Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
How are the new map's hydrostatics?

Will we have another Thill, where the water falls off in waterfalls on both sides of a river?

Do we have any rivers bisecting continents, like the one in the jungle?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

Will we have another Thill, where the water falls off in waterfalls on both sides of a river?

i complained to readij on skype for what felt like hours for this

hopefully it's a little bit better

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good

From our understanding:

- The new map is going to have better hydrostatics than the current map. Nothing is ever perfect, but we're hoping to do our bests. No more Thiil water issues.

- Looking at the map, there are some pretty size able rivers running through the continent.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Naelwyn is asking if there are any rivers literally cutting the continent in half from one end to the other like on our current one.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
No. There are rivers running throughout the land mass, but nothing that splits it entirely in half or anything like that.

All of this will be shown once the map is released through Dynmap.

Apologies for the confusion.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Would the staff consider lowering the price of WE requests for a short period of time after the transition?

I'm sure that the staff team would do everything it can to make sure that each region fits perfectly to its surrendering but there are things within the region that would probably need changing as well. Anything from terraforming mountains which are part of the region to even changing a mass amount of colored clay to match the biome.
I might even want to change a harbor-town to a land town with no river/sea access.

We even have cretin windows that are lined with the sunrise and sunset- having the view blocked by mountains would pretty much ruin it.

I don't expect it to be free but I do predict that I will want to make a lot of changes to make it a perfect fit in the new map and lowering the cost of WE by some would really help out a lot.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Something about cutting out mountains and rivers and that kinda shit feels really wrong and against the spirit of the new map to me, Mryosi.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Something about cutting out mountains and rivers and that kinda shit feels really wrong and against the spirit of the new map to me, Mryosi.
I'm talking about mountains and rivers which are already part of the region which will be copied to the new map

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Unless I'm mistaken, the staff will be editing the regions that are moved to fit the terrain, so players won't have to worry about it as much if there's some terrain that doesn't quite fit. I could be wrong though, but that's the way I'm reading it.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Oooor we don't strain the staff by wanting to WE over entire landmasses and just WE over builds....

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Oooor we don't strain the staff by wanting to WE over entire landmasses and just WE over builds....
The query is about builds that are integrated into the land that surrounds them. Examples : Hound Ru, Legion's place, Thiil

-K9

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
The query is about builds that are integrated into the land that surrounds them. Examples : Hound Ru, Legion's place, Thiil

-K9
Mmmkay, though there's a way to copy a building with little terrain right? Like we aren't going to copy whole terrains because that'd likely end up bad looking, a better looking way is to copy the buildings you really want and place them in certain areas and not drag and drop em.