Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Gift of Giving - CLOSED!

Snowymaximus

Lord of Altera
Legend
Snowymaximus
Snowymaximus
Legend
Rae Astrid approaches the box by nightfall, her voidless eyes curiously flirting its silver glean. She removes half a page from her black journal and writes a message:

"Please, I want to be, or look friendlier than I am, without changing what I am."

She hesisitates a moment as she finishes, not knowing what to expect other than makeup, or a dress. She shivers, pulling back her hair by her right ear, the paper softly clasped between her fingers. She holds her gaze towards the box a long moment, the veil of her eyes passing through her raven hair. She cuffs the message in her hand, curling it between her fingers, crumpling it slightly, before offering it with gentle and disconsolate exhale.

Last edited:

Cranium

Meep
Retired Staff
_Cranium_
_Cranium_
Blessed
Junse'ke hobbles along, cloak robed and shawl donned, obfuscating her from the chilly night air. Amidst her sleeve returns a crumpled piece of yellowing parchment, which she fingers to find the edges and flatten out. After a couple moments, she slips it inside the box, letting her palm rest atop the slit for just a moment, before retreating back within the cloth. The writing is faint and rather messy, with occasional gaps and oddly space words.

"Grant unto me through your benevolance, a mask to help me don the face and head of an individual so chosen, for I remain powerless in the open air and to those who would seek to harm me. Hiding isn't enough anymore. Please." - Junse'ke

The last word seemed almost desperate. Her form is rather large for such a small woman, strangely enough. Nonetheless, she would anticipate a response, before reatreating to a nearby darkened sidestreet, content with being hid from all.

Last edited:

sneff24

I think I might like it here
Humphomus
Humphomus
As Elexana comes into Storms Landing with her arms filled with journals from her research trip she notices the crowd gathered around this peculiar box. She glances over at the Linstel boat knowing she should go home as soon as possible, but she has been gone for over a week what's a few more minutes? She approaches the box and asks those gathered around it what it does, an elderly woman explains how this box is granted gifts to those who put in a request. Elexana stands back for a moment to think of what she would ask, listening to the requests of those around her. Finally, she thinks of something and starts to giggle.
"Hey box, first of all, I think what you are doing is great, giving to others without asking for anything in return, that's pretty noble of you, and I thought I would use this opportunity to do the same. I've been listening to many of these requests and they tend me be people wanting things for themselves, so I thought I'd do something nice for a.... friend of mine. Asher you know the Kaiser of the Kalstat, I know I know I'm shocked I'm writing this to you, but last time I saw him I couldn't help but notice that he could be clouded by emotions, and let anger get the best of him. My father taught me that emotions like that will fog our judgment. I need him to keep Jean-Mathieu safe, I need him to be able to make true amends with my family, or at least not be blinded by anger when we attempt to. So my wish is for an item that can provide calm and clarity to the Kaiser of the Kalstat, help him soothe his emotions so he can be the best ruler he can be. Perhaps he can forgive our past together if this works. Also, make sure he knows it's from me, I want him to know the lesson of the Hardanger and what emotion can do to your ability to lead. Thanks again, yours truly, Elexana Von Hardanger."

Last edited:

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
A blue orb appears and shakes snow at him. A mildly exasperated voice sounds, as it lingers out of range of being grasped.
"Describe this sword you seek."
Kaelin was taken aback from the glowing orb within his room, he watched as the snow fell upon the wooden floor noting how he'd need to clean it up after. He noticed the tone of the orbs voice and tried not to waste its time. Standing up from his seat within his room Kaelin quickly smoothed his shirt down for wrinkles making himself look more presentable. Allowing a soft smile to come across his face he spoke out towards the glowing orb in a soft tone "My father's sword was that of a longsword, it's metal was dark. Not black to say but more of a dark grey. It had a matching crossguard though appeared to have a slight shine to it. The hilt was ordinary wood i believe though it was wrapped in a black leather. The pommel as with most longswords was made from metal though altered to allow a heartstone. I can insert my own gemstone into the pommel so their would be no need to provide a gem. The only thing that i'd like change is the material of the metal, my father's sword was made of treated steel. I would be honored if the steel it was forged from this time came from space. Thank you"
(if anything needs clearing up please feel free to ask)

Shao

Bring back angry react
Ventare drops a note in on his way to the tavern.
"A quarterstaff that shrinks down to the size and weight of a tooth pick at my will."

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
*After careful consideration Kethron slides a note into the box*

"I wish for a map of the stars to gift another. One that shows the constellations as they are when viewed. One that shifts as the constellations move across the sky during the year" -Kethron

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Eimar moves up to the box as he slips a piece into the box.

"I ask that one the mornen of Christmas that each family who cannot afford a Christmas meal of their own or presents for their children. Each get a meal to fill their bellies and gifts to make them have a memorable day."

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Wolfgang stuffs parchment into the box.

I wish for a sword fit to replace that Lothaire lost from his father. Perhaps of that diamond he's obsessed with.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good

I wish for a sword fit to replace that Lothaire lost from his father. Perhaps of that diamond he's obsessed with.
My fudder’s sword, Wuddgang...

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Boetius happens upon the box, and after a few minutes, he writes his wish. "I would like the strength of five..no ten men, or maybe just a gift for my wife."
+ The parchment is accepted with a 'gift for your wife, sure.' and the strength bit is crossed out. +

With a hum, Joseph places a hand over and upon his chin with his eyes closing as he begins to tap the end of his foot up against the ground. Then, after procuring a singular sheet of parchment and a charcoal stick, he drifts over to sit on the ground and begin to write out his letter.

"Hopefully, this finds you in good health. As I've come to be in this world, I have become sated with my position, and have taken to being the Mentor to others. I love my students dearly; Should my last breath ever approach, I wish to be able to teach them still yet, should they ever have need of my words once again. Through what method, I know not, but you seem to be crafty and creative yourself."
+ The parchment is declined. +

"I wish for a tool that will allow me to better enforce the law in my lands."
+ The parchment is declined with a whisper about being less vague. +

Ronak appears, despite already having made a wish, and slips a piece of paper into the box, reading
"Box, you seem to be happy to grant wishes for others, but have you any yourself? Maybe a small roof and walls to keep the rain off you while still leaving you accessible? Perhaps a small gift of your own? With you willing to grant others gifts, seems only fair you get one too"
He'd wait for a response from the box for a while, if it gave any at all
+ A laugh, a cheer, and a round of 'aww' from multiple sources in the box. It is accepted. +

Walking toward the Tavern, Eliss would initially pay the box no mind, walking past it as though he never notice it to begin with. However, after a few more steps his walk would come to a halt and he would walk backwards to the object he somehow missed prior with confusion.
We'll blame tunnel vision I suppose....
Regardless. He stares at the box for a while, seeming skeptical about the idea. He gently knocks on the lid and confirms it's not his imagination.
"One wish hm?" he says to himself as he finds a paper to write on
He jokingly writes something down before crossing it out. The wish would get a small pity laugh out of him despite him being the writer.
The vyre then tries to actually think of a somewhat realistic wish...

"I wish I had a tool capable of sheltering me from the sun, akin to what a parasol does I suppose, but even they are thin and do not shade the sun all to well for my needs" - Eliss Cuttingthorne
+ The parchment is approved. +

Marian would approach the box in the early evening, quickly writing out her request on a parchment before placing it into the box.

"In my time here, I have so many things that I wish to catalogue and take note of. Because of this, I wish for a small book, with parchment enough to last me for the rest of my life and beyond, one that will also never fade or wear with age." -Marian Olliran
+ The parchment is approved. +

Rae Astrid approaches the box by nightfall, her voidless eyes curiously flirting its silver glean. She removes half a page from her black journal and writes a message:

"Please, I want to be, or look friendlier than I am, without changing what I am."

She hesisitates a moment as she finishes, not knowing what to expect other than makeup, or a dress. She shivers, pulling back her hair by her right ear, the paper softly clasped between her fingers. She holds her gaze towards the box a long moment, the veil of her eyes passing through her raven hair. She cuffs the message in her hand, curling it between her fingers, crumpling it slightly, before offering it with gentle and disconsolate exhale.
+ The parchment is accepted, and she later finds herself with an invitation: [ x ] +

Junse'ke hobbles along, cloak robed and shawl donned, obfuscating her from the chilly night air. Amidst her sleeve returns a crumpled piece of yellowing parchment, which she fingers to find the edges and flatten out. After a couple moments, she slips it inside the box, letting her palm rest atop the slit for just a moment, before retreating back within the cloth. The writing is faint and rather messy, with occasional gaps and oddly space words.

"Grant unto me through your benevolance, a mask to help me don the face and head of an individual so chosen, for I remain powerless in the open air and to those who would seek to harm me. Hiding isn't enough anymore. Please." - Junse'ke

The last word seemed almost desperate. Her form is rather large for such a small woman, strangely enough. Nonetheless, she would anticipate a response, before reatreating to a nearby darkened sidestreet, content with being hid from all.
+ The parchment is declined. Something about identity theft does not sit quite right. +

As Elexana comes into Storms Landing with her arms filled with journals from her research trip she notices the crowd gathered around this peculiar box. She glances over at the Linstel boat knowing she should go home as soon as possible, but she has been gone for over a week what's a few more minutes? She approaches the box and asks those gathered around it what it does, an elderly woman explains how this box is granted gifts to those who put in a request. Elexana stands back for a moment to think of what she would ask, listening to the requests of those around her. Finally, she thinks of something and starts to giggle.
"Hey box, first of all, I think what you are doing is great, giving to others without asking for anything in return, that's pretty noble of you, and I thought I would use this opportunity to do the same. I've been listening to many of these requests and they tend me be people wanting things for themselves, so I thought I'd do something nice for a.... friend of mine. Asher you know the Kaiser of the Kalstat, I know I know I'm shocked I'm writing this to you, but last time I saw him I couldn't help but notice that he could be clouded by emotions, and let anger get the best of him. My father taught me that emotions like that will fog our judgment. I need him to keep Jean-Mathieu safe, I need him to be able to make true amends with my family, or at least not be blinded by anger when we attempt to. So my wish is for an item that can provide calm and clarity to the Kaiser of the Kalstat, help him soothe his emotions so he can be the best ruler he can be. Perhaps he can forgive our past together if this works. Also, make sure he knows it's from me, I want him to know the lesson of the Hardanger and what emotion can do to your ability to lead. Thanks again, yours truly, Elexana Von Hardanger."
+ The parchment is accepted, after a pause. +

Ventare drops a note in on his way to the tavern.
"A quarterstaff that shrinks down to the size and weight of a tooth pick at my will."
+ The parchment is accepted with a 'maybe not quite that dramatic'. +

*After careful consideration Kethron slides a note into the box*

"I wish for a map of the stars to gift another. One that shows the constellations as they are when viewed. One that shifts as the constellations move across the sky during the year" -Kethron
+ A maybe. The parchment is accepted. +

Eimar moves up to the box as he slips a piece into the box.

"I ask that one the mornen of Christmas that each family who cannot afford a Christmas meal of their own or presents for their children. Each get a meal to fill their bellies and gifts to make them have a memorable day."
+ An 'aww', and the parchment is accepted. +

+ A hum, and then the parchment is accepted. +

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Those who were denied are free to re-wish if they post it tomorrow (21st) and no later, but entries for this are now closed. With that, I'll also post my own:

Aelyth slips parchment into the box, which is accepted so I don't have to quote myself and say so.
"I wish for a longbow unique to the world and unbreakable for the amount of stupidly dangerous escapades its owner gets involved with. Please deliver it to 'Aryn'. You can't miss him."

kaiser_harding

Lord of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
*Thure goes to slip in another final note*

I wish for a Gavel and block that when used compels those around to listen and be quite, so that I might properly conduct Trials and court meetings in the future in an orderly way.

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Ronak looks mildly disappointed he was unable to build a small house or give a gift to the box as he goes to the tavern to acquire himself a pot of coffee

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
*Thure goes to slip in another final note*

I wish for a Gavel and block that when used compels those around to listen and be quite, so that I might properly conduct Trials and court meetings in the future in an orderly way.
+The parchment is accepted before the box whisks away. Timey wimey. +

Cranium

Meep
Retired Staff
_Cranium_
_Cranium_
Blessed
+ The parchment is declined. Something about identity theft does not sit quite right. +
With a grumble and an altogether not so surprised sigh, she instead elects to issue a new request. She emerges from the shadows to add another parchment into the box

"If not a guise, perhaps a set of boots to help me outrun pursuers?" - Junse'ke

She pauses, before returning back to her decrepit alleyway for safety.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
After explaining to Elz that I am late in subitting my wish due to shooting a "yeti hunting movie" I have been cleared to submit the following late gift request:

Having heard of the strange box, and the wonder it promises, Doggett slipped out one evening to investigate. Finding the box, and finding it fairly intuitive, he jotts down the following request:

"
I wish for the glass eye of Iskvandar Alighieri to be able to see, and for him to be able to move it about all natural like. I think he'd really appreciate it if his glass eye could just work like a regular eye. Thank you."

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
With a grumble and an altogether not so surprised sigh, she instead elects to issue a new request. She emerges from the shadows to add another parchment into the box

"If not a guise, perhaps a set of boots to help me outrun pursuers?" - Junse'ke

She pauses, before returning back to her decrepit alleyway for safety.
+ Prior to the gift box vanishing, it is accepted. +

After explaining to Elz that I am late in subitting my wish due to shooting a "yeti hunting movie" I have been cleared to submit the following late gift request:

Having heard of the strange box, and the wonder it promises, Doggett slipped out one evening to investigate. Finding the box, and finding it fairly intuitive, he jotts down the following request:

"
I wish for the glass eye of Iskvandar Alighieri to be able to see, and for him to be able to move it about all natural like. I think he'd really apprecare it if his glass eye could just work like a regular eye. Thank you."
+ He's hit with a snowball from behind, the parchment accepted prior to the box vanishing. +

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
A Sool in formal dress would approach the box, this time. He'd slip a new parchment inside while no one looked.

"Jin again, box-buddy. This is the last one from us, promise. How about a book that only my brother and I can write in and read from?"

He'd look around, waiting for a response, but being sure he didn't look like he was waiting for a response.
Posting in case this got missed! Sorry!