Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Drinks of Altera

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
The diversity of drinks in Altera is unrivaled. From the healing tree-sap of a dryad to the cold alcohols of Valkyrian Spirits, drinks in Altera serve many purposes. This is a list of all the commonly known drinks that on my travels around Altera I have encountered. (Most of these I have made up on the spot,feel free to make suggestions)

Altera's Blood
Although it has a menacing name Altera's blood is in fact a type of wine. Called Altera's Blood because of it's commonness and it's dark red color this drink is commonly found in almost all inns and sometimes served at royal tables.

Alteran Ale
Another of the land's commonest drinks this is a watery and weak ale normally drank by those just breaking into the variety of the land's beverages. It looks like other ales except for it's slightly lighter color.

Black Mountain Ale
Black Mountain Ale derives from the Dwarven Ancients and was first brewed in The Stronghold of The Black Mountain. THis beverage consists of a Sinster, Midnight Black color and is rather potent. Tankards of this are rather rare and expensive and mostly found in the Collections of Kings and Queens as only friends of The Clan Of Black Mountain are allowed to know and create the recipe.

Blue Sea
This is a mix of water, gin and blue dye. it is commonly drunk by those who feel an affinity to water such as nymphs and mer-people.

Dwarven Ale
Although there are many varieties of this drink it can be summed up in one word; potent. Dwarven ale was made by dwarves for dwarves and it can severely incapacitate anyone who isnt used to it.

Valkyrian Spirits
Valkyrian spirits are made in the far north and a so strong that even dwarves dilute them before drinking. They are normally diluted with snow as this apparently gives it a better flavor.

Melon Ale
Brewed in the seas of the very North by humans not dwarves, it is pretty strong for an ale but no where near as strong as dwarven one, this ale is often given in melon slices from which you were supposed to sip the ale out of before starting eating.

IkbenAle
Brewed in honor of Ikbenlars, the IkbenAle (My Name is Ale) is increadibly strong and one sip will make you drunk.
Its brewed from pieces of Lars's beard mixed with his toenails. It tastes awesome and is drunk from a Really Big Mug.

Diamond Sparkle
Only for those of expensive taste and sizable purse, this cocktail is is made with carbonated gin, spring water, and mint. It is cooled with a chilled diamond at the bottom of the glass. Naturally, the price of this drink varies with the price of diamonds. Poor folk who desire the flavor but not the price often cut rock candy or glass into a diamond shape as a substitute. Shrewd (or shady) bartenders may use this to turn hefty profits; they may sell the drinks at full price without shelling out for real diamonds. Most wouldn't be able to see the difference, but dwarves (who are adept gem cutters) can, making the bartenders scramble to give them real gems, lest they compromise their customers' trust and their profits.

Elven Mead
A sweet warming drink brewed in elven forests with wild berries and in some regions, liquorice root or cinnamon. The drink varies according to the brewers choice of berries and other ingredients, but this drink is never alcoholic - much to the dismay of the dwarves! It is often stored in wooden caskets, and drunk from a wineskin, pitcher, or goblet according to the occasion. The mead is deep crimson in colour.

Blaze on the Warts
A strong concoction said to have been created in the nether, it consists of crushed blaze rods, nether wart, and soul sand mixed to form a red liquid that contains many small objects unknown to the drinker. It is almost as strong as Valkyrian Spirits, it is commonly used for drinking games, and is know to be deadly. Because of it's mortality rate, it is illegal in most pubs. But in others, you can probably find a keg or two in the basement.

Shipwreck Rum
A fine drink for the finest pirates, stolen molasses, yeast is mixed with water and on occasion sugar canes in a small leather flask, where it will be left to age for a year. Mainly found in pirate cities, Shipwreck Rum is exported to almost every coastal town and city.

Black Sheep Bitter
One of the Dwarves' favorite ale. Sold in few pubs, this is a fine ale. First brewed by the Stoneborn, the ale is now brewed within many fortresses. It's name came from that it was commonly drunk either with or after a meal of black mountain sheep from the mountains, a traditional meal for some. Tanks of these are extremely expensive, and pints are only for the rich.

Snowfall's Chill
Created from a mixture of mint, cream and snow from Mt. Snowfall, this drink will make you shiver no matter how warm you are beforehand. A minted taste with a smooth sensation, this drink also gives you increased awareness, smell and hearing, although the connection between Valkyria's wolves and Snowfall's Chill has not yet been proven, many speculate these changes are related to wolves heightened senses.

Water
A non-alcoholic drink. It is colorless, scentless and tasteless. Although usually found in streams there are also lake, ocean and rain varieties. Although the cheapest drink to be found, one cannot get drunk by drinking it so please consider the other options.

Nectar
Found within flowers, this drink is a favorite of dryads due to its sticky consistency and sweet flavor. Finding enough of this to live on is very difficult so stick to more readily available drinks such as water.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Suggestion:
Black Mountain Ale
Black Mountain Ale derives from the Dwarven Ancients and was first brewed in The Stronghold of The Black Mountain. THis beverage consists of a Sinster, Midnight Black color and is rather potent. Tankards of this are rather rare and expensive and mostly found in the Collections of Kings and Queens as only friends of The Clan Of Black Mountain are allowed to know and create the recipe.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Suggestion:
Melon Ale

Brewed in the seas of the very North by humans not dwarves, it is pretty strong for an ale but no where near as strong as dwarven one, this ale is often given in melon slices from which you were supposed to sip the ale out of before starting eating.

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
Suggestion:
IkbenAle
Brewed in honor of Ikbenlars, the IkbenAle (My Name is Ale) is increadibly strong and one sip will make you drunk.
Its brewed from pieces of Lars's beard mixed with his toenails. It tastes awesome and is drunk from a Really Big Mug.

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
Diamond Sparkle
Only for those of expensive taste and sizable purse, this cocktail is is made with carbonated gin, spring water, and mint. It is cooled with a chilled diamond at the bottom of the glass. Naturally, the price of this drink varies with the price of diamonds. Poor folk who desire the flavor but not the price often cut rock candy or glass into a diamond shape as a substitute. Shrewd (or shady) bartenders may use this to turn hefty profits; they may sell the drinks at full price without shelling out for real diamonds. Most wouldn't be able to see the difference, but dwarves (who are adept gem cutters) can, making the bartenders scramble to give them real gems, lest they compromise their customers' trust and their profits.

LuxAeturna

I think I might like it here
Builder's Bitter
A strong and earthy beverage Brewed in Heaven's Reach with native barley and hops by the Priests of the Builder for their own use, this bitter is flavoured with rendered Spruce resin, and stored in distinctive stone casks. It is rare that a Non-hammerite will be able to obtain this beverage, but every so often, the Hammerites will give a cask to a particularly honoured guest.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Elven Mead
A sweet warming drink brewed in elven forests with wild berries and in some regions, liquorice root or cinnamon. The drink varies according to the brewers choice of berries and other ingredients, but this drink is never alcoholic - much to the dismay of the dwarves! It is often stored in wooden caskets, and drunk from a wineskin, pitcher, or goblet according to the occasion. The mead is deep crimson in colour.

Darko

Lord of Altera
Shipwreck Rum A fine drink for the finest pirates, stolen molasses, yeast is mixed with water and on occasion sugar canes in a small leather flask, where it will be left to age for a year. Mainly found in pirate cities, Shipwreck Rum is exported to almost every coastal town and city.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Yer know not of Black Sheep Bitter? Yer bloody talk aboot that stinkin' Black Mountain Ale by us Dwarves, that were sum stuff fer those poxy young 'uns! Ae'll tell yer the proper Dwarven Ale! A strong pint o' Black Sheep Bitter is the only stuff a true Dwarf would drink. Pah!

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Ach, Ye Cannae deny a good Pint of Black Mountain Ale! Black Sheep Bitter may be good but Black Momtain has the taste of Stone, A Taste for a proper Dwarf! Whilst Black Sheep Bitter? For The Poxy Gnome Farmers! Ye think thats strong as well? Pah!

ObsidianShield

Lord of Altera
Blaze on the Warts

A strong concoction said to have been created in the nether, it consists of crushed blaze rods, nether wart, and soul sand mixed to form a red liquid that contains many small objects unknown to the drinker. It is almost as strong as Valkyrian Spirits, it is commonly used for drinking games, and is know to be deadly. Because of it's mortality rate, it is illegal in most pubs. But in others, you can probably find a keg or two in the basement.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Ach, Ye Cannae deny a good Pint of Black Mountain Ale! Black Sheep Bitter may be good but Black Momtain has the taste of Stone, A Taste for a proper Dwarf! Whilst Black Sheep Bitter? For The Poxy Gnome Farmers! Ye think thats strong as well? Pah!
Ahem, yer better watch who yer talking t', not only am ae the great Lore-Writer fer us Dwarves, ae'm also your general, so ae'd watch yer language. Next time I see yer, ae'll be sure t' give yer a proper taste o' some proper ale!

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Ahem, yer better watch who yer talking t', not only am ae the great Lore-Writer fer us Dwarves, ae'm also your general, so ae'd watch yer language. Next time I see yer, ae'll be sure t' give yer a proper taste o' some proper ale!
Ye cannae command every Dwarf in existence Hrothgar. Ye may write the Lore, but there be other Carvings in the Stone and Many more Books. I do not belong to yer collective of Dwarves, But I am as much a Dwarf as you are so I'd be saying ye should get some manners of yer own

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Ye cannae command every Dwarf in existence Hrothgar. Ye may write the Lore, but there be other Carvings in the Stone and Many more Books. I do not belong to yer collective of Dwarves, But I am as much a Dwarf as you are so I'd be saying ye should get some manners of yer own
Ae can command every Dwarf in existance, so long they be loyal to their High King. And the o'er books yer speak of are lies and untruths. Yer know not of our Kind, outcast. Either yer'r one of us, or yer not. Black Sheep Bitter be the choice o' the greatest Dwarven Warriors, though ae doubt yer know o' them.

(On a side note, I like this thread, 'bout time it was made ;))