Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Revolution!...technicalities

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
Yeah, but until now it's just been a bunch of loud mouths saying that they are going to do a revolution "some day". This has been going on for a few months and how much of a revolution have we seen on the server? Nothing.
Even if you would be "brave" enough to start a war like this, you would just lose. So, if you want a good roleplay, then do something fun and possible and, most important of all, make it happen!
The first month was spent exchanging leaders and general dallying, then I started to organize everyone so that we could have our first battle, we were all set to do it when word of the exodus came. It was decided to postpone everything until after we switched worlds, and that is what we have been doing. I made this thread to get everyone ready for when the time comes (As you can see above there has been much confusion). We already have permission to have the first battle at Warstrom so again, need to get everyone on the same page and begin the tedious proses of scheduling with everyone. Believe me, I would have love to have gotten this started ages ago, but I want it to be done properly. As for losing, I know! There is no way I actually wanted to overthrow the kings, like I have said again and again, I just want a good rp and am fine with my character dying because of it (hung if you must darko) This is not a matter of bravery, it is a matter of technicalities which I am trying to get sorted out with this thread so that we can get to the fun rp.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Please Cherbert, This is not a nonsense plan, I support hshotwell in this event. Its a brilliant event, it wouldn't mean the Kings would Have to be ovethrown but it would be fun to try. It would add an immense and immersive RP to the server and it means tons of things could happen. He has spent tons of work on this and I was rather looking forward to it. I have a grudge with Hrothgar as well... It would mean there could be a change in magangement in the kings, political changes, and it would just be epicly fun! You could be a Key Character or just A Soldier and there would be many good and bad things to it. If you close this down then it would be closing a fun part of the server as it would be good for us all. Cherbert, I ask now, please do not close this event Its awesome and hshotwell has worked very hard and we need more RP events
Thank You
Yours Sincerely
Seth Jenkins

ReapingFaith

True Bandit
The way I see this event going, is either absolutely amazing, or horribly wrong.

We have many good roleplayers on this server, Itsemiel, dracoboy, Tang, too many to name.
I know many people on the server can act this and roleplay this perfectly, and it can be a very worthwile event, however there are some issues.

The main problems I can see happening:
Neutrel people being mistaken for hostile and being killed, and complaining about it/starting drama.
Where will this take place? PVP is disable in the NK and I doubt ALL of the monarchy will coincidentally be sat in the Wilds.
It stops being RP and just turns to full on PVP non-stop.

As regards to it just becoming PVP, some will say that this won't happen. I have seen it happen all the time, you don't have the time to RP in chat while shooting/slashing or being shot/slashed at. You will die and no roleplay will take place.

If we can pull this off the right way, with the right roleplayers and the right time; it can go brilliantly and all the problems I see are invalid.

Personally I see this as a great Roleplay Event oppurtunity and it would encourage more of it to take place.

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
...and we need more RP events
Do improvisation RP! Those are the best and you will see that it's amazing to see how your character grows. RP events don't always have to be thought of; they can appear out of nowhere and you will have a great adventure!
If you want to RP on the server, just say it in OOC and in a few seconds you'll be building on your, or someone else's, character's story.

ReapingFaith

True Bandit
Do improvisation RP! Those are the best and you will see that it's amazing to see how your character grows. RP events don't always have to be thought of; they can appear out of nowhere and you will have a great adventure!
If you want to RP on the server, just say it in OOC and in a few seconds you'll be building on your, or someone else's, character's story.
I see what you are saying, but walking up to someone and just talking can become repetitive. Although it can be interesting, RP Events attract and encourage alot more roleplaying. Also I have seen many RP events go extremely successfully, and have brought alot more rp than talking to someone in PS.

(Don't take this the wrong way to anyone, Im not saying its boring, but people I have seen get tired of it and is better to have more variety in what they do.)

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
Like reap said, this is just supposed to be a series of rp events. As for the problems mentioned I will adress each of them:
-I highly doubt neutrals will get involved, there are going to be scheduled events just like any other rp event.
-The revolution is just a series of battles justified by the ideals of the people so each battle will be in a different place.
-Because of the exodus this is currently postponed, but in the new world I believe pvp is different for each plot, so we just have events in pvp towns.
-Maintaining rp throughout battles is definitely the biggest problem. There is motive behind each battle so it is already one step in the right direction. In the heat of battle though, it will mostly be pvp, I hope that the helmets determining sides helps keep everything from spinning into chaos. Also, with the tier system soldiers can be fighting each other in the front lines while key figures banter back and forth and give commands (idealistic I know, but there will at least be a sense of that)

For those of you annoyed by my continual yapping, the solution is simple, don't listen to me. For those of you who believe that this can turn into something awesome and want to participate, stick with me. I am trying hard to organize this, it would be a shame if it was simply fizzled.

I appreciate everyone who has helped, and I understand the concerns of you others. Either way, lets work something out instead of just ending it abruptly.

Viva la Revolution.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
... if this just ends up being a big PVP event, then I will be against it. If this ends up as an event with a big battle here and there, but with Roleplay more so focused on all the hardship war brings, I will devote myself to this event. It's also important to (Which I think Hotshot has) realize that the rebels would HAVE to lose the war, and the monarchy will never be overthrown.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Shotwell Has been working on this for a while now, I've talked to him about it and he's worked out just avout everything for the Revolution. The Rebels would have to lose the war and The Monarchy would not be overthrown but it wpould still be fun. As for being a Big PVP event, Shotwell has told me He's wanting rather large battles here and there but also the roleplay aspects like, political, the hardships of the war, the effect on the people and how it could change Alteria forever. Seriosuly, he's though this threw and it would be awful not to continue with it
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Viva La Revolution, Friends

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
The revolution is an ideal. There will be some strictly pvp battles, along with mostly rp skirmishes or entirley rp aspects and secret meetings. This is a war, there are aspects for strong rpers and pvpers alike. This may sound idealistic but this is a great server with a fantastic comunity. This can be pulled off as long as it doesn't get shut down. But yeah, of course I am not trying to actually topple any kings, I am prepaired to be executed at the end of this, I just want to get in some fun events :D

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
Itse is right about the improvisation RP, they are awesome! Like the other day i ended up getting married and bailing out on the last second xD Was great fun but i'm sorry LemonJuiceTaco :( And really all we want with this is fun RP if it gets boring/people start whining i'm out but i just hope this will turn out great.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
I love improv rp as much as anyone else, but it is something entirley different from this. This is a larger scale event and there fore needs some organization. I am glad you had fun with your improve, and we will need skilled rpers to make this work. Theese are two seperate things, I love unplanned rp's but I am trying to make something else happen, I hope that doesn't discourage you.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
I just see this being a load of people in a field, spamming OOC with deaths, whinging and moaning about " Oh noes I lost my diamond armor boo hoo boo hoo" etc. I just can't see how this'll work out. Secondly, why the Kings? It makes more sense if you formed rebel towns which did not follow the Kings' laws (Of course, you'd ALL stick to the server rules otherwise you know what'll happen). And then the rebel towns went at war with the King/Empire cities etc. Rather than just attacking all the Kings in one big battle.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
First, there are not going to be random battles in open fields, we are NOT battling just for battles sake. Second, if you come to one of the events, you must have read this page and chosen a tier, so no body except key figures should expect their stuff back(whine about losing their diamond armor). Why the kings? Because that is what this revolution is about! We aren't just trying to destroy all organization and bring chaos (but that is a few of our members motives). The ideal of the revolution is to take out the kings, who live in leisure above all the rest of us, and in doing so make us all more equal. Fourth, we can't just go forming new rebel towns, because that is way to expensive for my wallet. It is just an unnecessary idea on so many levels. And finally, it is not just one battle where we try to kill all the kings. First we are attacking Warstrom where we heard a few of the kings were. If we are lucky we will kill one but probably they will flea or we will be stopped. There will then be many further battles ranging across the world in different cities and keeps until finally the revolutionists are found and put down.