. A lot of people do/have done that.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Why are you guys complaining when all of your comments seem to include "The house voted against it"

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
+ that if we buy it we should at least WE it over here(on which I was outvoted)
*flashbacks to the thread about world editing*

In seriousness, Niah - Lemme know if you want a lock on this or not, since it's over.
The rest of you stop arguing about an auction. Time wasn't wasted, have some respect for the region owner's choice and take a step back. : /

Status
Not open for further replies.