Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Poster Lana's Response to Final Mage Law

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
*Letters and a Herald is sent out, detailing Lana's response to Aleksei's and Ashna's accusations.*

Recent announcements have painted me within a dark light. It has caused a great amount of stress and thus I am forced to write a response.

The conspiracy that I am empowering the entity known as Magic through creation of the Anchors is unjust. It was through my own theorycrafting that we came to a conclusion on how the Anchors worked; being the only device in recent times that was known to deter Planar Convergence. When I discovered that it may be empowering the rogue Goddess, I contacted Aleksei Ivanov and told him. To confirm this, he-- my husband Linden Silveira and Elder Ashna-- contacted their respective divines in my presence. My theory was reality; true. In response, I went to the White Tower and asked Aleksei Ivanov to aid me in an alternative to protect the Veil, as I did not wish to empower Magic, yet I wished to protect the Veil-- and the Keepers of the Veil were the ones to contact.

His response was firm.
I must give up my magedom to recieve his aid.
He banned my work from his Archive, censored my contributions to uncovering the Precursors and now seems to conspire with the Ministry to spread this false accusation that I somehow concealed this information when I was the one that gave it to them to find an alternative to protecting the Veil.
Instead of wanting to help; they desire my infamy and humiliation.

Long ago, I was infatuated with the Goddess Magic and that much is true.
It is true that she is an entity that encourages concepts we, as Alterans, simply do not oblige nor tolerate.
That is why I gave up this heresy long ago.
I have taught every curious mind seeking arcane studies at Evenfall Academy that, whilst she has the domains of magic itself: no mage is bound to her.
All mages produce their own Essentia and, by extension, are responsible for their own actions, spells and gatherings.
When I discovered that the Anchors were connected to Magic, I knew it was a threat and I responded by seeking divine aid.
This is how they repaid me- by tarnsihing my name, my reputation and by extension my life's work and Academy.

I am happy to stand trial for what I know; what I have done.
I refuse to be damned by rumour and the zealous misinformation that I, of all people, do not care for our Realm.
I fought for our Realm when the demons invaded, I made the threat of the Immortal Seekers known, delved into the Cradle and helped save the Constructs and I have made every effort to help the Pantheon. I care deeply for Altera. It makes little sense why I would dedicate my life to research of Altera's history and her aspects if I only meant to betray her for a heretical Goddess whom is not part of our Realm.

Henceforth, Evenfall Academy shall no longer produce Anchor Arcana's in the face of the Final Mage Law.

However, Evenfall Academy will still welcome arcane study and prospecting new Mages.
We shall continue with caution; as we always have.
The actions of few do not define the many.

Elder Ashna and Lord Aleksei Ivanov are no longer welcome at Evenfall Academy for this tarnishing of my name and my work.

Yours thankful,
~Lady Lana Wake

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
A single note would be tacked on one of the letters
"Overthrow the zealotry! Commence the anarchy!"
- Maverick

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
*Following the declaration of the Ministry and Lana's response, Linden Silveira, Prince-Regent of Aor and Prophet of Sallana adds in his own public statement.*

To quote Lady Sallana's words without elaborate deductions in meanings and other flowery prose:
"It does empower our upstart cousin, but not in so literal a way as you've put it. They're probably better for you mortals than not, and it's not like She'll ever challenge /me./"
Those were the very words granted upon me on the invocation of Her presence, particularly in regards to mages and the creation of the Anchors.

Concern for the effects of the Arcane on our surroundings is not something bad, however fearmongering regarding the Arcane and the nature of the Anchors and the people that brought them into being is not the right way to go about it. Remember that each Arcane wielder is still a person, an individual. Just as the Arcane is wielded with both good and bad intent, so is any weapon or tool potentially wielded.

My advice on the matter is: learn of those who wield what another tries to condemn, before immediately condemning the individual themselves. What have they achieved? What are they trying to achieve? What is their nature, their intent? Have they acted as a positive or negative force for the lands and the people, even beyond the Arcane?

Things are not as black and white as we often try to make them out to be, the changings of times, the appearance and removal of greater threats to us all constantly putting us in a back-and-forth on what and whom we'll suddenly accept, only to then reject as soon as they are of no more use or convenience.

Make no mistake, wanting mages to wield the Arcane responsibly and not in convenient or showy excess is understandable and an acceptable aspiration, one I am certain many respectable wielders of the Arcane already put into practice both themselves and in the teachings of their students. As for the Anchors? For those using such in combination with responsible usage of the Arcane, their value in reducing strain on the Veil compared to what 'empowerment' they may provide the entity of Magic, would appear to be weighing in favor of the former regardless by the word of Lady Sallana and the Grey Lady.

However, public callouts and shaming of individuals by name, even if unintended, over their involvement or even just association in relevant matters while ignoring what good they've done for Altera, this especially at the cost of themselves, will only serve to create unnecessary friction and confrontation.
This extends much further than just those individuals themselves, as a friendly reminder.

I can only hope people will learn to better love their fellows, to judge a person on their whole self, their whole worth, rather than to point out specifics and basing an entire judgement on such alone. In this case, I shall quote one more relevant sentence. "The Arcane's wielders are here to stay."

May love guide you all,
~Linden Silveria

LuxTop

Legend of Altera
<{}>
The Occult Preceptors
Endorse the upstanding of Mages
In their right to the Identity,
and The Fut
ure of Altera -
Free from the intolerant and insecure zealotry.