Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Ronin

xBrutalBenx

Villager
Name: Saito Yukimura
Nickname/Alias: The Many Bladed Blossom, the Wanderer.

Race: Human
Height: 6 foot 6 inches
Weight: 13 stone
Hair: Black, very short.
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Pale white
Identifying Marks: Some light scarring to the face.
Appearance: Always clad in his armour unless sleeping, when he wears his robes. Broad shoulders, large hands and feet. Long arms. Scars along his arms and some on his face.
Strengths: Skilled swordsman and archer. Bravery in the face of certain of death.
Weaknesses and fears: "The Way of the Warrior is to die." Saito does not fear death, this is both a strength and a weakness. His lack of fear results in reckless charges and brave stands even against superior foes. However, he does get sea sick.
Religion and cults: Saito pays respect to no gods. He pays respect to his ancestors, and meditates regularly.
Profession: Student of Oda Takamori, now a ronin following his death.

Backstory.
Far to the east of Altera was a small kingdom of it's own - Nippon. A very secluded and sheltered chain of islands, it had little contact with the Crown other than the occasional return of a lost sailor. Even then, the Nipponese ships would refuse to dock, and would send the sailor back on a raft. But it did not require a close up view to see the ships were armed and ready in the event of hostilities. It was for this reason that the two civilisations left one another alone, neither wanted an armed conflict.
Those who returned to the Crown told tales of great warriors glad ornate armours, fanatically devoted to their lords. They told tales of a code of honour practised by those who would serve in the Nipponese army, of their fearlessness in battle and of ritual suicide in the event of shame. Saito was one of these warriors.
But the kingdom of Nippon is no more. Their entire civilisation has been wiped from the land. It is said that black magic sunk the islands, and the sea swallowed them. Others say the gods themselves annihilated them , for the Nipponese did not worship any gods. All that is certain is that they are gone. However, there is word of a remnant of the culture. A warrior that travels across Altera seeking revenge. Mothers use this tale to scare their children... "If you do not get to sleep, the Wanderer will find you." But this warrior is more than just a story.

Bound by an oath, Saito will find the one responsible for the fall of Nippon and the death of his Master; because to a samurai, loyalty and honour is above all.

Feedback please, I understand many of you may be uncomfortable with my character in a medieval European-ish setting... If so, please voice your opinion and I will gladly make another character instead.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
this is fine by me ;) i love the name! by the way, Im a mage, and no sword fighter, but im handy when it comes to magick im an ace ;) (roleplaying it that is) Although i may be a mage, im a mature and respectful face, so i easily accept other peoples ways....cept' if they're power hungry, that just annoys me. anyway..im getting off topic here....
*stamps* Approved! Keep writing!