Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The 7 dwarven clans of Altera

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Just a proposed idea, but I think there should be 7 clan families that any dwarf in Altera must be a part of. So far, the clans I have are the Duskhammers, the Ironlungs, the Frostpeaks, and the SharpPicks. Please post here if you have comments, suggestions, or would like to join one of the clans.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
why is no one commenting to this?
dwarven clans are a great idea!
too bad I'm not a dwarf.

Paragory

Legend of Altera
This is actually a great idea, RP wise. In Altera, all of the dwarven characters I have encountered all desire to have a profound sense of respect attatched to their names. There is never a moment when a dwarf backs from an opportunity to uplift their name if honor is the prize. It only seems sensible that these dwarves can proudly trace their heritage to an honorable forefather.

I have full support for this idea, and I would strongly suggest that other dwarven characters seriously consider taking a clan name.

Bellon the Wise

Survivor of Five Rivers
This sounds very fun. You should do some work on the wiki... The Wiki is wonderful for this kind of stuff... in terms of putting things into existence. Put the links here when you are done.

Paragory

Legend of Altera
I like the Deepforge clan, it makes more logical sense than the Fellforge clan.

Since simplicity seems to be a major priority for clan names, might I suggest the following:
The Hardarmor Clan (sounds a bit silly, but the fluency and annunciation sounds good)
The Standingstone Clan (again, silly, but it has a ring)
The Gerrick Clan (Breaking away from the adjective-noun track, but it's monotonous to have so many names like that)
The Korrikar Clan (Going for harsh sounds that are best said by someone who always has a temper)

Darko

Lord of Altera
Stronginthearm Clan
Gold Tooth Clan

Those are just some ideas
(anyone know where Stronginthearm comes from?)

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Kelp, I can put this into the Dwarf wiki Page when yer done, as I'm working on the Dwarf lore :) If you want to you can make the stories, but I'd love to help write the backstories between some if you don't mind :)

Please note too, the SharpPicks were just a family (I was the son :) ) that were killed in the battle of Ascension_Heights, and the banner in Karuk-Thol is there for remembrance of my father, one of the greatest Dwarf warriors of their time.

I was also looking for a way to implement different, shall we say 'groups', of dwarf into the lore, and I think this might be a decent way of doing it :)

Click 'ere fer the Dwarf page so far! http://minecraft.hollowworld.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Dwarves

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
Thinkin about killing Rox, im just getting bored of him and i wanna be a DWARG! (a Dwarg is a race i invented in WoW that is a Dwarf but also a Duergur AKA me)
But clan names.....

Clan of the Hammer of Doom
Doomyness :p
Bloodmail Clan
Fatesmelter/Fatesmither Clan
Sworddigger Clan
Pie Eaters :mad:
Godslasher Clan
Doomgem
GemPick
SharpSword Clan
GraveGauntlet
RockCutter
AuxiliumCutter
LarsWorshipper
Wraithborn
Gemborn (Could have eyes made out of Gems)
Rockborn (Could be a disease that in they're pride they called it a blessing that made they're skin out of Stone)
IngotCrusher
BoltThrower
Milk Drinker Clan :eek:

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
The 7 dwarven clans:
Duskhammer
Iron Lung
Deep Forger
Frostpeak
Firedweller
Stoneborn
Goldenhelm

This is just my first draft of the 7 clans. Eventually, Ill get around to writing a bio and alot of info on each of them. Feel free to use it Ninja;). Sorry for rejecting some of the ideas, some were good and some were stupid.....I can still make changes if you have a GOOD suggestion. Oh, and Paragory, the names will be also be in Dwarvish when I post again, so they'll be less boring....

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
The Duskhammers:

Average height: 4 feet 2 inches (about 1.3 meters)
Average weight: 120 pounds (55 kilograms)
Eye color: Brown or grey
Hair color: Brown with varying shades of red.

Clan location: The south
Clan weapon: Hammer
Clan material: Star-Iron
Clan flag: A hammer that fades from yellow to red to purple down its length.

Bio: The Duskhammers were the 3rd dwarven clan to be created, and the second that originated in the south. They came in the year 163 PC, and quickly allied themselves with the Stoneborn. Over the years they extensively inbred into each other, and are today almost inseparable as a clan. Almost all southern dwarves originated from these two clans, and several powerful families have sprung from these clans, not least among them the Sharpicks.

General description: Duskhammers are warriors. They are possibly the greatest dwarven fighters of all time. On the battlefield, many a foe fell to their hammers, and many learned to fear their warcries. However, the talents of the Duskhammers are far and wide. Some are tinkerers, some miners, and some forgers. All have the blood of war in them.The Duskhammers are what many people view as the typical dwarf: Brown hair, 4 feet tall, relatively muscular, ale drinkers.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Oh, and here are the names in Dwarvish:

Duskhammer- Barazmort
Iron Lung- Yearnen
Deep Forger- Gunud Creu
Frostpeak- Rhewenholm
Stoneborn- Claghen
Firedweller- Khannaneen
Goldenhelm- Khaur-dum