Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Lakeside] Lake Vera

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Lake Vera
Lake Vera is a settlement founded as a retreat by Vorar-Elem Polvur to get some privacy from the noise of the world. Located on the shore of the triple lake system of Vera, Chal, and a third yet unnamed lake in the middle of the largest forest in Altera, Lake Vera is utterly inaccessible from any direction, save the balloon transport from Arduin port.​
Lake Vera is an extremely RP heavy town. Indeed, every structure so far built is exclusively for RP purposes, except for the Arduin balloon.​
Because of the relaxed nature of the town, structures are raised as needed. People are given the ability to build their home as they see fit, as long as it follows the town building rules*. People may build anywhere they see fit in Lake Vera's area, not just the current claimed zone. I will claim out to your build site, as long as it isn't too far from existing claimed chunks.​
To join Lake Vera, post with the following form:​
Username:
Character Name:
Job you want:
How active are you?:
*Building Rules:​
1. Preserve nature. If you can avoid cutting down a tree, do so. Incorporate the tree into your build if you have to.​
2. Oak is a primary building material, though stone and imported materials are allowed.​
3. Try to stay below the foliage line. It's fine if you go above, but no silly towers.​
4. You can build basements right down to bedrock if you want, but not outside your building footprint. In other words, keep the basement's walls inside or aligned with ground level walls.​
Lake Vera welcomes every race, as Vorar doesn't distinguish fleshies from one another too well.​
Town Rules:
1. Don't get in RP fights. Vorar will throw you in the lake if you do.
2. Don't grief.
3. Don't steal.
4. Use common sense in your dealings.
5. Don't build on top of the town paths.
Directions:
1. Take the balloon to the Airdocks
2. Take the airship to Witches' Brew
3. Take the boat to Arduin port.
4. Climb into the blue and yellow striped balloon.

Current Members:
- Vorar-Elem Polvur (Baron_Aron)
- Tyrin Valicious (Rygan_Deathblade)
- Drawil Hall (NoaNarwhal)
- Sirel (Michcat) [DECEASED]
- Nwalme Fuvur (BLargtheawesome)
- Einthe (Mairinbaihn)
- Abel (or Thorne) (TheDeester)
- Seph (Drake3321)
- Connor (Herr_Noldus)
- Galenai Barsin Silverian (minersrevenge7)
- Sairen (Apollo6000)
- Klein (Fortunite)
- Trick Eldersen (RedIncarnate)
- Lillian Rolfe (ToasterMcButter)
- Elrohir Ancalime Engem (K9_Diarmuid)
- Damasus22
- Xaliave
- William (MechOp)
- Ethron Dedustario (MR_Elf_corp)
- Dar'ket Patrimaz'ko (WisemanBorgir)
- Annabella (_Shikyo_)
- Quinn Cromwell (gamemonster55)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The first part of the town anyone sees: the Dock.

The dock has a canopy over the Balloon Pier that has lights that turn on and off depending on the time of day. Science!

The Balloon itself. This goes straight to Arduin's port.

A cargo crane, courtesy of Rygan.

The Drunken Magpie. A fishing ferry that actually moves!

The Magpie has a port that brings people into the middle of the lake.

It's great for RP, whether you want to go fishing, swimming, or just be alone with nature.

Leaving the docks, you see two things.

The local guide, selling his wares. The book is updated as new features are added to the town.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
And the Memorial Square, the center of Lake Vera. The square is festively decorated, and the beacon provides regeneration buffs and a jump boost to any within range. And yes, it is a legitimate item.

The Lake Vera infirmary. The entire building is within range of the beacon's regen buff, making for some interesting healing RPs.

Lake Chal, visible from the Infirmary balcony. Lake Chal is the smallest of the three lakes.

The path from the square. This is the first, but hopefully not the only path that will lead into more of the town.

A signpost! How helpful!

The Great Demon enjoying a cookie at the Lake Vera cake party.

The Vera Forge.

A self-contained center for smithing and smithing accessories.

The entrance to the Lake Vera warehouse, decorated and organized by Michcat!

Ain't it a sight to behold?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The new path into a new part of Lake Vera! If Lumos worked, it'd be quite bright!

The spiraling path up into the Canopies, another section of Lake Vera for treehouses and monkey people!

The ground path at the end of the wooden walkway. It's a region open to expansion and shops!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Better reserve a few more of these, seeing as I'm burning through screenshot space here.

Erlewis

Lord of Altera
This is so cool! I have seen very few towns that are so heavy on encouraging RP! Great job, and I cannot wait to visit.

NoaMarwhal

Lord of Altera
Username: NoaNarwhal
Character Name: (Not sure yet, something dwarfish)
Job you want: Smith
How active are you?: On every day.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Username: NoaNarwhal
Character Name: (Not sure yet, something dwarfish)
Job you want: Smith
How active are you?: On every day.
Awesome, accepted!

You'll be able to select anywhere you want to build, as long as it's not too far from the current claimed area.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Well this is pretty great. Already several hours of RP in the town, along with a Dwarven smith and a Sorrow deciding to move in on the first day of the town's thread!

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Username: BLargtheAwesome
Character Name: Nwalme Fuvur the Silvertooth
Job you want: Hrmph. I dunno. Either blacksmith or hunter.
How active are you?: Every single chance I can get online, which is depressingly little.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I should probably mention that you can name any job you want, within reason, and I'll get to building a community structure for you to RP in. We've got the infirmary, the forge, the dock, the post office and the boat so far, along with the beacon and its magicks.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I should update the reserve posts. Loads of new stuff to add. My little town is growing up! Just two days ago every Nakat on the server was in my town at the same time, in a big ole RP.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I should update the reserve posts. Loads of new stuff to add. My little town is growing up! Just two days ago every Nakat on the server was in my town at the same time, in a big ole RP.
Except for Er'danku and J'dar. ^^