Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Can you choose to port over certain places or buildings rather than the whole town? Is that more or less strenuous when it comes down to it?

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Terrain dependencies will be considered. It will likely depend on the area chosen to place your region, but it'll be discussed nearer the time.
As long as there are large and open northern seas. :p

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Can you choose to port over certain places or buildings rather than the whole town? Is that more or less strenuous when it comes down to it?
You can - We're working out the details on it all still, but we can work with you on placement. It may help with blending it into the new map's terrain, too.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
So with the WE'ing happening before the new map goes live (from how I'm understanding it-)

When will WEing start? As you guys said, actual move won't happen for some time. But when will the WEing process begin?

Also- Will road placement costs be cheaper, since this map is that much larger?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
When will WEing start? As you guys said, actual move won't happen for some time. But when will the WEing process begin?
We're currently discussing this - There's multiple things to discuss, as the actual process is one of the biggest obstacles. I'll make it a point to later re-address. Sorry for not being able to be more clear at this point in time. :c

Also- Will road placement costs be cheaper, since this map is that much larger?
Thaaat is a good point, it's been added to a checklist of things to go over and consider now. Thanks Niah. :p Will make a note to expand on the answer when we've gone over it.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
We're currently discussing this - There's multiple things to discuss, as the actual process is one of the biggest obstacles. I'll make it a point to later re-address. Sorry for not being able to be more clear at this point in time. :c

Thaaat is a good point, it's been added to a checklist of things to go over and consider now. Thanks Niah. :p Will make a note to expand on the answer when we've gone over it.
I've not really got anything to WE over, or any towns to worry about roads with, but was a thought for folks its relevant for.~

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
If one has two regions or more and wishes to condense into one. Can you move the build from region one and put it in the radius of region two and have region one refunded or will it remain as separate?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Terrain dependencies will be considered. It will likely depend on the area chosen to place your region, but it'll be discussed nearer the time.
Q1:What about connected regions like Lonmar and Hierax in that regard.
We have 2 regions that require Snow (one on islands) and the rest is normal default terrian

Q2:
What I have missed desperately on the last map was the use of the deep sea biome - will we see those anywhere on the map?

Q3: Will the icecaps be as ridiculously huge as they were on the current map?

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
With all regions being refunded anyways, is there any plan to use any of the regions put forth to be destroyed in the campaign?

Tarron

Lord of Altera
A small thing to tag along with Niek's road question. If two region owners simply want a road, can they just build it themselves? Permissions might get difficult, but just curious.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
A small thing to tag along with Niek's road question. If two region owners simply want a road, can they just build it themselves? Permissions might get difficult, but just curious.
I am just making an educated guess, but I'd imagine not. Players themselves don't have the global perms to build roads on unclaimed lands. Unless the regions are touching, then I don't see why you couldn't build your own roads.

Tarron

Lord of Altera
I am just making an educated guess, but I'd imagine not. Players themselves don't have the global perms to build roads on unclaimed lands. Unless the regions are touching, then I don't see why you couldn't build your own roads.
Completely understandable. Just think it's weird to have to pay to get that done when two towns would just do it on their own.

But it's probably an unnecessary hassle, which is totally fine. :)

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Completely understandable. Just think it's weird to have to pay to get that done when two towns would just do it on their own.

But it's probably an unnecessary hassle, which is totally fine. :)
If you wanted to pay the money for all of those plots end on end to do so I suppose you technically could, but it's probably less expensive to just buy the road. I imagine the issue is mostly not wanting people to abuse global permissions.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
The two towns could likely pool the funds together to simulate them doing it themselves, while staff handle the leg work of it all.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
If one has two regions or more and wishes to condense into one. Can you move the build from region one and put it in the radius of region two and have region one refunded or will it remain as separate?
I'll go for a yes - We're still ironing out specifics but it's something we've put down as an option.
Q1:What about connected regions like Lonmar and Hierax in that regard.
We have 2 regions that require Snow (one on islands) and the rest is normal default terrian

Q2:
What I have missed desperately on the last map was the use of the deep sea biome - will we see those anywhere on the map?

Q3: Will the icecaps be as ridiculously huge as they were on the current map?
1 - We'll have to work with you on it, we can do the best we can, and theres a lot of map to use so we should manage something that works for you if that's what you want.
2 - I'm honestly not sure. The sea levels are a little lower on this map, if anything, but I'm not sure how we'd use the deep sea biome really.
3 - No, they won't be.

With all regions being refunded anyways, is there any plan to use any of the regions put forth to be destroyed in the campaign?
I believe the list on region destructions will be used for campaign shenanigans, but I'm sure with the new updates, ie a new map, we can consider adding more. I'll take it to staff and get you a better answer.
I think Niah answered well enough on that one. :p

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
More random questions as they come to me! Less looking for answers and just throwing out things to address in the future. :3

- Will there be another "tutorial island" with beginner quests on the new map, or will the way new players join and integrate themselves be revisited?

- If you WE a build over, are you given a refund and then use those rads to reclaim in the new world? Some people have empty plots, claimed but unplaced plots, etc., on current builds.

- Does this new map have a supply of katanas?

- Will there be easter eggs hidden or placed on the map to give incentive to explore IC?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
This map isn't going to appear to be made of squares when forests are concerned and what not is it? If you look at our current map and zoom into any of the jungle area you can see nice clear cut squares.