Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Summoning] The Grey Lady - None Escape Final Judgment

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Its irrelevant for the argument - people will still get the resistance in the end *rolleyes*
Perhaps, but it is really annoying when someone plays a full out alchemist and follows the rules, and then other people avoid them. Not cool, yo.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Actually, the rule for fire potions is that they are applied externally and have RP downsides during prolonged use - For the splash you can use the rules for Harming splash analogue (at least until the loreteam says no); So basically your Armor is full of fire resisting oil. - i do at least not see how this breaks lore rules.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Actually, the rule for fire potions is that they are applied externally and have RP downsides during prolonged use - For the splash you can use the rules for Harming splash analogue (at least until the loreteam says no); So basically your Armor is full of fire resisting oil.
@Michcat That is not how it works, right?

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
That is what was in the link you gave me :p - and really nothing hinders someone from using said oil on an object ;)
Externally as in: *Athryl rubs the potion on his hands, and reaches into the fire* Not, *I throw a splash and everyone is resisted to fire*

Edit: I know, I use fire resist. on my arrows and such all the time.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Considering how they wrote 'oil' and not ointment I consider it an 'oil' which means its fluid.

And where the heck did I write *I throw a splash potion and resist fire* *rolleyes*?
- Either way /rerail

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Considering how they wrote 'oil' and not ointment I consider it an 'oil' which means its fluid.

And where the heck did I write *I throw a splash potion and resist fire* *rolleyes*?
- Either way /rerail
That was an exaggeration. Either way, just follow the lore please :p No hard feelings?

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
:I Hey, let's move this argument about potions to the potions thread~

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
That was an exaggeration. Either way, just follow the lore please :p No hard feelings?
Point is: nothing of what I wrote actually violated the lore. Call it nitpicking but poring oil over your entire body is also a form of application. The lore is too vague on the splash potions in that regarding, so unless the lore team says differnt its a fluid oil to me similar to the harming splash potion, just with different effects.

:I Hey, let's move this argument about potions to the potions thread~
Thats what I meant with re-rail[/quote]

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
OKay, I am moving this to the other thread, because I feel it still needs to be discussed :p

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
The server is on...If Mich can get on in 20 mins or so. We can start!

Or else I'll still have at 4pm pst. 11pm gmt.

Or extend it for a week.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I take the hearts back. I TAKE IT BACK.

*Falls onto the floor and crumples up in fetal position sobbing*

All my fault, really..

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Well I see it positive we know what happens when it fails now.
Once Fronslin reports to Bolvar, he shall take adequate steps for his next summoning...

Either way it was a gorgeous event, even though it failed. You have nothing to be sorry about, summonings are unpredictable in the first place.
Albaraeth and Bolvar are both religious leaders and we were worrying >>

Last edited: