Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Player is protected by a magical barrier

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Look, Altera can't be all sunshine and butterflies. There has to be some challenge. Now, that said, if people don't want challenge they should probably find a creative server.

If the game isn't challenging then it isn't rewarding. If it isn't rewarding it isn't fun. And that's how you get players leaving after a month because they get bored real quick.

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera
There's a difference between it being challenging to get resources and it being impossible to get them without getting killed or paying off unreliable bandits.

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
I agree with flowster. If sorrowlands could have a PvP zone, and a no-pvp zone, or just remove all pvp, I would go to sorrow's more often.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I don't know what to tell you guys, If you don't want to suffer the consequences of death then a creative world is best for you. Interacting with other players is just part of playing on a server.

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera
I come here to RP and to build- I don't like building in creative worlds because it's disjointed and ugly. You can't RP your way out of a kill-on-sight bandit attack. And PvP is far from the only way to interact with other players. Wanting to be able to mine in peace is a far cry from wanting to get all of my items with complete and total lack of effort.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I can't even reach a half way point with you guys. There is a RP build world with no PvP, and a resource world with PvP. You have your world I have mine. But it looks like you just want to kick people like me off the server, and I'm not comfortable with that.

apollo6000

Lord of Altera
I play on the server for RP. I did NOT sign up for PvP. We gather resources to further our RP. And when we are KOSed there is no chance to RP it out. We don't want sunshine and butterflies, FYI I find it a little offensive that you are making it out like we want it handed to us on a silver plater we are still willing to deal with mobs and mining, we want something in the way of RP, not PvP. Maybe you should go to a PvP server if you so crave it.

Edit - Sniped by flow

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
Ok guys...we try to be a realistic server, and in real life resources are NEVER free...they always come with a cost and yes sometimes that is even the cost of life. Especially during the medieval times, where bandits roamed the trade routes. We are based off that time period as well, so it does fit in with the server type. While not everyone enjoys to PvP there are ways around it, and creative ones if you think on it. You want to RP it? Then hire someone in RP to help protect you or gather resources for your town. Find far out of the way places and use your /home and /spawn to your benefit.

Challenge is good, and items will have more value if they are harder to obtain. Try and come up with some good ways around these issues and use your creativity! Group up with other people that don't like PvP but want their resources and take them on with numbers. There are lot's of options :heart:

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Maybe you should go to a PvP server if you so crave it.

That's all I ever hear, I'm just throwing it back.

Again, bandits have to KoS because of the PvP protections. Currently, you cannot RP PvP because of them. They are ruining the game for me. I came here for RP and PvP. I want a half way point. And making the resource world PvP also makes resources more valuable because they are more difficult to get. Currently there is a curse that turns peoples diamonds into coal when they pick them up put in place to achieve this.

Please stop trying to run my play style off the server.

XOXOXO, Dummyplug.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Ok guys...we try to be a realistic server, and in real life resources are NEVER free...they always come with a cost and yes sometimes that is even the cost of life. Especially during the medieval times, where bandits roamed the trade routes. We are based off that time period as well, so it does fit in with the server type. While not everyone enjoys to PvP there are ways around it, and creative ones if you think on it. You want to RP it? Then hire someone in RP to help protect you or gather resources for your town. Find far out of the way places and use your /home and /spawn to your benefit.

Challenge is good, and items will have more value if they are harder to obtain. Try and come up with some good ways around these issues and use your creativity! Group up with other people that don't like PvP but want their resources and take them on with numbers. There are lot's of options :heart:

You beat me to it :p

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera

I think this is the half-way that dUMMY was talking about. And I wasn't saying to get rid of PvP- far from it. I'm just of the opinion that everyone should be able to have what they like. My halfway was the old system- a resource world with no PvP but where resources are less easy to find and there was less cool stuff, and a resource world where there was more cool stuff but PvP was also a risk.

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
I was just giving the information from the staff side of it. And to clarify that it does fit in with the server and it's ideas as it was created by the server. Unfortunately we can't give everyone what they'd like, or please them all. So we have to concentrate on a vision and stick with it, and do our best by it. Having two types of resource worlds, or three rather, didn't work out or it was time for a change. Either way, I'm just hoping people start embracing these changes instead of worrying and grumbling about them so much. Life is full of changes and situations not being ideal for everyone, so this is an opportunity for people to start practicing their adaptation skills, and hopefully relaxing and having some fun in the process :heart:

Spark

Broken
And lets face it, if you can't slip past some bandits you are preeetty dumb, or just plain unlucky. You can EASILY run into a claimed chunk, there are multiple camps about. Just run into one and /home. It is really NOT THAT HARD.

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
I can't even reach a half way point with you guys. There is a RP build world with no PvP, and a resource world with PvP. You have your world I have mine. But it looks like you just want to kick people like me off the server, and I'm not comfortable with that.
I some what agree with this.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
And lets face it, if you can't slip past some bandits you are preeetty dumb, or just plain unlucky. You can EASILY run into a claimed chunk, there are multiple camps about. Just run into one and /home. It is really NOT THAT HARD.
Though a bit outspoken, Spark is right. If anyone here would like to challenge me here is the deal: If you can kill me as another player(no admin /commands) before I /home in the SW as it is right now, then I will give you my town. All 240 plots and nearly 4 beacons.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Though a bit outspoken, Spark is right. If anyone here would like to challenge me here is the deal: If you can kill me as another player(no admin /commands) before I /home in the SW as it is right now, then I will give you my town. All 240 plots and nearly 4 beacons.
I'd say that's about right.

Theoretical maximized defense vs theoretical maximized offense requires about 10 hits to kill the maxed out defense, in which I am almost certain the defender can get the heck out.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I'd say that's about right.

Theoretical maximized defense vs theoretical maximized offense requires about 10 hits to kill the maxed out defense, in which I am almost certain the defender can get the heck out.
This is true, but you've seen first hand how I could get away and be completely naked while doing it.