Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Violent] Menacing Pursute {Sunday May 21st}

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend

Something sinister lurks within the lands of Kaltstaat, plucking people from their beds in the dead of night and leaving no trace of their presence besides a single foreign symbol left as a reminder of those removed. Whatever or whoever has caused this unease to settle within Queensport and the entirety of Kaltstaat has gone too far.

Sebastien de Courtnay calls to any able-bodied adventurers and mercenaries alike to appear within the city of Queensport within the coming weeks to help discover the source of this evil that plagues the land and expel it through whatever means necessary.

A sum of 5000 radiants will be given to any group that can find any information that will help lead to the discovery and removal of the menace in question. Speak to Sebastien de Courtnay for further questions and concerns.

+*Additional Note Pinned below.*
A group has returned with news of some goat or deer like 'demon' that lurks in the forest. Only the following is known-
-Covered in black fur
-Stands taller than any human
-Moves extremely quickly
-Able to mimic voices
-Has antlers
-And likely sharp teeth and long claws, based on injuries sustained to one of the deceased.

344314d40fb66e81c552b2d87775c592-hand-drawn-spiral-swirling-divider.png
OOC:
This is the precursor to what will eventually be a small series of events or campaign surrounding the area near Queensport. It is something I have worked with Elz and BLarg on. The majority of the larger events will be held once Elz is back from vacation, though in the mean time this mini-'event' will be held to create a foundation for those to come later and get the ball rolling.

There is no set time for this event for it will actually become a bit of a re-occurring event. Numerous Groups can pursue whatever is hidden throughout Kaltstaat whenever they please as long as I am around to DM the adventure. The only requirements are is your group must have 3-6 players. I won't be DMing anybody by themselves and I also don't want to stretch myself too far with a large group until the main events occur. For now though, a majority of the events will be held on the main map, but some areas will lead you into some of the 'mini dungeons' that I will set up if you can manage to find the entrance.

These events are on the lighter scale of violent, there will be danger though but know these are more mini events for you to discover clues that I will hide throughout the area around Queensport and the wilderness of Kaltstaat. Finding these clues and bringing them back to my character will get you and your group the prize money.

If you're interested in trying your hand at the event just fill out the small form and put it on the thread so I know when to be available. I will start holding the private DM exploration events on Wednesday, May 3rd. Just so I have a little time to set the area up and map out the various things for groups to run into and create small mini dungeons as needed. My schedule is M-F - after 5 PM EST, Sat-Sunday - Anytime.

In these events, you are allowed to start wherever you please around Queensport and travel in whatever direction you desire. This is not a guided event, you will have to find your own way. Some ways lead to no clues but no matter what direction you choose, I will try to provide you with a few things to keep things interesting. Also, combat within the events will be mostly determined by rolls, though not for absolutely everything. I won't make you roll if you are guaranteed to hit your target but I may do rolls to check the damage. Be warned. This is for my own sanity as CRP tends to be long and tiresome.

Happy Hunting.

Characters:
(List all the characters and players that will be attending.)
Date & Time: (Self Explanatory)
Summary of Supplies: (I don't need an intense list of every single ounce of water you're bringing, more so, if you're bring anything interesting that could help you in certain situations. Rope, Medicinal Supplies, Potions, Other Tools etc. Weaponry does not have to be included unless you want to.)

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Will put up a poster at QP and SL in a few- Done
Also, I'm no good at titles so if it makes no sense, whoops.

This is also for anyone and everyone. You do not have to have any affiliation with QP/Anhald/Kane to partake in the event. Everyone is welcome.

Closer to the beginning of the main part of the campaign I will hold one public event for anyone who hasn't had a chance to find a group beforehand. This group will be more so guided in a subtle way while also allowing for you to RP as you wish.

Feel free to post below if you are looking for a group as well.

Last edited:

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Official Post because Brit is Skrub
Characters:

Pod @Myself
Jack BoredBrit
Lara Smurf
Albion Paint
Date & Time: TBD w/ DM and Peepz
Summary of Supplies:
- All the Various Camping Supplies for four people, along with Food/Water, enough for four to seven days if rationed well, and fire starting supplies.
- 15x Lockpicks
- 1x Twenty Foot Rope [Single Reel]
- Each Person's Weaponry
- 1x Pack Donkey [Help carrying supplies]
- 1x Armored War Horse [Help carrying supplies]
- Compass + General Map of Kalstaat's Roads and Towns
- Likely other bits and bobs that I'm forgetting to add in.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Shame its all happening in contentious territory.

Southern players dont venture that far north very often.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
As mentioned in the second post, you don't have to have any affiliation with the region or faction/houses to partake in the hunt. This is in hopes of inspiring less politically focused RP in the area. All are welcome and you won't encounter any arguments unless you do something clearly against the law of the land or you are already wanted. We're really not all out to give you a bad time just for trying to RP in the area. But if your character would rather stay away from the land that's their IC reasoning and I won't debate it. But for these events, they will remain up north as they are to try and generate RP there and give players a purpose and something fun to do. : )

Scardrac

Felsummer
An ambitious disciple of Rahas already wanders the streets and royal grounds frequently, with naught but his armor and blade. He has been there for a while, it seems. He is no rare sight to see on the common streets of Queensport.

(You and I are on at the same time. Can format correctly if you want. Currently on my phone. This is my consent to your event but also an offer to anyone who wants to take up jolly cooperation.)

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Characters: Asero (Electric), Edger (Edouard2000), Iskvander (Vincentius), Dray (StarWillow2000)
Date & Time: Saturday evening (The sixth)
Summary of Supplies: Each character has their own sword, dagger, and/or axe, Asero and Edger have crossbows. Some characters have armor, plate or mail. Food, water, and some medical supplies will be brought, as well as journals and writing utensils for recording the trips ICly.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
This is officially open to start. I'll be running events from now till likely mid-late may so you have plenty of time to get into things. As I said in the second post this will end with one final public event for any and all who haven't attended thus far or who want to see the beginning of the main part of this event series. : )

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Characters: Asero (Electric), Edger (Edouard2000), Iskvander (Vincentius), Dray (StarWillow2000)
Date & Time: Saturday evening (The sixth)
Summary of Supplies: Each character has their own sword, dagger, and/or axe, Asero and Edger have crossbows. Some characters have armor, plate or mail. Food, water, and some medical supplies will be brought, as well as journals and writing utensils for recording the trips ICly.
I'll be around most of the day tomorrow, just let me know what time you'll be doing this. Only time I have a restriction is when I'm helping to DM Glados's event at 3:30 to probably 5:30 EST. Can do before or after though.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Characters: (List all the characters and players that will be attending.)

Albion Godfrey ( Paint ), Joseph Valen ( @Me )

Date & Time:
(Self Explanatory)

Whenever

Summary of Supplies:
(I don't need an intense list of every single ounce of water you're bringing, more so, if you're bring anything interesting that could help you in certain situations. Rope, Medicinal Supplies, Potions, Other Tools etc. Weaponry does not have to be included unless you want to.)

Rope, Some various herbs, pestle or settle, Longsword, Longbow, Sulphuric Acid, Lockpicks, around 35 bodkins. Flint 'n Steel. Wire Saw, 15 small metal caltrops.

(Joseph)

Rope, herbs, Seax and Dagger, Longbow, 30 bodkins and 10 spinned bodkins, Lockpicks, Longsword.

(Albion)

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Going to keep this open till about the 20th and do an actual open/public event that Saturday around 3-5 PM EST. Will post something more concrete closer to then. So any groups have till then to try the hunt privately and such. I have rather open availability for the next few days.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
First event fully done and only one death. Also, I have tacked on some new IC information about what might be encountered on the main post.

One week till this is closed to make way for the main set of events.

Last edited: