Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sakyras Story

Sakyra

Noble of Altera
It was a normal day or so I had thought. I was with my father walking around the Crossroads looking for something to do. The sun was bright and the market was busy like usual. I held my fathers hand as we approached a food stand. My dad pulled out a few radiants and exchanged them for some bread. My father thanked the man and I stayed quiet. My dad handed me some of the bread. I ate it as he spoke. “Sakyra. Soon you’re gonna get into trouble for not speaking.”

“Why? I’d think it would be better. Upon that if I don’t speak they have no reason to come after me.”

“It depends on the situation. I just don’t want to see the last of my family get injured. I love you, Sakyra.”

“I love you too, Father.”

We didn’t know many of the people on the lands. We tried to keep ourselves hidden most of the time. We would only come out on our own every once in awhile. We lived in the trees. There wasn’t much to eat up there. I look like a mix between my mom and my dad. My mother was a halfling and my father was a traveler. My father was fairly skinny and my mom had black hair. My hair took after my mom and my eyes after my dad. We both had blue eyes.

“Do you remember the story behind your name?”

I giggled as I shook my head. My father explained the story of how my mother died while she was pregnant.

‘My mother and father were walking one day and my mother stopped to look at a flower by the side of the road. She spoke a word as she examined the flower. “Sakyra.” she said. She stood up and my mother and father continued on their walk. When they entered a clearing a couple of men encountered them. A punch was thrown to try to knock my father out. As my father fought with one man the other fought with my mother. “Oh no…” she spoke worryingly.

“What? What is wrong?” My dad reacted as he fought. My mother grasped her stomach as she fell to the floor. “Oh Gods. No not right now.” My mother didn’t reply. “Oh Gods, oh Gods, oh Gods.” My father threw a hard punch knocking out the man who was attacking him. As he did so the man who was attacking my mother shoved a blade in her upper chest. My father ran over and knocked that man out soon after. “Sakura, listen to me. You’ll be fine. I promise.”

With gasping breaths my mother spoke. “No save the child. Don’t worry about me.” No blood came from my mother because of the blade, but tears flowed from my father eyes.

“No, You’ll be fine. I’ll save you both. I promise.”

‘Hon. She’s due right now. Save her.”

“I will always hold her dear and protect her.”

She smiled as she closed her eyes. My father took the knife from her chest and brought me into the light of the day. My mother had passed then. “I will name you Sakyra.” He lifted me from her stomach as he cried, holding me.’

That’s not only how I was named, but how my mother died.

I looked at my father with a smile. I hugged him and he hugged me back. “I love you father.”

“I love you too Sakyra.” He hugged me tightly.

That night we climbed our tree and went to sleep. A few hours after we went into our dreamland I heard a noise and I awakened. My dad was still asleep. I looked down from the branch I was perched on to see a figure rush beneath the us. I looked to my father to make sure he was still asleep. After I had confirmed that he was asleep I jumped down from the tree and landed with a silent thud. I looked around for a few minutes before being attacked by two men. One covered my mouth as he shoved what felt like a thick blade into the back of my head. I blacked out right then and there. I awakened the next day not remembering anything. That’s where my journey to either create a new life or to regain my memories started.