Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herald Thrones of the New World

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff

A great many messengers are dispatched along the Alteran roads, spreading outwards from just north of coastal cultural capital of the Continent; Stormhall, just north of Storm’s Landing. Each herald carries with them a carefully wrought missive, each sealed with green wax stamps denoting a simple leaf pattern.

Each of these messengers is bound for the major kingdoms of the world. Those heading to more treacherous portions of the world are granted mercenary detachments to shepherd the couriers.

The missive has been painstakingly translated to the dialect or language of the chosen peoples; this includes Common, Lavish/Lavoye, Rede, Elven, Aorian, Horgaahn, Fae, Marjash, and Mok'yra. Though each is customized to the recipients title and heraldry, the meat of each reads as such;

Each year brings yet another strive we must endure, another folly or hubris that must be checked, or a foreign outsider that needs repelling. All of us fight, in our own way, to maintain Altera. Even those of us who fight each other for honor, land, wealth, or out of atavistic desire for combat; we each and all know to coalesce against those who mean this realm harm. We all know what is at stake, that interior conflicts can be resolved once the external threat is extinguished.

There is an anecdote that perfectly exemplifies this.

‘I fight my brothers, but my brothers and I fight our cousins. My family together fight those who threaten any of us.’

It is with a heavy heart that I must convey that our kinsfolk were slain. Good men and women, traders and militia alike, were slain by an attack on the Ashlands Rift. No mortal was left alive, the fort is ravaged and sacked. This was done under an unfamiliar banner, likely a new Archfiend that seeks to expand their wretched dominion.

I send this call now for brothers and cousins to rally and take up arms. We lost our old home to invaders, wretches from beyond, let us not feel defeats' bitter sting once more. To this end, I am calling for a reformation of the Riftguard. The old guard was a hold over from days before we were at an active war with demons, when only a stray fiend was the worry.

Send forth what supplies you can, but manpower is paramount. I entrust each of you to send what you can, but I implore you to not deplete yourselves. To ease the resolve of these brave defenders I suggest a sifting roster. Allow those beleaguered defenders time back in their homelands so a new blade may take his place on the walls. This will provide your people with invaluable experience in fighting the demonic

Duty Unto Death
Walk in Wisdom,

Jaden Seeker of the Rangers
Somnastra of the Rangers

Notable Recipients:
-Podric Flanders of Haven and Thorne ( Luam )
-Kaiserine Katherine Kane of Kalstaat ( Elz )
-Sygyt Kristoff Dwain Stoneshield of Frostpeak ( BoredBrit )
-The Hasidic Council ( Snowymaximus )
-Lady Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek of Linlea, Exalted of The Grey Lady ( Solus )
-Queen Amelie Rose Altham of Eldpoint ( Reedie )
-Basileos Theodosius Herennius of Asrakos ( Blorbis83 )

The OOC:

Hello, Brad here. This is a small something to help with world building. I thought it would be a neat opportunity to let players on this server with “political” or economic power to flex their muscles a little bit. That being said, I’d like to clarify a few things. I am not 100% in tune with the servers political atmosphere, so I clearly will not know every single major power. There might be some that I completely blank on - this is okay. If you feel your nation-state is beefy enough to be known just let me know over Discord and we can discuss it.

As for the “sent manpower”, my personal preference is that it is done within reason. If your character has a small farming hamlet and says they send 30 armed soldiers…. I’ll be mildly grumpy. Don’t go hog wild.

Elz

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Just giving this a bump before it is consigned to the depths of the forums.
Astrakhan is currently wrapped up in a war/skirmish with Branko that may or may not happen. If it turns out to be a skirmish then Theo might send a couple guys :)