Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Player is protected by a magical barrier

TinyBlueberry

Lord of Altera
Is there any way to protect myself in my own claimed chunk in the sorrows without protecting other people? Or assigning protection to certain accounts? I've been having problems with people coming into my chunk when I'm working on it and just watching there watching me while waiting for me to step outside my barrier(I'm guessing?), and they won't leave when I ask them too and when I hit them it says "Player protected by a magical barrier"

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
We used to have something like this, abused horribly. Lead someone to your chunk. Brutally kill them when your protected and they are not. Guess it's everyone or no-one!

TinyBlueberry

Lord of Altera
Ugh.. Why do people have to abuse things.. Because then people who would use it for the right reason don't get it as well. Now I must find a way to get him off whenever he comes back.

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
I agree with Piraple, but here's my opinion on this. We should go back to what Oguk said we had earlier. I mean whats the difference between abusing the /home command, and abusing your protection? Some people might want to stay away from PVP but its nearly impossible with the campers there.

Besides it would be very foolish for a PVPer to follow someone to their chunk.

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
I agree with Piraple, but here's my opinion on this. We should go back to what Oguk said we had earlier. I mean whats the difference between abusing the /home command, and abusing your protection? Some people might want to stay away from PVP but its nearly impossible with the campers there.

Besides it would be very foolish for a PVPer to follow someone to their chunk.
Bandits made huge holes and chased their victims into these protected holes. It was abused both ways.

If I had my way there would be no /home or no /spawn. Claimed plots protects everyone. This would mean would have to travel and not just /command about.

Would also bring back the old bandit style. Pay tolls, protection rackets.

People moan bandits KoS (Kill on sight).

You know why? The resources got too wishy washy and miner friendly with all these commands making it nice and safe. As a result? See a bandit, just /command out... Meaning bandits have to KoS if they want rewards and loot instead of trying to RP and charge tolls.

I always think the resource world needs to be more hardcore! Meaning that miners are scared and willing to pay. Meaning bandits are not forced to kill!

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
Ugh.. Why do people have to abuse things.. Because then people who would use it for the right reason don't get it as well. Now I must find a way to get him off whenever he comes back.
Abuse of permissions = Exactly why we can't have nice things

:L Whelp.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Bandits made huge holes and chased their victims into these protected holes. It was abused both ways.

If I had my way there would be no /home or no /spawn. Claimed plots protects everyone. This would mean would have to travel and not just /command about.

You know why? The resources got too wishy washy and miner friendly with all these commands making it nice and safe. As a result? See a bandit, just /command out... Meaning bandits have to KoS if they want rewards and loot instead of trying to RP and charge tolls.

I always think the resource world needs to be more hardcore! Meaning that miners are scared and willing to pay. Meaning bandits are not forced to kill!

I can't like and agree at the same time :(

TinyBlueberry

Lord of Altera

Although, if it was reverted back to that no one is going to want to go there, or they're going to go in groups and fight against the bandits. Ultimately raising the prices for cobblestone, iron ect and meaning only the nobility with money is going to have nice things.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
At least make the /home be the same as spawn, to get rid of people escaping from PVP too quickly.
No idea if it got changed or not; but logging out from combat isn't (or wasn't?) against the rules in Protaras SW.
So as long as that rule stands people can still get away.

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
Although, if it was reverted back to that no one is going to want to go there, or they're going to go in groups and fight against the bandits. Ultimately raising the prices for cobblestone, iron ect and meaning only the nobility with money is going to have nice things.
That NEVER happened before...

Infact the following did seem to happen:
More people in resouce world.
Fair for bandits and miners.
Less deaths. (People payed tolls to pass unharmed).
People got good jobs as a bodyguard.
Wars inbetween bandits and armies. EG. Heaven Reach guard vs bandits.
More RP in the resource worlds.

The more I think, the better it seemed.

Also how on Altera would that mean only nobles have nice things?

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
Maybe if they coded it so when you hit someone 3 times in a row it starts a 15 second countdown before you have perms to kill them. Would be a pain to code though and I'm not sure if Ptiber can even do stuff like that! :p

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Maybe if they coded it so when you hit someone 3 times in a row it starts a 15 second countdown before you have perms to kill them. Would be a pain to code though and I'm not sure if Ptiber can even do stuff like that! :p

A fun idea, although I'm almost certain someone with sharpness 5, fire aspect 2, serrated strikes and a strength potion can one shot somebody.

Hecatyche

Lord of Altera
Also how on Altera would that mean only nobles have nice things?

Most people wouldn't go due to the fear of bandits.
Everyone would be demanding this stuff since they are too scared to go themselves.
People who are not scared enough to go will make the prices expensive.
Only rich people could afford such things as iron, gold, diamond etc.

There you go.

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
Most people wouldn't go due to the fear of bandits.
Everyone would be demanding this stuff since they are too scared to go themselves.
People who are not scared enough to go will make the prices expensive.
Only rich people could afford such things as iron, gold, diamond etc.

There you go.
No gain without pain.

Or you could just pay the tolls instead of /home away hence why us Bandits have to KoS!

OGUK SMASH!

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera
If we had one pvp world and one non-pvp resource world, I'd be fine with that, but everyone needs to be able to get resources without getting their heads cut off, if you ask me. It's just unfair otherwise.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
If we had one pvp world and one non-pvp resource world, I'd be fine with that, but everyone needs to be able to get resources without getting their heads cut off, if you ask me. It's just unfair otherwise.

We had that, but it just ended up with the SW being empty 90% of the time.