Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Revolution!...technicalities

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
(Current location of revolution: Unknown)

In order to have good rp battles we need to get the logistics of everything worked out before hand. I have thought about this a while and have some ideas to enhance our encounters.

First:
In large battles (or even small ones) kings men should wear gold helmets and revolutionaries wear iron ones. I checked the wiki and they both grant the same amount of protection(gold is just slightly less durable) so it shouldn't be a big disadvantage one way or another. It will just help us all distinguish which team we are on and prevent our battles from turning into explinations.

Second:
No team killing. Kinda self explanatory but I just want it to be said. Even if your rp is that you are a secret agent you can not back stab during an organized battle. You only kill players with the oposite helmet as you.

Third:
Our purpose is to kill the kings, so we want deaths to be permanent, but we don't have enough people to make each death lasting. So I have a ranking system:

Key figure- When a key figure is killed in combat, their rp character is killed. However, whoever gets their stuff MUST return it to them upon request. This way, it encourages the key figures to bring their highest enchanted items and truly be a presence on the battlefield. (Note: You can't just decide to be a key figure, you have to justify it. also, kings are automatically key figures)

Soldier- Soldiers can participate in every battle and are allowed to bring whatever items they chose. However, when they are killed they are not entitled to any of their items back so be careful what you bring. (Note: When you die, you are not allowed to join back in the current battle, you must wait till the next battle, your character is still alive though)

Militia- I felt like I needed to add a third option so I threw this together. Militia can join every battle and don't get their stuff back, just like soldiers. However, once a militia dies, if they get ready fast enough, they may join back in the current battle. That means your team can very well get reinforcements half way through the battle. To balance things, Militia are not allowed to have any equipment higher than iron.

This will all be somewhat difficult to monitor (soldiers coming back as militia in the middle of the battle :mad: ) So I will be keeping track of the revolution team and legion will keep track of the kings men. You decide which of the three you want to be now, and if you are cheating you will be kicked from the revolution. However, if there are no active battles you are allowed to switch between soldier and militia.

Fourth:
This is all rp, so no lava combat tricks or ender pearl jumps or whatever the latest minecraft pvp abuse is. This is just good old fashioned sword swinging arrow shooting combat of yore. Potions are NOT allowed as crazy spaming of harm potions is just not fun. If you are solely a magic user you can plead your case with me for using potions/lava/pearls we will work something out.

Fifth:
The current rp location of the revolution will be posted at the top of this thread. For example: right now the revolutions forces are in hiding, if we attack, conquer, and occupy a city that will become the new location. This just means that if the kings want to go on the offensive they check what cities the revolution is in and organize for the next battle to take place there. The revolution might be located in multiple cities depending on how well we are doing.

All of these rules are for large planned battles. If you are having a small rp/scuffle you can do whatever you want and then report what possible results it had into me and legion. Also, if you are looking for the rp behind this whole revolution there is a good deal of sruff on the forums, the main one being here.

If you have any questions, or need clarification just ask right here.

Viva La Revolution!

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
So does this, mean that, let's say I was a key figure. I'm pretty bad at pvp. So if I continue to die under new rp characters, does that mean I must constantly make new rp characters? Or can I cycle through about 4 or 5? What do you think hshot?

jshot

Loyal Servant of Altera
Epik once you have died you will no longer be part of the revolution (period).

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
XD jimmy is right though, if you die as a key figure your out of the revolution. I supose your next charecter could join the battles, but there is no way he would also join in and also be a key figure. If you die as a key figure and really want to join in again, militia is ashigh as you could be in your second life.

Darko

Lord of Altera
Ummm... People don't really like to loose their character forever. If you're saying I might loose Darko, I'm out of the revolution.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
You only lose your character if you choose to be a key figure and die in battle (and it is an rp death, you could potentially be resericted I guess) If you are attached to your character just choose to be a soldier or militia. That is why there are those options, so you can still enjoy the battles without risking your character

S

Stevey

Wait so you're telling players who die in your events to ditch their entire RP profile and make a new one? Makes sense...

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
You need to give people a reason to be a key person, currently there's only a downside to it.The only people likely to do it are those who will then refuse to change their profile afterwards and those who have already considered doing so.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
*face plam* You don't have to be a key figure! If you choose to be one then you get to bring your most valuable items to every battle with no risk, if you like your character just stay a soldier. If you really want to you could even make a charecter just for the revolution that way it is fine if it dies. I understand most people aren't willing to risk it, so you just be a soldier and enjoy that battles. For those of you who are truly invested in the revolution, or are confident in your abilities then choose key figure.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
Key figures are what make the battles have wieght and feel like a signifigant rp. Imagine all the events that come with a death: funerals and.... ok mostly just funerals. There aren't suposed to be a ton of key figures, the key figures are like the leaders or top fighters of a side. But, again, it is your choice what tier you are in!

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
hshotwell please stop with your nonsense plans.

Coming up with an event that involves overthrowing the kings is futile and not in the spirit of this server.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
Shoosh, I am busy being shut down by cherbert himself. Probably won't be a chance to be a soldier in the first place (if it does happen though soldiers get to use any equipment they want, they just lose it all if they die)

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
hshotwell please stop with your nonsense plans.

Coming up with an event that involves overthrowing the kings is futile and not in the spirit of this server.
Look, I was just trying to bring an exciting and and rp justified war to the server, I did not at all mean it in an aggressive way against the kings. But if you are going to shut this down, can you at least do it in a rp way? Perhaps a scuffle leading in my arrest and being hung?

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Yeah, but until now it's just been a bunch of loud mouths saying that they are going to do a revolution "some day". This has been going on for a few months and how much of a revolution have we seen on the server? Nothing.
Even if you would be "brave" enough to start a war like this, you would just lose. So, if you want a good roleplay, then do something fun and possible and, most important of all, make it happen!