Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Court of Port Silver

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Now the new trade district is open, I would like to get some use out of the lovely courthouse that is just off the main square. This thread is to discuss how it could work. Here's what I have so far:

The court can be used to resolve disputes or to prosecute crimes. One or more judges will preside over the court and will listen to the evidence and pass judgement once all sides have had their say.

Here are some of the roles we'll need to fill. Reply to this thread if you want to take on a role. There will be ad-hoc RP roles for people representing plaintiffs, accused and the people representing them. Witnesses etc.

Judge: Rauyran
Deputy Judges: HeerKarel + Valonyx + mastertyl (The deputy judge takes over if the judge is not available.)
Guard and Executioner: SparkInSpace
Clerk: baron_aron (responsible for recording proceedings and judgements for the archives)
Bailiffs: ??? (responsible for arresting suspects and bringing them to trial)
Guards: KingFeather, minez2000 + ??? (to guard prisoners awaiting trial and protect court staff)

For dispute resolution, normally only one judge is needed and the clerk to record the final judgement. We could consider a whole bunch of things from who started a fight all the way up to deciding who owns a certain house or town!

For criminal prosecutions we need all the roles to be present. The courthouse has holding cells underneath so we can use them to hold prisoners awaiting trial. If someone is accused of a crime then the court bailiff needs to arrest them and bring them to a holding cell until they can be tried. We'll hear evidence from both sides, call some witnesses and pass judgement, including possibly the death sentence!

Put ideas for things you want to court to pass judgement on in this thread and I will schedule them if i think they are good enough.

I hope to hold the first court session on Friday evening from about 8pm GMT. That might change if we can't get people to fill the roles or if there is nothing to judge.

Here' a picture of the new courthouse as seen from the new spawn location:

2013-01-08_21.57.16.png