Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Salerk's Profile & Back Story.

Salerk

Villager
**For the default profile system please see bottom of the post - Also I am no author, Im horrid at grammar so, please forgive this if its horrid! :D**

A deep rumble comes from above, Gandolf and Thalion Daugion have deep looks of worry worn into their expressions; deep within the bowls of Karak-Thol they feel unsafe, away from the sky the feeling of stone pushing in from all around, another rumble this one greater than the last.

"Bah! Steady yourself you spineless cowards, the great throne room is being build, and the sound is just that of bewpy playing with her dynamite she were given."

Sat in the mead room of my hall, the lava fountain to my back pooling in the ground, warming the room from the cold and damp. The land walkers arrived during a storm and the stink of the rain is still deep within their clothing. My diamond axe reflects the lava as its sat besides me, close enough to be of use if needed, but not so to be seen as an act of violence.

I wonder if by the end if she will needed, if they will do as many other have done and perhaps the last of my family will finally be set free from the nightmare we have had to suffer for hundreds of years. Its been over 20 years since I saw my sister flee a band of demon hunters. I never found her, she was always better with the above land, her speed unmatched having embraced the gifts of the past even the elfs could not keep pace. But I get ahead of myself.

Thousand of years in our past the stonebloods were hailed as one of the greatest dwarfen bloodlines, each clan having unique abilities, the silverstone were seen as the weakest the ability to feel the presence of iron is nothing in comparison to the diamondstone clan.

It was this deep set resentment that would be the final downfall to our clan, and perhaps it was the only chance we may have had. There is no telling what may have happened, perhaps we could have joined into another bloodline, perhaps many things. What happened was to many unforgivable. Sirak Silverstone was hunting within the nether, an odd place even for a dwarf, we have always been fond of fire and stone, this was a demonic landscape with no real use for a dwarf, but he was hunting, searching for one of the many lost nether forts hoping its discovery would elevate our clan back into a place of power, what he found was a demonic princess.

"I would not take another step small creature" the voice was like that of a lava flow soft, slow yet powerful, and deadly. Turning slowly to face what manner of creature this is that Sirak will need kill before finishing his exploration he comes face to face with a demon.

Fire red hair, that hung down to the waist, a tall slim body only hidden by dirt and dried blood, skin a tint of grey and eyes of green and red. There was a look of hunger in the eyes, a longing and power. Stopped in a stunned silence Sirak stood there unable to speak, an odd occurrence for a dwarf to be sure.

"Shall I kill you now small creature? Or shall we play first you think? It has been many years before any creature was foolish enough to enter my territory. Even the pig creatures have better sense!"

Suddenly realisation broke through like that of light breaking into a cave, a thin line, that after the dark if looked at directly would blind you forever. The pig men that were dogging his every step had stopped following long ago, stood at the side of the mountain of soul sand at first he thought it was the sand that their hoves could not pass. But this was foolish, now he knew the truth. they had known.

"Bah. What you do nay change ma fate wench. Demon or nay"

Takenback, this is a creature of power, used to fear and respect, yet this small creature she has never seen before standing no higher than her naval spoke to her as if she was no more than a distraction.

Curiosity, a feeling she had not felt in a long time "And what fate is this small creature"

"Ye gads, stop callin' me small creature! Im a Dwarf! And my fate is excile, death to myself and my clan for what its worth demon, no fate you can do to me would be worse than that of the other clans"

War, suffering, strife, death CHAOS! oh so long since she has had the prospect of so much fun.

"I bring you an offer then dwarf. A chance to change that, a way to ensure your clan will forever be the most powerful. A gift and all I ask for this is a small price, you to take me, show me this land you come from"

Any dwarf of his right mind would have taken his axe at this point and beheaded any demon offering anything, it has been long known to all people that demons are trickers, who can not be trusted. yet he agreed.

Walking slowly to the dwarf she plucks a blade like one he has never seen the likes of before, a blade of glowstone, running it across her wrist blood of fire pours forth and into a chalice of fire.

"Drink" the only word spoken, as she hands him her blood. Desperation can be the only reason for what he did next he drank, and the power was overwhelming, and with a speed and strength he had never felt before he lunged forth at the demon taking her blade and running her through with it, shock crossed her face, and a feeling she never had before FEAR! as her blood run down her body he drank like he never drank before. his blood tuning to fire, his skin turning grey, and eyes red his once white beard tuning red with demon blood.

The demon staggers back, healing almost the instant the blade was removed, looking upon this creature that should be dead for the blood he took, yet he stood with a power few will ever know. when he next spoke, his voice was not that of the dwarf that first came, but something new, a demon dwarf, powerful, ruthless.

When they made it back to the top world it was raining, no dwarf likes the water, but this was like fire on his skin, burning where it landed a pain he never had felt before.

"What is this, what have you done to me demon?" Laughter, a evil laugh that eccoed across the land, animals fled in fear.

"Your punishment my beloved dwarf, you took more than your gift, you tried to take the life of a demon and demon you are part now. You and your descendants will fear the wet like others fear fire, the demonic blood that now runs in your veins is from a land where there is no water, you can walk in lava as if nothing, but water will burn your skin, your eyes will see better in the dark than any normal creature, and like the blood of your people, each will be born some stronger in the blood others weaker, with abilities few will understand. You will be hunted, you will never belong. You asked for the ability to safe your clan you have that now, but you will never be accepted!"

With this she was gone, vanished into the distance to not be seen again. Hiding until the rain stops Sirak retuned home, unknowing to Sirak the elfs often kept watch on the dwarfs to ensure they did not release a demon from the depths, but this was new, this was unnatural. returning home he found elf and human demon hunters in his home, his clan slaughtered, his wife lay dead.

Rage boiled within his soul, and he took each of them by the heart and killed them all, the last of his kind, the last silverstone he heard a cry, looking in the hidden strongroom he found his children, the last of his clan he was not, cutting he feed them on his blood, passing the gift into his blood line. The other clans not knowing why the silverstones were killed took pitty onto the children, thinking the red eyes they suddenly bore was somehow linked caused by being witness to a slaughter of their peers and yet with all this Sirak was never to be seen again, many think he gave to much of his life into his children, other think he still roams the land looking to exact revenge on the demon who made him.

Taking a drink from the goblet that was given to him at some point during the story Salerk sighs. Looking around he feels the eyes on him, Thalion was looking at him with a mix of pitty and loathing. the human was ridged with fear.

"I may have the look of Sirak, I tell you now. I am nay he. *a look of doubt can be seen on Salerks face* But look about you at my home, lave and nether rack lines the walls, no water to be seen. The red of my eyes, aye part demon from many generations in my past"

Gandolf speaks slowly "How do you control it?"

"Simply, I don't. my sister, she embraced her abilities, to run like the wind. Perhaps I am stronger, perhaps more dwarf blood runs within me than demonic. But that is why I called you here, for now you know my story, where Im from, what I could become."

"I ask only one thing, no one else must know. I trust you with this so should the blood take hold you know where I come from and my family past"

Thalion stands, hand on hilt of the weapon he always caries. Gandolf leaves never taking his eyes on us, with a look that blood will be spilt here.

A laugher comes from above. Asirel sitting on the ceiling, "ohohoh!, a new member of the family, Cubey will be intrigued to hear of this blood of yours dwarf."

Thalion stands torn, as Ariel runs for the door he goes to take after her, demons it is known are less than confident in his presence. Yet he stops "You can control this blood of yours?"

I smile, "I can I have. I can only not control the dreams as if I have memories long lost long forgotten. so much doubt... But that my dear friend is a a story not yet written."

--- To be continued??--

Name: Salerk Silverstone
Nickname/Alias: Eh... Salerk dun ye read?
Age: 90*Looks unsure* no no... It cannot be.. I am Salerk and 90. (Young for a stoneblood, some of us live to 450-500 years)
Race: Dwarf - Descendent of the stoneblood line
Height:4ft 9
Weight: 14 Stone
Hair: Redish-Brown
Eyes: Green to red depending on mood
Skin: greyish-pink
Identifying Marks: Red eyes
Appearance: Tall for a dwarf, red hair, greyish skin and red eyes.
Strengths: As part of the silverstone clan of stonebloods I have an uncanny ability to find iron within the ground, strong vision even in the darkest of caves, and a fondness for lava while not as good as a demon, I can take a dive and come back up without death.
Weaknesses and fears: Because of a bad deal made in my families past I fear the rain, and have a hatred for water. it burns me more than fire would normal mortals, because of this boats scare the life from me as it is to me what sailing on lava would be to surface dwellers.
Religion and cults: *looks around shiftily* There is no religion of cult in my family BE GONE! and ask no more of this!!
Profession: Because of my unique abilities and stubborn nature I make a fine miner and explorer of cave systems, sudden runs of lava, only help speed me along. and I need fewer torches to light my way than most.