Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

karib's Application [Approved - Deester]

karib

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
karib

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
I'm from Poland.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is knowing something outside of your character's knowledge.
Powergaming is forcing an action upon another role player.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a student in a Polish university. I enjoy playing games like League of Legends, Dota 2 (MOBA games mainly) I love riding on a longboard, I always listen to music while riding my board. It really relaxes me and gives me some time to think about my life. I like cooking too! Sometimes I spend my time with family and we cook together, It's kinda fun :). I'm currently practicing some tricks and illusions with cards (cardistry).

8. Do you have any examples of your work?
I don't have any photo of me riding my longboard but I'd like to recommend You to try it out!

9. Did anyone refer you?
olo030800 and Redsnakeize

Character Name:
Charles Swampson

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Messy, average lenght brown hair and tanned skin. 5'4 in height and 120 pounds. He is average in appearance, but very clean. He has a 1 inch long goatee. He typically wears a brown jacket around and a white cotton long sleeve shirt under. He also wears black trousers, and leather boots.

Written Test!
Charles Swampson lived in a small house with his mother and 2 younger brothers. They were a normal living family in the middle of the forest. His mother worked as a berrypicker.
Everyday Charles got up at 6 a.m to buy milk and a fresh loaf of bread from the local farmer. He wasn't really bulky but he knew one day he will be the strongest man in the world. He was training everyday with his brothers to help them get stronger and for himself it was a good time to spend with them. He is a smart guy, his mother taught him maths, how to perform household duties and gardening, so he was helping his mom with housework and rebuilding the house in case of rain when e.g. when the roof was leaking. He went to school after he got 17 and he was mastering his abilities and his mind to become better and better. Once in a while he was visiting his family and young brothers to tell them stories about his life after he left home for studying.
One day, after he left his family to return to the school he met his teacher - Mr. Johnson. He was a genius old man with magnificent grey beard. He heard his stories told in his house because Charles was talking loud and Mr. Johnson was walking by. Mr. Johnson said that Charles could take some additional lessons from him to get smarter and smarter.
Charles didn't really like that idea because he wanted to be the strongest man on The Altera not smartest. Mr. Johnson said that changes in life don't need to be bad. But it is his choice.
Two weeks after that dialog, he went to his teachers desk when nobody was in class besides him and the teacher. He said: after long thoughts, I think I can take more lessons with you Mr. Johnson.
The teacher was really happy to hear that. So they trained all mathematical things day after day.
Charles felt smarter and smarter. One day he came to understand that he has some lacks in his mind. He wanted something new... Charles went to his family and told them that he needs to leave them, he also mentioned that his brothers were big enough to take care of the house and mom. They sadly agreed but inside their hearts they felt pride. They greeted him and he went for an unknown adventure to seek for the most of world's mystieries...

(There may be some misspelling cause I wrote it late at night. Sorry :) )
  • "The Strongest Man on Earth" - We're not on Earth, the planet is called Altera.
  • Geography isn't something taught commonly, as the atmosphere and majority of the planet have not been discovered. This topic would be incredibly basic, or something else altogether, like map-reading or cartography.
When these are fixed, I will have another look-through of the application.

Last edited:

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Hello karib. While your writing and words in the test are sufficient, there are some things lacking in the themes of your test:
  • "The Strongest Man on Earth" - We're not on Earth, the planet is called Altera.
  • Geography isn't something taught commonly, as the atmosphere and majority of the planet have not been discovered. This topic would be incredibly basic, or something else altogether, like map-reading or cartography.
When these are fixed, I will have another look-through of the application.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
It's just Altera, not the Altera. ;) Otherwise, all good, seems.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.