Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Gift of Giving - CLOSED!

ZeAfroGentleman

Lord of Altera
Hero
ZeAfroGentleman
ZeAfroGentleman
Hero
During his travels to Storm's Landing the Huntsman slowly stopped to glance at the box, his scarred eyebrow perked just slightly as he slowly approached it. With his arms recently healed he hummed for a moment, reading the inscription, before he opens his notebook and tears a page out after writing down his wish for the days to come, given that the festive holidays were nearing.

"I wish for nothing more than to be given a friend. Someone who I truly can rely on. Someone that will stand by me during these colder times and days. Someone who will envelop me in the warmth of kinship and love. And if not that, then at the very least a student. Someone who I can teach the ways of the Hunt. Someone who I can imprint my knowledge in terms of my faith on. And may whoever reads this, and whoever made this box, may you too have someone to keep you warm in these colder times." -Rook Corvus.

Citrine

Lord of Altera
Very Sweet
Legend
Big Voter
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Zitrine
Zitrine
Sweetheart
Late at night, a cloaked figure approaches the box. He gives it a curious glance and shrugs, ripping apart a piece of paper from a journal he carries.

"I wish for a ring identical to the one on my finger to give to my beloved, Peter Eljin. He once lost it, and it's been a great pain thinking about it. If possible... I'd love for him to feel the love I have for him whenever he has the ring on him. To remind him of my endless and neverdying love for him. I miss him." - Kazu Rozios

Edit: The ring in question:

A silver engagement ring with two rubies and one emerald gemstone etched onto it.

Last edited:

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
Observing the swarm of individuals flock about the peculiar box, the Southern Queen sat on a lonesome outside chair, reclined against the back with her gaze peering rigorously to the constant array of wishes. A turquoise feathered fan spread toward her jaw, slowly pushing cool whiffs of sea air as she fanned herself, occasionally drawing some contents from her choice of beverage idled on her table. She remained like this well into the early night, enjoying the ribbons of dusk settle to dark shades of night, quietly searching face after face.

Strangers were all she saw, and her ears tilt downward to vaguely mirror her disappointment and after long consideration, her hand reach for a small piece of parchment from her satchel and wrote with a piece of charcoal. Rising, her hushed steps carried her to the silver box in the time she saw it alone, closing her fan within her palm, and with a pristine fold, she presents it to the box, quoting;

"Familiar faces grow thin each day, whereas my dearest of friends and loved ones often travel or stay to the furthest corners of the world or beyond, I mostly remain on my throne. I wish for a way to communicate with them, for simple conversation when they are far and letter cannot reach them. Whether it be a few or one word, so long as I hear their voices. Thank you. - Sugar Silveira"

After placing the fold, she begins to slowly backtrack, her lips pursed in a thin line before turning to retreat to the tavern.

Celestea

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Celestea
Celestea
Mystic
A very pregnant Florence overwhelmed with the sheer amount of people seemingly partying and drinking in the tavern without her, briskly makes her way in, curiously. In realizing the true situation, she smiles to friends and strangers, slipping into a seat as everyone floats by in wishing, her brain only filled with emptiness from a seemingly blessed life. After the crowd died down some she'd make her way in line, praying as she sat in the line.

"I wish for an item that may bring my baby girl joy for the rest of her life, one that might let her know my own Mother, Sallana is watching over her with care."

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
A box. A box? Clearly magical. Nothing states supreme magical benevolence like a box of silver upon a pedestal. Even as a scholar, Lana accepted there were simply some things in Altera that she cannot explain-- things which defy all reasoning, events that exist solely for the entertainment or gifting of a higher being. Having grown up in Storm's Landing, Lana could only question why the silver box has never been here before. Regardless, she sat and watched people interact with the object and how it reacted to their requests, be them selfish or loving. With a hand upon her chin, she hummed in thought-- creating a few theories in her mind to explain the complex existence of an indestructible, unscratchable and waterproof metal... box.
Like all theories, one must test the restraints of reality in order to clarify if the guess was feasible. As such... she approached the container... with her own wish.

"I wish to be married to the man I gave up everything for. -Lana."

And now.... to wait~
What would the box do? Give upon Linden a spell of Cogni or Anima desire? Gift material possession, rings to achieve the means? The unknown excited her. It often did.

Arcana

Daedric Prince
Pronouns
She/Her
The heel of her boots clipped against the stone as she leisurely strolled down the streets of the Landing. Her intrigued violet gaze was set upon the small crowd of hopeful folk, as well as the silver box that had perched upon a pedestal. When most had dispersed, Lilith’s lips curled into a modest smirk, taking the opportunity to wish even should it not come true.

“I wish for an charm of sorts. Be it a pendant, or a ring. Something that will suppress and numb the thousand voices from the Planar Infinity that have plagued my ears. You have my gratitude. - Lilith.”

Last edited:

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
On his return home from the far North, Raigo chances upon the box. He muses over what he might wish for that he doesn't already have, and eventually comes up with an idea. After sketching and jotting on the paper, he murmurs.
"It would make for a lovely pet, don't you think?"
latest.png
No bigger than my hand. For myself.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Milah, ever the curious one, quickly descends upon The Box once the opportunity arises. With a smile and a quick scribble, her wish gets put into the box.
"This Gift is for my husband, Agnar Sicarus-Freyr. I wish for us to be together even when either of us are out on the seas. Could you put a constellation into the sky, to signify our eternal love?" Regardless of whether the Wish is accepted or not, she gives The Box a pat. "Thank you, Box of Giving. I will continue this and give more to others."

[EDIT: I just want to say I have become emotionally invested in this box and I will not permit anyone to harm it.]

Last edited:

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
Aislin happens upon the box, and takes a solid moment to just stare at it, before writing down her wish in careful lettering. "This is for my girlfriend, Maple. She's made to live shorter than her dad or I. Can you give her something small, that can help her live longer? I just don't want her to grow old while I stay young." She sat down by the box, putting in the parchment, and stays for a while, thinking.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Citrine, on one of her trips to the docks for business would amble near the box. Hesitant at first, she would knot her fingers together. She glances left and right, a moment of consideration crossing her expression as she reads over her slip of parchment. Then, a small smile pulls on her lips and she strides closer, slipping the parchment into the box.

“I wish the birds were still drawn to me as they once were. I miss their company” - Citrine G. Azerwind
+ The tweet of a bird sounds, and the parchment accepted. +

Avalyn's attention is drawn to the silver box as she and her temporary nursemaid walk the streets of Storm's. Taking the time to read the sign, the eight-year-old redhead thinks to herself, and a wide smile soon tugs on her features. With handwriting as neat as her excited hands can manage, she scrawls her note and slips it into the box.

"I wish for something that would make me able to walk on the water of the sea." - Avalyn McKerras
+ A hum, and then the parchment is accepted. +

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
During his travels to Storm's Landing the Huntsman slowly stopped to glance at the box, his scarred eyebrow perked just slightly as he slowly approached it. With his arms recently healed he hummed for a moment, reading the inscription, before he opens his notebook and tears a page out after writing down his wish for the days to come, given that the festive holidays were nearing.

"I wish for nothing more than to be given a friend. Someone who I truly can rely on. Someone that will stand by me during these colder times and days. Someone who will envelop me in the warmth of kinship and love. And if not that, then at the very least a student. Someone who I can teach the ways of the Hunt. Someone who I can imprint my knowledge in terms of my faith on. And may whoever reads this, and whoever made this box, may you too have someone to keep you warm in these colder times." -Rook Corvus.
+ A resonating hmm of 'maybe', and the parchment is accepted. +

Late at night, a cloaked figure approaches the box. He gives it a curious glance and shrugs, ripping apart a piece of paper from a journal he carries.

"I wish for a ring identical to the one on my finger to give to my beloved, Peter Eljin. He once lost it, and it's been a great pain thinking about it. If possible... I'd love for him to feel the love I have for him whenever he has the ring on him. To remind him of my endless and neverdying love for him. I miss him." - Kazu Rozios
+ An 'aww', and the parchment is accepted. +
[ Please add a link/description of the ring to your post for referencing later. ]

Observing the swarm of individuals flock about the peculiar box, the Southern Queen sat on a lonesome outside chair, reclined against the back with her gaze peering rigorously to the constant array of wishes. A turquoise feathered fan spread toward her jaw, slowly pushing cool whiffs of sea air as she fanned herself, occasionally drawing some contents from her choice of beverage idled on her table. She remained like this well into the early night, enjoying the ribbons of dusk settle to dark shades of night, quietly searching face after face.

Strangers were all she saw, and her ears tilt downward to vaguely mirror her disappointment and after long consideration, her hand reach for a small piece of parchment from her satchel and wrote with a piece of charcoal. Rising, her hushed steps carried her to the silver box in the time she saw it alone, closing her fan within her palm, and with a pristine fold, she presents it to the box, quoting;

"Familiar faces grow thin each day, whereas my dearest of friends and loved ones often travel or stay to the furthest corners of the world or beyond, I mostly remain on my throne. I wish for a way to communicate with them, for simple conversation when they are far and letter cannot reach them. Whether it be a few or one word, so long as I hear their voices. Thank you. - Sugar Silveira"

After placing the fold, she begins to slowly backtrack, her lips pursed in a thin line before turning to retreat to the tavern.
+ A light impression of a kiss upon her temple, and the parchment is accepted. +

A very pregnant Florence overwhelmed with the sheer amount of people seemingly partying and drinking in the tavern without her, briskly makes her way in, curiously. In realizing the true situation, she smiles to friends and strangers, slipping into a seat as everyone floats by in wishing, her brain only filled with emptiness from a seemingly blessed life. After the crowd died down some she'd make her way in line, praying as she sat in the line.

"I wish for an item that may bring my baby girl joy for the rest of her life, one that might let her know my own Mother, Sallana is watching over her with care."
+ A hmm. Acceptance. +

A box. A box? Clearly magical. Nothing states supreme magical benevolence like a box of silver upon a pedestal. Even as a scholar, Lana accepted there were simply some things in Altera that she cannot explain-- things which defy all reasoning, events that exist solely for the entertainment or gifting of a higher being. Having grown up in Storm's Landing, Lana could only question why the silver box has never been here before. Regardless, she sat and watched people interact with the object and how it reacted to their requests, be them selfish or loving. With a hand upon her chin, she hummed in thought-- creating a few theories in her mind to explain the complex existence of an indestructible, unscratchable and waterproof metal... box.
Like all theories, one must test the restraints of reality in order to clarify if the guess was feasible. As such... she approached the container... with her own wish.

"I wish to be married to the man I gave up everything for. -Lana."

And now.... to wait~
What would the box do? Give upon Linden a spell of Cogni or Anima desire? Gift material possession, rings to achieve the means? The unknown excited her. It often did.
+ A smooching sound, and the parchment is accepted. +

The heel of her boots clipped against the stone as she leisurely strolled down the streets of the Landing. Her intrigued violet gaze was set upon the small crowd of hopeful folk, as well as the silver box that had perched upon a pedestal. When most had dispersed, Lilith’s lips curled into a modest smirk, taking the opportunity to wish even should it not come true.

“I wish for an charm of sorts. Be it a pendant, or a ring. Something that will suppress and numb the thousand voices from the Planar Infinity that have plagued my ears. You have my gratitude. - Lilith.”
+ She is granted a sense of comfort and quiet for the rest of the night, the parchment accepted. +

On his return home from the far North, Raigo chances upon the box. He muses over what he might wish for that he doesn't already have, and eventually comes up with an idea. After sketching and jotting on the paper, he murmurs.
"It would make for a lovely pet, don't you think?"
+ There is the sound of a sad trumpet, and the request denied. A '?' forms in the air briefly before dispersing. +

Milah, ever the curious one, quickly descends upon The Box once the opportunity arises. With a smile and a quick scribble, her wish gets put into the box.
"This Gift is for my husband, Agnar Sicarus-Freyr. I wish for us to be together even when either of us are out on the seas. Could you put a constellation into the sky, to signify our eternal love?" Regardless of whether the Wish is accepted or not, she gives The Box a pat. "Thank you, Box of Giving. I will continue this and give more to others."
+ A humming of uncertainty, and the parchment is accepted... Spat out, then accepted again. +

Aislin happens upon the box, and takes a solid moment to just stare at it, before writing down her wish in careful lettering. "This is for my girlfriend, Maple. She's made to live shorter than her dad or I. Can you give her something small, that can help her live longer? I just don't want her to grow old while I stay young." She sat down by the box, putting in the parchment, and stays for a while, thinking.
+ A sad sigh, and the parchment is accepted. +

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Edger approached the box that had drawn the attention of many, once he got to the box he gave it a look over wondering if anything stood out about it. He placed a hand on his hip as it appeared to be a simple looking box. With a shrug and seeing as their shouldn't be any harm done in trying out the box. Fingers crossed that this would work.

"I wish for the recipe on how to create Korog's Urusgilimthatur."

He gave the box a slight pat and nodded his head in thanks towards it.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Edger approached the box that had drawn the attention of many, once he got to the box he gave it a look over wondering if anything stood out about it. He placed a hand on his hip as it appeared to be a simple looking box. With a shrug and seeing as their shouldn't be any harm done in trying out the box. Fingers crossed that this would work.

"I wish for the recipe on how to create Korog's Urusgilimthatur."

He gave the box a slight pat and nodded his head in thanks towards it.
+ Sad trumpet. Wish denied. +

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
*Even Bliss is not one to miss out on the hustle and bustle of Storm's Landing for long. What timing it is, spotting the curious box as easily as the people it has drawn to it. Not one to refrain from mingling with the unknown, for better or worse, she soon finds herself among the rest, interested enough to see what this box' nature is, not to mention what it may be capable of. Surely enough, she offers her own letter as soon as its written, even attaching a piece of candy to it.*

"Heya, Curious Silver Box of Mysteries and whomever may be related. Sorry if this wish may be a bit odd. Magical stuff can be a risky business to mingle with, that much I know and live with. A calculated risk, one could say.
Still, the risks will always be of concern to my family, my loved ones. Now I'm not going to just wildly ask for all those risks gone, that's just part of this kind of life, but there is at least something on particular that you may be able to help with.
If it's within what you would deem agreeable, I would like to wish for this: Something or some means to ensure that the ignition of a Hearthstone succeeds without failing or its usual harmful or sometimes lethal risks. Heck, that's might be a big ask, but I'm sure even for a single success it'd make plenty relieved if I find myself in need of such fortune.
If that might still be a no-no, maybe, just maybe, would having a particular gemstone or hearthstone that can be safely ignited without risk still be within the realm of possibility, or at least acceptance?
I know, I know, a big wish no matter what, but that is why it is only a wish, not a blind hope or an impolite demand. In the meantime, have this piece of candy! I imagine with all this potential giving, being given something back is nice as well~"
~Bliss Bluestone.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
*Even Bliss is not one to miss out on the hustle and bustle of Storm's Landing for long. What timing it is, spotting the curious box as easily as the people it has drawn to it. Not one to refrain from mingling with the unknown, for better or worse, she soon finds herself among the rest, interested enough to see what this box' nature is, not to mention what it may be capable of. Surely enough, she offers her own letter as soon as its written, even attaching a piece of candy to it.*

"Heya, Curious Silver Box of Mysteries and whomever may be related. Sorry if this wish may be a bit odd. Magical stuff can be a risky business to mingle with, that much I know and live with. A calculated risk, one could say.
Still, the risks will always be of concern to my family, my loved ones. Now I'm not going to just wildly ask for all those risks gone, that's just part of this kind of life, but there is at least something on particular that you may be able to help with.
If it's within what you would deem agreeable, I would like to wish for this: Something or some means to ensure that the ignition of a Hearthstone succeeds without failing or its usual harmful or sometimes lethal risks. Heck, that's might be a big ask, but I'm sure even for a single success it'd make plenty relieved if I find myself in need of such fortune.
If that might still be a no-no, maybe, just maybe, would having a particular gemstone or hearthstone that can be safely ignited without risk still be within the realm of possibility, or at least acceptance?
I know, I know, a big wish no matter what, but that is why it is only a wish, not a blind hope or an impolite demand. In the meantime, have this piece of candy! I imagine with all this potential giving, being given something back is nice as well~"
~Bliss Bluestone.
+ The candy and parchment are accepted, only for the parchment to be spat back out without the sugary treat. It seems to be a 'no'. +

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
*With a slight tap against her chin, Bliss isn't too surprised at the rejection of the letter.. but the acceptance of the candy's a good thing~
Still, perhaps she just has to wish for something more straightforward that directly benefits her family, not related to her own magical shenanigans.
After a moment of scribbling on a new paper and getting rid of the spat out wish, she offer a new, shorter wish to the box. This time with a piece of caramel.*

"Heya again, Mysterious Box of Silverness. Hope you liked the candy, not quite sure what your favorite kind would be~
If you permit it, just a straightforward wish this time: I wish for something that can ward against the heat and cold in places like the desert we live in and places like the far north when travels take us there. Maybe in the form of a cloak or something portable that can be shared with my family whenever one of us needs it for their travels~"
~Bliss Bluestone.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Pod approached the box, slipping a piece of parchment into the box.
"I wish for an eyepatch that functions as a regular eye would, so my nephew is not able to get stabbed in the eye a second time." Mathieu de Courtnay

Omen13

IRL Visage Worshipper
Izzinid approached the box, though skeptic of such things, a brief contemplation ensuing.

“My wish is for a companion. No bigger than my hand, resilient, and perhaps of reptilian origin. The company would be quite nice.”

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
*With a slight tap against her chin, Bliss isn't too surprised at the rejection of the letter.. but the acceptance of the candy's a good thing~
Still, perhaps she just has to wish for something more straightforward that directly benefits her family, not related to her own magical shenanigans.
After a moment of scribbling on a new paper and getting rid of the spat out wish, she offer a new, shorter wish to the box. This time with a piece of caramel.*

"Heya again, Mysterious Box of Silverness. Hope you liked the candy, not quite sure what your favorite kind would be~
If you permit it, just a straightforward wish this time: I wish for something that can ward against the heat and cold in places like the desert we live in and places like the far north when travels take us there. Maybe in the form of a cloak or something portable that can be shared with my family whenever one of us needs it for their travels~"
~Bliss Bluestone.
+ Candy is accepted, as is the parchment. Then the candy is spat out instead. +

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Pod approached the box, slipping a piece of parchment into the box.
"I wish for an eyepatch that functions as a regular eye would, so my nephew is not able to get stabbed in the eye a second time." Mathieu de Courtnay
+ A hum of consideration, a solid 'maybe'. The parchment is accepted. +

Izzinid approached the box, though skeptic of such things, a brief contemplation ensuing.

“My wish is for a companion. No bigger than my hand, resilient, and perhaps of reptilian origin. The company would be quite nice.”
+ A soft cooing 'aw' sounds, before the parchment quite literally slithers into the box. +