Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Resignation of the Crown

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
King Draco Lonmar looked out across the vast city. This was not the land he wanted to rule oh so long ago. So much had changed. People came and went, lives changed, the city grew. Below the flickers of golden torches lit up the alleyways that wound around the trade district and into the great plaza. Even at night a faint hum of activity could be heard from the distant docks.

He let out a slight sigh as he turned from the chilled balcony and into the much more inviting hall of residence. When he though about it, he realised the lavish lifestyle of a King never really appealed to him. He was right, a Lord of Stormhold should never had sat on the throne of Altera. He chuckled slightly, as he passed out the doorway into the upper courtyard, when he remembered the words of his father, "The North is your home, and your home it shall remain." That is where he should have spent his days, both his heart and mind were telling him so. How different it all would be if he just listened to his father. Draco had lost many friends he cared about, and in a strange way he missed many of his old foes. The familiarity of Altera was gone to him, and Port Silver was certainly not helping.

He walked through the gardens, took a deep intake of breath, smelling all the sweet scents that were common in the noble areas of the city.

Even if Draco wanted to keep the crown, he knew he wouldn't be able to keep it for long. The Master of Coin resigned, and others in the Royal Council cared a lot less than they used too for the city. At the start of his reign, he did try so hard to help the people. What he got in return was utter disrespect for the guard, crown and laws. It is hard being a King, the old cliché yes, but a truthful one. He wrapped his thick fur cloak around him and walked into the throne hall.

He would miss it, there was no doubt in his mind about that. The courts, the friendships he made, creating structure on a blank canvas. He wasn't leaving it all behind, after all he wasn't leaving. Just, finally, going home.

He stepped up to the throne. A quick exhale echoed around the empty hall. In a slow manner, somewhat like an anti-coronation, took the crown from his head and placed it upon the cold iron chair. In one swift movement, he turned and flicked his cloak over his head and like a shadow of grief he slipped from the hall unseen and unheard.

OOC- Yes, I am resigning. Mostly due to the fact I have all my final exams in a week or two and they will continue for a couple months. I have been preparing for the for the past month so really have been too inactive. Then partly due to other happenings. Thanks for the ride guys ;) It was great while it lasted :heart:.

Spark

Broken
* runs up to the throne and places the crown on his head*

P.S I love you

I was going to insert the "bow you sh...." meme but PG13..... what am I saying #YOLO

Picture12.png

Feel free to commit treason and remove this >.>

ThatIrishMan

The young curmudgeon
Ah! Finals. I know that feel. Good luck man!
Also: Does this mean another GOC will begin? Or does Lonmar simply provide a successor?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Interesting.

Well, for what it is worth - thanks for everything.

Also: Does this mean another GOC will begin? Or does Lonmar simply provide a successor?
I wouldn't see why Lonmar wouldn't be allowed to name a successor, seeing as Draco is resigning due to RL issues. I suppose we'll find out soon though.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
You mean you aren't being allowed to name a successor? Why would the staff do something like that? I mean, we all have RL stuff that comes up from time to time. Could he not name a Steward or some other retainer to hold his position until he gets back?

Hmm... is Harateth angered by the King's resignation?

The information I'm receiving is not adding up.

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
No... My king...

Suppose Rengar will apply for that job at the merry mead....
I think Limadan would visit the mead for more often now..

Draco..good luck with your exams and other stuffs..

Now..

*Grabs the crown, and picks up grief, then plonks her on the throne, and bashes the crown in her face*

My job is done..
*runs off spraying confetti all over the place, in an utmost manly manner*

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
WHY IS IT WHEN YOU FINALLY DO STORYTIME ITS A SAD THING?!
LESS. NAO.
*Hugs her rock for moral support as she weeps and weeps and weeps*

Side Note: "There's only one King I mean to bend my knee to. The King in the North!"