Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Showcase Your Instruments!

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Tell us about your instruments! How long have you been playing them? Are they worth much? Do they have regarded makers? What do you like about them?

image.jpg
(Click to enlarge)
This is my bass guitar. It's a left-handed ESP LTD bass and I covered it in really lame stickers because guess what? I'm a five-year-old. There are Charlie and Lola ones, Peppa Pig ones, Hello Kitty ones and even a couple of Gruffalo ones. Plus I got a Gorillaz CD and it came from Japan with a Japanese sticker, so I put that on there too. I've been playing bass since about February. Oh, and it's called Ellen.

image.jpg
(Also click to enlarge)
This is my Fender Telecaster Standard guitar! I bought her in the summer of last year and, as much as I love her, I also regularly abuse her. As you can see hopefully, the top string is broken, I did that pretty recently and haven't been bothered to put some new ones on. The stickers are the owl from The Gruffalo and the other is the sticker from Wolf Alice's new album. My playing style is somewhere between St. Vincent and Mogwai, but I'm unnecessarily agressive, much like Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood. I could do with a wrist brace like he has. I did this not long ago:
image.jpg
(Click to enlarge)
The whole click to enlarge thing had better work.

I also own a fairly pretty but broken Tanglewood semi-acoustic:
image.jpg

And a purple 3/4 size acoustic guitar that I got when I was eleven that nobody needs to see. I own a little orange uke and a recorder which only ever played that Plastic Beach song on.

Your turn!

Ohhh, awesome idea. I buy and sell guitars (haven't done much lately, but it is surprisingly lucrative)...

I don't have pictures, but I play a 2005 Gibson SG Special Faded (That's for sale btw) and an American Fender Telecaster with custom pickups. I also bought a Fender Acoustic to play around campfires and all that.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Ohhh, awesome idea. I buy and sell guitars (haven't done much lately, but it is surprisingly lucrative)...

I don't have pictures, but I play a 2005 Gibson SG Special Faded (That's for sale btw) and an American Fender Telecaster with custom pickups. I also bought a Fender Acoustic to play around campfires and all that.
Cooooool!! Well, if you happen to take a picture of the SG anytime soon I'd love to see it. How much is it on sale for?

Halendar

Lord of Altera
I play the sax, but I use one my school provides for the band :p. Perhaps one day I'll have my own... one day...

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Ocarinas.jpg

Here are my two ocarinas. The top one is a plastic 12 hole C ocarina. The second is also in C but is a double non-plastic and to be honest I don't remember what its made out of xD. Yeah I got them because I love Zelda but I"m terrible with them. I've memorized a couple melodies but high notes even when I was practicing every day always came out as shrill and airy. So yeah I have them but I can't really play and their mostly a collector thing/conversation starter for me now.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
A Fender Mustang in Competition Orange, it was my Uncle John's when my dad was young. Since then, my dad has had it for many years and recently I've taken to it, since it seems such a waste to leave it in the closet.

I know very little, but I can play the main riff from Life's Been Good by Joe Walsh. As a little bit of trivia, some musicians that used this exact model of guitar is Kurt Cobain and David Byrne (Nirvana and Talking Heads respectively.)

Guitar isn't really my main instrument of choice, and it's only very recently that I've started to learn how to play. My main instrument is the violin, which I have played for about six years now. Presently, I do not have a picture of my violin, not do I have the means to take a picture. Previously, I had uploaded a picture of my guitar to the internet, and was thus able to retrieve and use it here. When I get home in about a week, I will update this post with a picture of my violin (although it's nothing high end) since it seems like a fun little thing to do.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Wow! That's a cool story and an absolutely gorgeous guitar.

I've never seen Talking Heads live but weren't Kurt's Mustangs usually blue? He smashed his guitars up quite a lot, so he could have used an orange one at some point, but towards the end he started using his own Jagstangs (you guessed it - a cross between a Fender Jaguar and a Fender Mustang) so I don't know how often he smashed those up, custom-built guitars cost loads.

I almost got a violin a couple of years ago, frankly I still want to. They're such beautiful instruments. I'm excited to see yours.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
I was a bit of a band geek in high school and play the baritone. Sadly I have no picture of it but should be easy to look up online seeing as there is really nothing special about it.

I also play the piano a bit but not very well. I practice when I can but sadly do not own a piano sooo can't practice very often.