Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Xen, the unknown.

matyio

The original mute
Name: Xen
Nickname/Alias: *Has none*
Race: Is a being of magic
Height: about 6ft 3”
Weight: About 36 pounds
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Black
Skin: Light tan
Identifying Marks: Doesn’t really have any other than his eyes
Appearance: Human,Black eyes, dark clothes (E.G. black and grey)
Strengths: Given enough time can regenerate almost all of his body parts, can read minds (though only by accident as he hasn’t learned to control this power), can sense whether someone has tapped into their Glore Vyrden, if he stays in shadows long enough without being spotted can appear to *merge* with them (note this does not work if someone is looking at him when he enters shadow or if they know he is there). Due to being a creature of magic can't feel physical pain (unless it's caused by a magic spell)
Weaknesses and fears: Thinks he is human, isn’t trusting of strangers, dislikes of magic users, fears losing his friends, is embarrassed when he regenerates limbs (he thinks it not normal because he thinks he’s human), core of his being (his heart) is vulnerable to damage (can’t be destroyed by normal weapons but can still knock him out). Feels a strange attachment to endermen so won't kill them unesecairily, isn't a social person and will try not to make friends.
Religion and cults: None
Profession: Pirate, Navigator

So you want to know about me? Well why should I trust you? I mean what would stop you from telling everyone else my life story? Why should I tell you anyway? I’m not an interesting guy, that’s all you need to know. What do you mean you want to know more?!? That’s all I’m telling and you can’t make me say more.

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
How can he think he is human if he lived close to 100 years and appears to be 19?
What kind of anti-age cream is he wearing and where can I get some? :p

matyio

The original mute
How can he think he is human if he lived close to 100 years and appears to be 19?
What kind of anti-age cream is he wearing and where can I get some? :p
It'll be explained, at least in part, in his first bio installment. I'll just say he doesn't know his age because for most of it he wasn't in this part of altera I.E. he was either in the end or nether. And he can't remember most of that. I haven't added the first part of his bio for two reasons, one. I forgot to add certain strengths and weaknesses which I'll add when I remember. Two. I have college work and another different bio to finish up first.

matyio

The original mute
i like how he thinks hes human, im guessing he lost some of his memories of what he was before?
Lost isnt really the righ word. They were actually erased by his creator before he arrived in this realm. He only has 19 years of memory.

matyio

The original mute
The Glore Vyrden is something that the wizards of altera use to cast magic, check it out in the server lore.

Tristitiae

I think I might like it here
Really? :eek:
I guess I missed that bit. 'Cause the Glore Vyrden is also the source of magical power (aka the Talent) used by wetboys - highly skilled killers - to blend in with the shadows and become invisible in the books of the Night Angel Trilogy.

matyio

The original mute
Perhaps that's where they got the name for it from. However,on this server wizards can learn to tap their Glore Vyrden to cast spells. I won't go into detail here, but it is in the server lore.

Tristitiae

I think I might like it here
Yes, I just read up on that bit. It seems to be a lot like the Glore Vyrden from the books. So, maybe they did get the idea from there. Hm, oh well. Not like it really matters. :I

matyio

The original mute
The dark child
So, and I don’t know how this has happened, I have been convinced to write a diary, so I guess if anyone finds this when I’m gone, I better write down what I have remembered thus far, I’ll start from my first memory.
I was young, barely five if I remember correctly, anyway, I was running from... Something, I can’t remember what I was running from anymore, but I was running none the less. I tripped and fell flat on my face, at which point a dark figure picked me up and pointed on my feet, and then ran with me to what he called a portal. However he did not go through. Instead he picked me up and threw me through.
After that, everything went black; I awoke, cold and alone, in the underground city of Barathum. Of course I did not know its name then, all I knew was it was very dark and that I didn’t want to be there. When I was eventually found by its residents, I expected them to kill me. However, they did not do this. Instead, they quizzed me as to how i had gotten in, when I told them, truthfully, that I had no idea how.
It took them a long time, maybe weeks or maybe months to decide that I was basically trust worthy. It was then that they taught me how to sword fight, and also how to properly use a bow. It was like this for several years, I think I was seven by the time they deemed me useful enough to go on raids with them.
It was on said raid that I first discovered my strange ability to re-grow lost limbs. As we were fighting our way through the town to its treasury, I got cut off from the main group. I was then cornered by three, men. Now these obviously were not men of Honour, and so, instead of fighting me in a duel they all attacked at one. Unfortunately for them, I managed to avoid two of their attacks. However, the third attack lopped my arm off. The men, grinning evilly, picked me up and stabbed me right through the heart. As I was blacking out I thought to myself, “Life is so cruel.”
It was five moons later I awoke, all my limbs reattached, wondering whether I was dead. My friends, believing me to be dead, had left me in the town. However a mysterious stranger had apparently taken me back to Ravens nest, and told them not to hold a funeral for me, only to leave me in my house bed.
It was that same day the, then, pirate king Alpha, summoned me. He demanded of me to tell him how I had survived such grievous wounds. Of course I answered truthfully, I didn’t know, and still don’t know, how I managed to survive. It took him several months to trust me again, and even then, I wasn’t allowed on raids. I did, however, become adept at sneaking, and navigation. When Alpha trusted me enough again, instead of sending me on raids, he sent me to spy on towns he was going to raid. This proved to be a far less hazardous occupation than being a raider.
However, in recent days my talents have been called upon less and less, until, just a few days ago, Alpha just simply vanished. With that, the raids stopped, my talents were no longer called upon and I began to doubt myself as a pirate. Well, that’s it for now. I have to go think about things, so I’ll be writing again, sometime.

matyio

The original mute
Just done another read through, and I have sooooo many tense and grammar errors it's untrue, I may have to rewrite the first part...

matyio

The original mute
Decided to utterly re write the part I've done. To be honest I don't like what I've done, I like the idea but not what I've out on paper, don't worry though, I'll keep that story up.