Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Violent] Menacing Pursute {Sunday May 21st}

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lore Staff
Lover
Hero
Staff
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
It was very fun and entertaining. I do hope to get involved with the main events and have my character actually remember what happened~

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Alright, so I will be closing this event chain on either Saturday or Sunday so if any groups want to do a private DM exploration before then please get in contact with me ASAP.

As for when the closing event for this event and the beginning of the primary event chain will happen, I am leaving the day and timing up to those who wish to attend. As I said it will be either Saturday or Sunday and I have listed a few possible times. Click the link below to put in your votes- multiple votes open in case you can make multiple times. Please only vote if you are intending to attend the closing event.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12981753

Also a reminder this final event is classified as VIOLENT. So participation in this event is consent to injury, maiming, dismemberment and death of your character. Also as stated in the OP, in my DM style I use a mix of logic and rolls because I don't want a 10hr long fight scene to clog up the event. There is no cap to how many people can attend and anyone can attend even if they have explored previously, just know the danger.

I'll leave the poll open until Thursday before making the final decision on date and time.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Alright, so I will be closing this event chain on either Saturday or Sunday so if any groups want to do a private DM exploration before then please get in contact with me ASAP.

As for when the closing event for this event and the beginning of the primary event chain will happen, I am leaving the day and timing up to those who wish to attend. As I said it will be either Saturday or Sunday and I have listed a few possible times. Click the link below to put in your votes- multiple votes open in case you can make multiple times. Please only vote if you are intending to attend the closing event.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12981753

Also a reminder this final event is classified as VIOLENT. So participation in this event is consent to injury, maiming, dismemberment and death of your character. Also as stated in the OP, in my DM style I use a mix of logic and rolls because I don't want a 10hr long fight scene to clog up the event. There is no cap to how many people can attend and anyone can attend even if they have explored previously, just know the danger.

I'll leave the poll open until Thursday before making the final decision on date and time.
Bumping this once more as I'll be making he final decision tomorrow. Looks like were leaning more towards sometime Sunday for now.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Alright, so the closing of this 'prologue' will be held on Sunday, March 21st at 3PM EST. As mentioned before all are welcome to attend and it will begin within Queensport before guiding the group out.

Also a reminder this final event is classified as VIOLENT. So participation in this event is consent to injury, maiming, dismemberment and death of your character. Also as stated in the OP, in my DM style I use a mix of logic and rolls because I don't want a 10hr long fight scene to clog up the event.
Also, I want to expand upon this a bit because I do feel like some people might have the wrong impression about what I am inferring here. I just wanna clarify that when I say I use a mix of rolls and logic whilst DMing something, I do tend to focus on logic. If logic can explain the outcome of an action, there is no need for rolls. Such as firing an arrow point blank, there is nowhere for that arrow to go besides its target. Also if a beast is distracted and you swing at it, there is no reason for 'luck' to hit it as it's nearly guaranteed. Mainly I'll use rolls to quickly come to the conclusion of an action in which it is not clear through logic. Like a person and an animal striking at the same time. I'll roll to see who was quicker, or if someone is ready to dodge, we'll roll to see if they were able to quick enough.

Also, there is no possibility that your character will die from getting a single bad roll. I try to give players the option when being injured to flow with it as they like, though there are situations in which death is unavoidable. (Rip Isk) Though still, the event is violent, so if you do intend upon showing up know there is a possibility for injury and death, though most cases of the latter can be avoided. Regardless the danger is still real and attendance of the event is considered consent to violent action.

I don't wanna scare anyone away from the event because they think the use of rolls will kill their character. Most times rolls only effect actions against the animals/beasts/enemies, not the other way around but there will be some cases it will be needed.

Hope to see some of you guys there. If you have any questions post below or send me a PM

Scardrac

Felsummer
This is tomorrow in approximately 16 hours.
I may be just a little late, that's usually when I wake up from sleeping since 7 in the morning. Can't wait to see how this pans out!

I highly encourage this event. Even if you're not a fan of the beastly side of things, there is no doubt a sinister story arc here!

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Obligatory 2 and a half hour bump. Those interested in attending should gather at the Inn at Queensport right off the docks when it is closer to start time. This would all be common knowledge for anyone who wishes to attend but isn't sure how their character would know about it.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
30 minutes. Though to give people time that may be late I'll hold off on leaving for about 30 mins or so though Sebastien will be around in the mean time to brief people about what's going on and where the groups gonna be headed. So hopefully that will give those that are running late time to arrive. Let me know if this time also seems a bit too early for other folks who haven't let me know. If needed I can push back more.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Event is finally over, thank you to all who attended! I didn't expect to have so much interest at the start so thank you. This concludes the prologue to these events so expect some more events and RP to come.

Also special thanks to Elz and Mitch for helping me towards the beginning with the number of emotes and helping to DM the combat. : )

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Also the lore for the beast used in these events has finally been released. For those who have taken trophies from the event can find more information {Here}