Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

OpticSwag - Whitelist Application [Accepted - Niek]

GoldenProphet

Lord of Altera
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

XxOpticSwagcXx

2) How old are you?

18+

3) Where are you?

US of A

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Read the Tome of Citizenship, King's Law, and parts of the information on races.

5) Introduce yourself!

I am an artist. I love expressing my ideas through conversation, but I believe that art can communicate more effectively through its ability to appeal to both the base of human instinct and the elevated nature of the mind at the same time. I enjoy listening to music and relaxing sounds, reading (Sherlock Holmes is a favorite), watching thought-provoking media, engaging in roleplaying games/forums for the creative outlet, and, of course, creating art.

6) Got any examples of your work?

I consider myself a competent builder, but I don't have any examples. It doesn't seem like you necessarily need more artists... but, just in case, I'll put some of my fantasy-related pieces:

My minecraft skin was also created from scratch by myself.
7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

I did, but I stayed in the initial spawn location. I thought it looked quite nice, though. :)

8) Referrer: (Optional)

----

About your character
Name
: Unus (pronounced Oo-nus) Opticus

Was trying to keep my minecraft name in there somewhere

Race:

Human

Appearance:

A rough-faced man with a twinkle in his one good eye and a constant smirk. His attire is a mishmash of the cultures and people he has run into on his travels. The most notable articles are his ragged hood and dented arm-guards.

---

The test

Unus rubbed a coin between his thumb and forefinger. It was the only rad he had to his name after a long series of wise investments gone rotten. It didn't mean a thing, though. This wasn't the first time he'd lost everything. He'd worked against the grain of the world enough to consider the bitterness of Defeat to be an acquired taste. No, this was a tiny setback. It was a chance to start over. New places and new people... but people were the same wherever you went. There were only two kinds: Those who knew how the world worked, and those who didn't... and of those there were four subcategories. The first kind could always see through his smile. Their category depended on if they, upon seeing through it, appreciated Unus for what he was or were threatened by him. Of the second kind, there were those who hated what they saw behind the smile and those who saw nothing besides the smile. Those who appreciated Unus or only saw the smile had made him rich, while those threatened or filled with hate had made him smart. He liked being able to put people into categories. It helped make the world make sense.

He put the coin in his pocket, his ever-present smirk inching wider for a moment. He would succeed again. There was never an opportunity to be completely defeated. What would he do this time? What would he be? Well, that depended on who needed what, of course. While his experiences were broad, his skill-set wasn't. One of the few things he had actual skill at was shop-owning. No matter. Everyone needed something... and he was the type of guy that could make you think he had it regardless of what you thought of him.

Soon enough, the dirt path turned to pebbles, and the pebbles to brick. He looked up to see a wooden sign indicating that he was now entering Tambry. An old dwarf sat on a stump nearby, sorting through his satchel. Unus walked near and put on the charm, speaking in Horgaahn. Through his many dealings with high-selling craftsmanship, he had been forced to learn the language.

"Hail, Dwarf! Fine day, isn't it?"

The old dwarf looked up quizzically, a small smile forming.

"Aye. Need something, lad?"

"Yes sir. Is there any sort of popular tavern or other such meeting place near here?"

The dwarf smiled wider and nodded.

"The Honey Badger. It's a tavern on the East side of the Square."

"Perfect. Thank you for your assistance."

The dwarf nodded once more as Unus departed for the tavern. Taverns were wonderful places. Not only was it a great place to meet needy locals, but it was a great place to meet them under the... particular influence of the location. Arriving at the Square, he stopped to admire the building. Perhaps he should try to gain a cut of the profits? Maybe if he-

Suddenly, he noticed a crumpled figure out of the corner of his eye. He turned to see a girl, probably about twelve years of age, with a large sack wearing tattered clothing. He noticed immediately from the state of her bare feet that she, like himself, had been travelling. She looked up, catching his gaze. He opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't think of anything to say. After an awkward pause, he turned away and entered the establishment.

He sat down at the bar and motioned for the bartender. After convincing the bartender that he was a businessman who would soon bring more business to the tavern, he exchanged his lonely rad for a large baked potato worth more. The image of the girl outside wouldn't leave his head as he dug into the starchy meal. It wasn't fair for her to have to live like that... but that's the way the world works. He rubbed his blind eye, suddenly feeling very conscious of it... and the memories behind it. After finishing half of the potato, he stood up and took the plate outside. He approached the girl wordlessly. She was surprised to see him again, but even more surprised when he handed her the remaining half of the cooked tuber. He left as silently as he had came, and re-entered the tavern without his smile. He told himself he couldn't eat all of the meal. He told himself that he was merely getting rid of what he would have thrown away anyways. He sat at the bar again and made himself forget the girl. She'd be gone by morning. He turned around and observed the reddened cheeks of the locals. A certain man with a large beard and fine clothes looked promising. Unus stood up, cleared his throat, straightened his shirt, and smiled.

[Didn't know if it would be wise to use a real location like this or not, but thought it would be.]

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
This was very well written! There's only one thing I need to address before moving along. Unfortunately, your character can only start knowing Common and their own racial language, if there is one. The Dwarven language can only be gained in-game through roleplay, as Dwarves very rarely, if ever, teach the language. I'll have to ask that your character not begin knowing Horgaahn. Other than that-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.