Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Gift of Giving - CLOSED!

Morbid

Lord of Altera
Evil
ThatMorbidBanter
ThatMorbidBanter
Evil
There was little surprise on Marceau's part when the box regurgitated his request, and though his disappointment was immeasurable, his day was not ruined. However, nearly as soon as his first idea was turned away, dozens of others flooded his mind, and within not more than a few moments, he was penning a new, more reasonable request of the box

"It is to my understanding that my previous askance of you was likely beyond your capabilities, a situation which, though saddening, is entirely understandable. My second desiderate, be it within your means, would be for a small, elegant blanket, sized so that it might comfortably swaddle an infant or small child, bearing the special properties that if one were to be so wrapped within the blanket in question, they sensation would of gentle sunlight enveloping and softly warming them. My purpose in acquiring such a cover would be that even in the dark of night, my child might always know the loving embrace of the Sun, even from their most tender hour.

My sincerest gratitudes once more,
Marceau_Signature.png"

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
-Talos returns to write out one last parchment-

"If it isn't to much to ask, I would like something to make sure my forge is always running properly -Talos"

kaiser_harding

Lord of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
Thure approaches the box and slips in a piece of paper.

"I ask for an amulet that would allow me to keep my emotions totally suppressed and stop an elemental from consuming my being completely so that I might attempt to control one without it overpowering me"

AionTbird

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
Xozu approaches the box with a small skip to his step with a pre-prepared piece of paper.

The paper reads simply:

"I ask for a device to view the stars in a new light.
- Xozu"

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Leighton crouches down, giving the box a little grin before dropping a folded parchment inside.

"All I ask of you, dear box, is that you let it snow on Eldpoint this winter, so that the young elves can see it for the first time. Thank you~"

And off he trots away.
+ A ringing bell, and the parchment is accepted. +

A masked Sool approached the box hesitantly, his hand trembling a bit as he placed the folded parchment inside.

"We are Kadhab and Jin, and, beyond anything, we wish to be brothers, not within the same body. A man-like construct that can be used to hold my own mind, separating mine from Jin's as two wholes. Thank you for your consideration."

And he sprints off into the darkness.
+ There is a pause, before ultimately the parchment is declined with a sad tone. +

Umbra approaches the box with a curious look on his as he inspects it a bit before pushing the parchment inside.
"I just wish for a map or a book that details the oceans of Altera "
+ A cooing noise, and the parchment is accepted. +

There was little surprise on Marceau's part when the box regurgitated his request, and though his disappointment was immeasurable, his day was not ruined. However, nearly as soon as his first idea was turned away, dozens of others flooded his mind, and within not more than a few moments, he was penning a new, more reasonable request of the box

"It is to my understanding that my previous askance of you was likely beyond your capabilities, a situation which, though saddening, is entirely understandable. My second desiderate, be it within your means, would be for a small, elegant blanket, sized so that it might comfortably swaddle an infant or small child, bearing the special properties that if one were to be so wrapped within the blanket in question, they sensation would of gentle sunlight enveloping and softly warming them. My purpose in acquiring such a cover would be that even in the dark of night, my child might always know the loving embrace of the Sun, even from their most tender hour.

My sincerest gratitudes once more,
View attachment 117596"
+ The parchment twists and turns before being accepted. +

-Talos returns to write out one last parchment-

"If it isn't to much to ask, I would like something to make sure my forge is always running properly -Talos"
+ The parchment is accepted after a pause of consideration. +

Thure approaches the box and slips in a piece of paper.

"I ask for an amulet that would allow me to keep my emotions totally suppressed and stop an elemental from consuming my being completely so that I might attempt to control one without it overpowering me"
+ There is the sound of a sad trumpet, and the parchment is not accepted. +

Xozu approaches the box with a small skip to his step with a pre-prepared piece of paper.

The paper reads simply:

"I ask for a device to view the stars in a new light.
- Xozu"
+ A hum, a big maybe. +

- Note: This will close up on the 20th.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Rowley takes a few moments staring at the box, before shrugging.

"A Magic Focus for Antone Rosenthal." - Antone Rosenthal.
A small blue orb that seems to shed snow and ice particles finds him, and with a demanding tone:
"Did you mean the pretty stone, or a sword?"

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
[ Please define what 'The Iris' is. ]
Fronslin ponders for a long time before the box, Considering proper gifts over miracles to request. He starts writing on a parchment

"I wish for an inert heartstone similar to the Iris I carry to hand out to a worthy student I teach." -Fronslin Menguar
Name: Spectral Iris
Description: A transmuted form of a gemstone provided by Fronslin, once cyan, now a dark skyscape of shifting hue with all the depth of the void.
Effect: Spells cast via the focus take on the color of the heartstone, which changes naturally within the range of blues, purples and teal, or rarely the pure white of starlight; generally within a ‘stellar’ or ‘cosmic’ theme. By focusing on a particular color for half a minute, the color of the heartstone can be changed to it for the next 24 hours before it resumes its gradual random drift. This heartstone has a standard attunement DC.
Item Holder: Fronslin
Fixed.
[Still waiting on a response here. Just making sure it didn't get skipped over] Elz sorry ahead of time

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Aryn sidles up to the box, regarding it with a long distrusting look before slipping a piece of paper into it.

"Box,
I wish for an exotic feather, of a kind rarely seen in our realm.
Thank you, Aryn."

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Basil initially tries to jostle it to get it to open and then does the little ritual.

"My old staff, for me. Basil Phoenix."
A small blue orb flicks snow at his face and lingers just out of range to be grasped.
"You're a bit bloody old. We'll have to get creative. Don't be disappointed."

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
[Still waiting on a response here. Just making sure it didn't get skipped over] Elz sorry ahead of time
No thats fine, my bad.

+ It is tentatively accepted. +

Aryn sidles up to the box, regarding it with a long distrusting look before slipping a piece of paper into it.

"Box,
I wish for an exotic feather, of a kind rarely seen in our realm.
Thank you, Aryn."
+ There is a little 'aww', before the parchment is accepted. +

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
A Sool in formal dress would approach the box, this time. He'd slip a new parchment inside while no one looked.

"Jin again, box-buddy. This is the last one from us, promise. How about a book that only my brother and I can write in and read from?"

He'd look around, waiting for a response, but being sure he didn't look like he was waiting for a response.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Florian pauses before the box, taking for himself a moment to contemplate. Departing, he would return in time with a brief message scrawled in charcoal. The man crouches down to place it into the box.

"I only want peace for my son, for Wilhelm- however that may manifest. I wish for prosperity upon his lands and people in his absence, the God be willing. I am in your debt eternally should you grant what I ask."

PhilBruno

Lord of Altera
Evil
PhilBruno
PhilBruno
Evil
A small blue orb that seems to shed snow and ice particles finds him, and with a demanding tone:
"Did you mean the pretty stone, or a sword?"
Rowley blinks nervously at the snow and ice before giving a short answer: "The pretty stone. A special one would be nice for him, to make sure he can defend himself better."

TheDuples

Lord of Altera
Boetius happens upon the box, and after a few minutes, he writes his wish. "I would like the strength of five..no ten men, or maybe just a gift for my wife."

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
With a hum, Joseph places a hand over and upon his chin with his eyes closing as he begins to tap the end of his foot up against the ground. Then, after procuring a singular sheet of parchment and a charcoal stick, he drifts over to sit on the ground and begin to write out his letter.

"Hopefully, this finds you in good health. As I've come to be in this world, I have become sated with my position, and have taken to being the Mentor to others. I love my students dearly; Should my last breath ever approach, I wish to be able to teach them still yet, should they ever have need of my words once again. Through what method, I know not, but you seem to be crafty and creative yourself."

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Kaelin approached the small box clad in his bronze cloak, he looked around at the people who surrounded the box. He saw the smiles upon their faces as they left with goodies from the box. He wondered what kind of magic was behind this box, was some divine force behind all this or perhaps a generous mage. Kaelin starred at the box with a neutral expression before reaching into his satchel and producing a parchment.

Once finished writin he folded the parchment in half and placed it within the box giving it a small tap. Written in Aurion the parchment would read.

"I Kaelin B. Cerridwen wish for a replica of my father's longsword, the one that was used to help protect Arget's citizens in its fall. I however would like to alter it in one small way if possible. I wish for its metal to come from space. My father and I both shared an interest in She Who Is Beyond Names. If you could deliver my wish to be. I’d truly be great full.”
A blue orb appears and shakes snow at him. A mildly exasperated voice sounds, as it lingers out of range of being grasped.
"Describe this sword you seek."

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Ronak appears, despite already having made a wish, and slips a piece of paper into the box, reading
"Box, you seem to be happy to grant wishes for others, but have you any yourself? Maybe a small roof and walls to keep the rain off you while still leaving you accessible? Perhaps a small gift of your own? With you willing to grant others gifts, seems only fair you get one too"
He'd wait for a response from the box for a while, if it gave any at all

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Walking toward the Tavern, Eliss would initially pay the box no mind, walking past it as though he never notice it to begin with. However, after a few more steps his walk would come to a halt and he would walk backwards to the object he somehow missed prior with confusion.
We'll blame tunnel vision I suppose....
Regardless. He stares at the box for a while, seeming skeptical about the idea. He gently knocks on the lid and confirms it's not his imagination.
"One wish hm?" he says to himself as he finds a paper to write on
He jokingly writes something down before crossing it out. The wish would get a small pity laugh out of him despite him being the writer.
The vyre then tries to actually think of a somewhat realistic wish...

"I wish I had a tool capable of sheltering me from the sun, akin to what a parasol does I suppose, but even they are thin and do not shade the sun all to well for my needs" - Eliss Cuttingthorne

Last edited:

mageaegis

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
Marian would approach the box in the early evening, quickly writing out her request on a parchment before placing it into the box.

"In my time here, I have so many things that I wish to catalogue and take note of. Because of this, I wish for a small book, with parchment enough to last me for the rest of my life and beyond, one that will also never fade or wear with age." -Marian Olliran