Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The New World Charter (Event and Forum rp)

Teeke

Lord of Altera
The elves look particularly suited to living off the land, their fingernails are dirty, and multiple small nick and scratches dot their exposed skin. Luciah, the fairer of the two is wearing a pair of shoes, and they are both wearing fabrics made of cotton and bark fibers. The sacks on their backs look to be packed for long treks, perhaps they pilgrims about...

Teeke grins and nods as the others enter, and she speaks to Niko.

"(Broken common) Thanking. We yes to help."

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Niko nods and smiles.

Looking forward to it.

{well...as long as you don't tend the hull apart like last time, they should be fine}

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
*cedrics air of unwavering eccentricity dampens only moments as mori and his child enter. There is obvious unresolved tension between the two halflings.*

Everyone please find a seat, your welcome to pour over any information already collected. Just about everything is on the table, i will explain everything momentarily.

*with that he pushes out his chair and silently his head bobs in and out of view behind the table over to the two halflings*

I am happy you came mori. And your child- *he squats to be eye level with the young halfling*
-ah yes. A true lydel, you look much like my brother. What's your name?

*his voice is much gentler with the younger, Cedric much likes children*
BoredBrit

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Mor would just watch Cedric closely, his face showing something not often seen before; tiredness and age. However the child, William, would just watch Cedric wide eyed before grinning clumsily.

"Da says Lydel knows everythin'!."

This would merit a snicker from Mor and a ruffle of the little one's hair. He'd look to Cedric, probably in the eye.
"What do we know for sure so far?"

OOC: Balatro
(Would carry on, but sleep is a thing.)

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Very little. House Hawklight has made some impressive headway. A few camps have sprang up but there is little communication between the houses which has slowed things down. The northern side of the island is largely frostbitten. There is also a strange landscape similar to hell's Island north of scourge in the old world but thousand fold more hostile.

*Glances back to the child*
I suspect you are not joining us little one? You might make for a decent rigger in a few years but…
*Smiles, stands and looks at mori taking him all in*

So- did the Lucan make it out of scourge? News stopped coming when Anhald and Furvur set sail.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Teeke motions to a pair of nearby chairs, which they approach and unslung their large bags near. After setting down the bags the two elves sit themselves at the appropriate seats.
The darker skinned elf, Teeke, confers with the fair skinned Luciah.

Teeke
<E: Sister... What did he say about tables...?>
Luciah <E: That all of the information he's collected is laid out on them.>

Teeke nods and looks more closely at the maps, all the written documents however are lost on her.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Niko listens to Cedric as he briefs the group on the situation. He adds his own insight to the discussion.

"To the south, there exist large smooth rock formations that loosely resemble warts. From simply looking at them they look to be comprised of red granite"

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
"Right" *He stands looking up at the table.*

Lets get to it than shall we?

*He walks back to his chair and climbs into it settling into a seat at the head of the table*

As you know The Charter has three missions all of them intended for unification of the houses and mutual benefit of the peoples of Altera. The Map, The Road, and the Seat. Now I suspect the 3rd of which will make itself apparent to us the first two are going to be no small feat. we will begin with the first.

The map. Who here has sailing experience?

BoredBrit Niko The Tottot Teeke

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Niko swiftly raises his hand.

"Thrice have I sailed, in fact one of those voyages was the mapping expedition of the Old Northern Kingdoms."

{We get the point Niko, you don't need to brag}

Arrowflint

Lord of Altera
Patron
Arrowflint
Arrowflint
Patron
Sounds of crunching gravel might be heard as a third man approches the tent. He pauses at the entrance for a moment before subtley ducking inside. The newcomer has clearly been travelling on the road, given the pack over his shoulder and worn cloths. Around his shoulders is the torn remains of a green cloak, and at his hip is a quiver of arrows. Seeing the others are talking, Falken nods to the halfling behind the desk and remains silently listening at the back.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
*Smiles at the new comer.*

Please have a seat, I was just figuring out the relative sailing skill of our gathering.

Arrowflint

Lord of Altera
Patron
Arrowflint
Arrowflint
Patron
He nods again with a smile.

" ' appreciate it."

The forester steps forwards, taking his pack off and setting it against a chair before taking a seat. He glances around the tent, taking note of the other occupants and the charts across the desk.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
"I've had my fair share of travels by sea. . . Ever since my false bounty in Tambry I have been out and about seeing what there is to see in the world. You need ships old friend?"

writing down a note or two smiling as they converse

FeignedMusician

Loyal Servant of Altera
Luciah sits upside down on the table, letting her long white hair rest lackadaisily on the ground. She giggles a bit as everyone talks.

<E:Miss Teeke, these people are nice, yes? I hope we have fun! Maybe I can find love!> She proclaimed.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Teeke motions for Luciah to climb down.
<E: We're guests, do mind yourself...>

Afterward Teeke resumes studying the maps, though by now she's started to trace her own copies, using the others as reference.

Arrowflint

Lord of Altera
Patron
Arrowflint
Arrowflint
Patron
Falken raises an eyebrow, eyeing the two elves humorously.

Turning back to Cedric:

"Name's Falken. I'm here representing the Ranger's Guild. I've been on a handful of ships myself, though I wouldn't nessicarly call myself a sailor.."

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
*gives a smirk to james* false. Sure... Well I've good news, that's likely to be lifted with the formation of Abermore, so if your truly intrested perhaps I can put in a good word. And no were only taking one ship. The Sarai's Knoght.

*turns to falken*
THEE Rangers? Somnastra's Rangers? I'm honored. I was approached to join many years ago but sadly I believe my ties with the various houses forbids it. Thank you so much for coming falken.

*he raises his voice to address the room*

ALRIHT EVERYONE. This is a fair enough group to form a more than functional crew. Many of you don't know how to sail. But enough do that I can provide rudimentary training.

Allow me to go over the details of this first trip. We will sail around the length of the island. From our early and few jorneys, it is evident that this will take a very long time, anywhere from 2-6 months to move slow enough to provide time to map with full effoency. (Icly only of corse, time skips)

If this is an issue for anyone there are other jobs you can do for to aid the charter. Which you can approach me about later.

*he moves his large yellowed paper copy of the charter to an open side of the table*

Please if you would all sign here to indicate your intentions to partake in this quest and your name among those who completed it for historical record.

This is no small notion please be sure you understand the risks. I only want those fully Comitied to the journey.

*he smiles, steps back and motions to the few quills on the table*

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Niko slips a hand into his satchel and pulls out an inkwell with a quill. He takes out the quill and signs the parchment in his /full/ name.

Baron Niko of Variclav

Arrowflint

Lord of Altera
Patron
Arrowflint
Arrowflint
Patron
Falken simply nodes at the halfing's remarks. He takes one of the provided quills on the desk and neatly signs his own name below.

Falken Shieldhart

Last edited: