Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Tribuisti Aestas (Peaceful)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend

Newsreaders hand out posters and holler out the following messages upon said posters. They are across all the lands, wearing the black and purple tunic of their trade.

Spring-Summer Festival

It is Spring and nearing Summer- the icicles and snows of yesteryear have sloughed off the roofs, and the birds sing again!

As we eat the last of the winter produce, we introduce the crops of the sun! Yes, we invite all people- be they citizen or foreigner, male or female, elderly or infantile- to come join the Regent- Theodosius Hostilius Herennius- of the Dominion in celebration of the Spring and Summer times, otherwise known as Tribuisti Aestas. The festival shall be held in Valerius! Food, dancing, and general entertainment will be present for all to enjoy!

For those who are rulers of foreign lands, you may bring guards, but no armor and armaments will be allowed, as it is a sacred time. Violators of this rule will be turned aside at the gates by the lictors. (OOC note: Simply put, bring weapons or armor and you may not attend. The event is strictly peaceful- no fighting or declarations of war. Our guards will be in uniform, but not in armor- they will carry fasces and large staffs to ensure order.)

(The Newsreader stops speaking, bows, and leaves. Those who have the flyers look down at them for more information...)
The following schedule shall be as follows:

1. In the morning; general welcoming ceremony, with the spilling of blossoms and rose-water. Musicians shall be present, playing winter hymns to the Gods and Goddesses, thanking them for an excellent winter. Pears from the winter granaries shall be turned into cider, and laced with summer fruits- raspberries, strawberries and the like. After this, a short speech from the Regent.

2. At noon, servants shall bring food to the tables. A selection of summer dishes shall be served, a menu can be found at the bottom of your flyer! We encourage all foreign dignitaries to dine with the Regent and his family. Seating is in the traditional Asrakosian fashion, meaning all guests eat lying down on couches.

3. Afternoon; a dance and the releasing of the doves! Marriages and proposals should be struck here for good luck, as they say that Sallana herself is at the festival. Please bring a priest of your faith if you know that a marriage is happening. Musicians shall play summer hymns as more food is brought out. A parade of returning legionaries is signaled by a triumphal fanfare.

4. Night; the last of the drinks are consumed, desserts and snacks are served. Musicians shall play calmer songs, as the crickets and nightly animals join in on the serenade. Offerings and libations to the Gods should be given as the guests leave the party. There will be small shrines to each god at the gates. The party will end by midnight.

(OOC Note: This festival will happen next Sunday, most likely at 1PM, CST. This is liable to change. Invitations are not necessary- however- please post an OOC comment here if you're coming. IRP reactions to the crier and poster are welcome as well, obviously.)

Samiwashere Old-Seadog BrownEyedGirl7

Last edited:

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Arianne might show up as well, or another one of my chars possibly.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
The date may change entirely, since I may have some unexpected graduation shopping to do- among other things.

It may just be pushed back an hour. I'm so so sorry if one of these happens. :( I'm definitely going to try and host this Sunday, but life likes to dump garbage on me 24/7.

CatalystGaming

Lord of Altera
The date may change entirely, since I may have some unexpected graduation shopping to do- among other things.

It may just be pushed back an hour. I'm so so sorry if one of these happens. :( I'm definitely going to try and host this Sunday, but life likes to dump garbage on me 24/7.
Don't worry about it!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Right, this is definitely being held by tomorrow- 3-4PM CST (an hour behind EST)

I hope you all can still make it.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
To get to Valerius, go to Mockingbay and find the ship to Astrakhan in the fancy district. Once you are there, there will be a shoddy wooden cart to Valerius. Take it. Go up the stairs to the main citadel and you will see the party area right when you enter.