Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Oct 30th: Eisenheim Harvest Festival

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
The Thirsty Cur and the settlement of Eisenheim hereby cordially invite you to join us for a tavern warming and fall harvest celebration!
harvfest.jpg
Regardless of our differences the peoples of Altera banded together to stave off the undead hordes and sail across uncharted waters to claim a new land, a new home. In celebration of the first harvest in this brave new world we would like to invite any and all who wish to join us for a harvest celebration hosted by Jacob and Niallrys, proud owners and operators of the The Thirsty Cur Inn. There shall be a few interactive events followed by a bonfire, banquet, and story telling on the beach. Attendees are encouraged to wear harvest themed garb, masks and costumes are very welcome! Prizes shall be awarded for the best dressed man and woman (to be chosen during the banquet).

Drunken Obstacle Course
Each participant will be given a bottle of Absinthe and asked to drink it before being sent to run through a hand crafted obstacle course. Participants will be timed and the fastest runner will win a grand prize of 1500 radiants. Regardless of the outcome, all participants will receive a wooden tankard etched with "The Thirsty Cur" as well as their choice of a fine woolen scarf or rabbit-skin gloves.

(OOC: Please remember that Eisenheim is in fact a violent region. Injuries are possible, even death, though we strive to make things as safe as possible for our participants. Also, absinthe is a very strong drink, children and teens are highly discouraged from participating due to the high risk of alcohol poisoning.)

The Great Pumpkin Hunt
Carved pumpkins have been stuffed with goodies and hidden all across the lands of Eisenheim! Explore the land and reap your rewards! Find the golden pumpkin for a grand prize of 500 radiants!
(OOC: Please RP looting of pumpkins. There will a chest close to each jack-o-lantern in the region, please be mindful and only loot one item, if there are stacks of something take one and leave the rest. OPTIONAL RULE: Roll 1d4. 1=No prize was found. 2=Take an item from the top row. 3=Take an item from the second row. 4=Take an item from the bottom row.)

Pie Eating Contest
A table laden with apple pies just begs to be eaten. Think you have the biggest appetite in the lands? Here is your chance to prove it! Eat to your hearts content and you might just walk away with a grand prize of 500 radiants for your trouble if you can out-eat the competition!

(OOC: Each round a pie will be delivered to the participants and they will roll 1d20. 1-5=You have eaten to the extent of becoming physically ill. 6-13=You are too full to eat any further. 14-20=You move to the next round. In the event of a tie [last participants are all disqualified at the same time] remaining participants will re-roll until there is a clear winner.)

One on One Pit Brawl

What is a festival without a good old fashioned brawl? Drop your name in the hat and join us in the pit for some good old fashion pit brawling. Become the ultimate winner and take home a prize of 2500 radiants as your reward. Not the type to beat your friends to a bloody pulp? That's fine, the proprietors of The Thirsty Cur will be taking wagers at the start of each match, wager correctly and win back your bet plus fifty percent.

(OOC: Entrants will be placed on a numbered list and randomly chosen to face each other. Wooden weapons or fists are the only weapons allowed inside the pit and no armor heavier than leather will be allowed. [Don't forget your props.] Winner is determined by knockout, broken limb, submission, or placement for a killing blow. Rounds will continue in this fashion until a final winner is determined. Winner of each round will recieve a small prize of 250 radiants as a consolation prize.)

Seaside Masquerade Banquet
Join us as we wind down the evening's festivities with a bonfire and story telling on the beach. Before storytelling begins, the best dressed male and female of the evening will be announced and given a reward of 1000 radiants each as well as a fine steel harvest scepter crafted by master smith Urist. These scepters are the only two of their kind, no others shall ever be made. A self service banquet prepared by the proprietor's of The Thirsty Cur Inn will be laid out for any and all to enjoy to their heart's content!
(OOC: If, for some reason, you must leave before festivities end please let Lirakitty know that you are leaving in order to be considered for the costume judging. All attendees are encouraged to bring along their best tales for the storytelling!)

Undead Shooting Gallery (Mini-Game)

Never should we forget the undead scourge that drove us from our home. In honor of the memory of those who have fought and died there shall be a shooting gallery comprised of dummies dressed as an undead horde. For a small donation
of twenty radiants per arrow, take your aim and shoot the villainous fiends dead for a prize of your choice from our shelves.
(OOC: This is where I blindly put faith in our player base. Drop an emerald into the labeled chest for each attempt you wish to make and rp out taking your shot. Roll 1d20 1-5=A complete miss. 6-10=An arm or a leg was struck, take ONE prize from the top of the prize chest. 11-15=The torso was struck, take ONE prize from the middle row of the prize chest. 16-20=The head was struck, take ONE prize from the bottom row of the prize chest. Mini-games help to recover some of the costs of running the event, participation is not required but greatly appreciated.)

Bobbing For Apples (Mini-Game)

No harvest celebration would be complete without the ages old game of bobbing for apples. In this variation a large tub will be filled with bushels of multicolored apples. For a small donation of twenty radiants per try, dip your head in and catch one for a prize based upon the color of your apple.

(OOC: This is where I blindly put faith in our player base. Drop an emerald into the labeled chest for each attempt you wish to make and rp out bobbing for your apple. Roll 1d20 1-5=No apple was caught. 6-10=A red apple was caught, take ONE prize from the top row of the prize chest. 11-15=A green apple was caught, take ONE prize from the middle row of the prize chest. 16-20=A golden apple was caught, take ONE prize from the bottom row of the prize chest. Mini-games help to recover some of the costs of running the event, participation is not required but greatly appreciated.)
fallfoot.png

Last edited:

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
harv2.png
OOC Information
Date: Sunday October 30th
Time: 2 PM CST/3PM EST/7 PM GMT

Please bear in mind that Eisenheim is a violent region. Guards will be provided for your safety but we at Eisenheim do not take any personal responsibility for the death or injury of any person during the celebration.

Limited licensing will be made available for merchants, craftsmen, hunters, and farmers to set up stalls during the festivities as well as for bards to perform on the streets for tips, please contact Niallrys or Jacob at The Thirsty Cur in character for more information. Any and all experienced guards are also welcome to apply at The Thirsty Cur for paid positions protecting the festival attendees. Not all people will be accepted, references are appreciated.

This is my first player run event and it is a festival, chances are things will be loud, confusing, and a bit overwhelming at times but it is my hope that we will all have a lot of fun together! If things go well, expect more of the same in the near and distant future.

I would like to extend a special thanks to the following people for helping to make this happen:
rjamesking and 223hero7
Thank you for giving me this opportunity, words cannot express how much I appreciate it!
Piratep00f Thank you for giving me so much inspiration in my time here at HW. My time at the colony is the motivation and inspiration behind this event.
Sir Saltington Thank you for being my sounding board and partner in crime. Without your help I don't think creating and organizing this event would have been possible. You really are the best friend a girl could ask for!
harv2.png

Last edited:

Uncray

Lord of Altera
ITS ANOTHER HARVEST FESTIVAL
WHERE WE BRING OUR FRUIT AND VEGETABLES
TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GOOD THINGS THAT WE'VE BEEN GIVEN

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Thank you guys so much for the incredible encouragement and enthusiastic responses. I assure you, I am extremely excited and cannot wait until the 30th! On a side note, full event listings have been added and a time set. Brawl information coming soon.

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
I usually dont work on sundays so ill probably be able to attend.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
I'll definitely be trying to make it if I can, much excite, very yis.