Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Evacuation of Astrum Isles

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hey folks,

Astrum Isles has been on the docket for region destruction for 2 years and there hasn't been any claims or requests to pluck it up, but I've been interested in buying the area to help players that do want to own it to run it. The destruction is undergoing and the chests have been removed. We had thought most folk evacuated the place. However, we may be able to revert the chests if individiuals can post here or make an IGT ticket and the IGT team will try and get your items back.

Thank you for your patience.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Addendum, I personally would be delighted to save this region as it has many pleasant memories for me. If there's a way, let me know.

Cho

Legend of Altera
Mystic
ChosenOne101
ChosenOne101
Mystic
I would like to also agree with saving it, if there's a way. I wasn't around for it, but apparently a lot of others were. (I didn't even know there was a region there)

Mara

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
The_Reaper_Angel
The_Reaper_Angel
Legend
I agree the region is amazing and I think it should stay I will uptake it/help if others needed it for the region to stay.

Celestea

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Celestea
Celestea
Mystic
I agree the region is amazing and I think it should stay I will uptake it/help if others needed it for the region to stay.
Lots of people over the years have wanted/offered to upkeep/run it btwn oocly and icly, but its always been a matter of icanra wanting to wait until he's not busy with university/not wanting to hand it over, so it does suck to see it be gone so fast.

For example, this was between me and him after I inquired what was up with it/if he would ever possibly sell it/co-own because I personally, alongside others (like galaxy who it would make sense for icly) wanted to continue stories, rp, and incomplete builds in the area.

1690678029826.png

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Lots of people over the years have wanted/offered to upkeep/run it btwn oocly and icly, but its always been a matter of icanra wanting to wait until he's not busy with university/not wanting to hand it over, so it does suck to see it be gone so fast.

For example, this was between me and him after I inquired what was up with it/if he would ever possibly sell it/co-own because I personally, alongside others (like galaxy who it would make sense for icly) wanted to continue stories, rp, and incomplete builds in the area.

View attachment 137732
I'm sorry, but he's been gone for two years and hasn't even shown up on the forums or the server once since this. If it is on the chopping block for destruction then I'd argue he forfeits his ability to say what he wants with it. If he cared about the region as much as he claims he'd have shown up sooner rather than later.

JustTheEngineer

Country roads, take me home
Evil
Legend
Retired Staff
JustTheEngineer
JustTheEngineer
Evil
I'm in agreement with the general consensus, but I will play devil's advocate briefly to mention that the castle and bridge were found by kaiser_harding on I believe PMC several years ago and predated the existence of astrum entirely.

Celestea

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Celestea
Celestea
Mystic
I'm sorry, but he's been gone for two years and hasn't even shown up on the forums or the server once since this. If it is on the chopping block for destruction then I'd argue he forfeits his ability to say what he wants with it. If he cared about the region as much as he claims he'd have shown up sooner rather than later.
I agree, my point was more that there are certainly lots of people interested in continuing Astrum and want to bring activity to it, but due to him not budging with selling or transferring/making plans for the region to allow activity since he has vanished, nothing has been able to happen.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
It honestly just seems like nobody wants to see this build go, so would it be possible to have the world editing undone and just pass it off to someone who'll run it? This is a region with big history and a language. Just seems like an objective loss for the server.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
As I mentioned in my post, my intention was to keep the region running as best as possible with as many builds intact after it did get ruined from destructions as no one was able to claim in the last 2 years. That is still my intention, for the players that are part of the region. I hope people do understand that. I'll be talking to IGT team about people who had builds here and being able to restore them in some manner.

Please do make a discord IGT ticket if you're directly involved and have builds and chests here.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Except all the housings and rp hubs have destroyed alongside the assortment of mats and items in storage being removed. I don't understand why this was done this way, how are people meant to explain like, an entire civilized dissappearing?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Except all the housings and rp hubs have destroyed alongside the assortment of mats and items in storage being removed. I don't understand why this was done this way, how are people meant to explain like, an entire civilized dissappearing?
I'm sure there would have been an explanation to be worked on. Right now, my priority is getting people their builds and chests back and I'd like to keep that a focus for this thread and get that message for the people involved with the region.