Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Compendium Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Money hoarding in case someone returns

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
The amount of money people are willing to spent/has spent can also increase chance of the guy actually doing something with it - Since well.. Money has been invested, need to put it to use :D

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I honestly would b/c it's gorgeous, but someone else already tricked me into caring for one of these things.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Someone willing to pay for it is someone that'll not set it on fire or let it go to ruin, most likely. And I'm auctioning as well because watching people bid is entertaining

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Nonono hold up. You can't do that. You can't tell us that the auction is ongoing without telling us that the price has been raised. We were willing to easily bid over the full plot value. This is absolute nonsense.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Nonono hold up. You can't do that. You can't tell us that the auction is ongoing without telling us that the price has been raised. We were willing to easily bid over the full plot value. This is absolute nonsense.
If anyone has the money to make a sufficient offer for the region, and wants it, reply or something. I'm not active, Ice is gone, and Omikuji is inactive. Let me see your offers. Full plot value offers might just get it straight out.

266 plots. 712,500 for full plot value. Starting bid at 300,000.
It says full plot value offers just get it straight out. It's even how eBay works.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
It says full plot value offers just get it straight out. It's even how eBay works.
No. You said 'Might'.
What Ebay does is offer a guaranteed buyout price. Not a 'Might'.
You cannot pair an uncertainty with an auction. People are obviously going to bid and hope to get it for lower, it is naive to think anything other than this will happen when this opportunity is on the table. If you just wanted the full price, say "I will only sell it for the full price or higher."
Im in full agreement with MRPolo13 here.

Editing in more evidence:

Full plot value offers might just get it straight out.
full plot value offers just get it straight out.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
No. You said 'Might'.
What Ebay does is offer a guaranteed buyout price. Not a 'Might'.
You cannot pair an uncertainty with an auction. People are obviously going to bid and hope to get it for lower, it is naive to think anything other than this will happen when this opportunity is on the table. If you just wanted the full price, say "I will only sell it for the full price or higher."
Im in full agreement with MRPolo13 here.
she never said she only wanted the full price though

i agree with you guys that this is silly though

especially because it'll be impossible for it to remain anonymous long

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
No you said they might - not that they'd actually do. Thats a huge difference.
Sorry but I feel like the people bidding here have been your private entertainment zoo, especially given the earlier comment about you having fun seeing people bid on auctions.

tbh I expected this to end with a dirty trick such as 'Ok I didn't get the full plot value, so this is off. - Sorry' but accepting an ano offer without clearly setting a pre-determined buyout price is just plain disgusting. - Basically you have wasted our time with being your evening entertainment here, since watching people bid adds to your personal amusement. (your own words)

Someone willing to pay for it is someone that'll not set it on fire or let it go to ruin, most likely. And I'm auctioning as well because watching people bid is entertaining

And note I am the guy who spent ~ 3 hours explaining to everyone in our leadership channel why I think we should not buy it for.

Edit: Darn warwolf sniped me on the might.

Status
Not open for further replies.