Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DemiMurgos - Application - [Approved - Mikipowah]

DemiMurgos

Villager
1. What is your minecraft username?
DemiMurgos​
2. How old are you?
19​
3. What gender are you?
Female​

4. What country do you live in?
Hungary - Center Europe
5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server?
I do, and I've already done it.​
5b. Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game?
I do. I wish not to harrass anyone with useless questions, anyway.​
6. Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction.
My people called me Zee, daugher of the fisherman's Maelchor - but that was about seven years ago, when I was still a child, and I still had my father living. I was born in a small world on the Edge (the Edge of the Multiverse, I mean), called Wizzamar. If you had a map of my world, you should seek a little speck of dust in the middle of the ocean - that's my island, the Sleeper, where you should find an even smaller speck of dirt - that's my hometown, Big Nook. It's on the shores of the Shoreless (ironic, isn't it?) Seas. I was raised as an only child, loved by my parents, but they never could understand my craving for more than just a place to live and a boring life ahead of me with marriage and children. I wanted to become one of the great ladies like those in the old Legendarium - but for that, I've had to leave.
So it all began when I was about ten years old, fresh out of the oven, just before becoming a woman and with that, being able to forced into a marriage I would definently loose my last bit of sanity , so I've made many plans to actually flee from Big Nook, and become a mage's apprentice. Even though, I didn't have any kind of abilities. That was when the Stranger came, and took me in. Sadly, I was too naive to realize that he was a bad... Very bad person. A real dragon in a human's body. I mean, literally now. I only agreed to the thing that he'll lead me to the next bigger city, where I'll find myself a master, and learn everything about Wizzamar - yet, I made a pact, and I had to follow this monster everywhere, even through borders and worlds, which was his first goal: to leave Wizzamar forever. And so we did. Not that he didn't teach me anything, I've learned how to survive in the wilderness, how to say things that people want to hear, how to lie with the sound of siren's songs, and how to empty those's pockets who were careless to guard them. He even taught me to fight, to rob, to steal, to pillage and plunder, and how to use a dagger in someone's back - but I must say, I didn't like this a little bit. I was raised to be an honest, nice person, so I lived two lives - a thief in the night, and a medicine-man in the daylight, so I could give some money or some kindness back to those I've robbed during the night. It was a terrible, yet experienceful part of my life, and I was barely 14 years old back then. I even got to like my master with all of his weird things, and I must've been a good apprentice, for he made me an offer I couldn't refuse: becoming a dragon myself? Bearing the power of such a creature, the strength, the beauty, the fear it plants in hearts? I wanted to create - he taught me how to destroy.
When I turned 16, the ritual was set. Giving my former life in exchange of such capabilites? I didn't think this through well enough, but there was no turning back. I became an abomination, a twisted mind between the honest and fragile child I was, and a hungry beast. I've learned to control this beast for a part in a few months, until... Well, that happened.
We've had a little celebration in the tavern, and I've drank too much. The beast inside me always carved for raw flesh or something that could satisfy it, and my master - or my brother, as I've called him after the ritual - always loved to play drinking games. He won, of course, but as we tried to manage our way home, that bastard "played a little trick" on me. "Let's play a little game!" - he said. "Try to catch me, youngling!" - he said, flying to the sky. Being wasted as a mop, how could I make a fine decision? I followed him - and in a minute, I found myself falling through edges and borders, through the multiverse itself. That bastard lead me into a natural crack among dimensions.
The next thing I felt that I'm laying face in sand, with the headache of the century, in a world I couldn't even locate on a Multiverse-map.
What he wanted to do with me by turning me into THIS? I couldn't find it out yet.
Why did he do it? That neither. He always had his little pranks, loving to watch people's torture. But then, why did he send me off?
Anyway: gods see my soul, if I manage my way back home, it will be a nasty fight to see!

(6a. How do you feel about the roleplay aspect of our server?
I've played some roleplay games (special WoW server, Lineage 2, some other small MMO-s, etc.) so I kind of like and welcome this idea - I just hope I can cope with it!
6b. Do you have any experience roleplaying?
I do: I've played in some special MMO-s RP servers (WoW, Lineage 2, Ragnarok Online, some smaller MMO-s - Fiesta, Trickster, etc.), I used to visiet RP rooms in IMVU (for those who not know: 3D chat service). I've been also playing stories with my boyfriend via MSN Messenger, building up a huge universe, using many characters at the same time. Since he's the GM - mostly, in a few months I've picked up this role - I usually control the crowds, and a bunch (about min. 12) main characters (at the same time!). I also play paper-based RPG, but I'm still a newbie to it - it's a special, hungarian themed RPG called "The Dreamcatchers", based on the universe of Gyula Böszörményi.
So, long story short - yes, I do.)
7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are and why you would like to be a part of our community in around 8 sentences or more. You do not have to disclose any personal information if you don't want to, but we'd just like to know what kind of person you are.
My name is Rita, I'm almost 20 years old, and I'm a student in communication - although I've doubts about the necessity of this carreer of mine, so I might switch to german, and become a translator. It was my original goal as a studied woman, anyway. I love my family and my boyfriend (we are together for 8 years now!), I love to read and write (I'm working on my novel right now), listen to music, and play video games (mostly RPG-s). I also love learning languages (managed to master german and english so far, japanese and swedish is on the way), I want to become a translator/writer someday. I like instrumental music, themes (games and movies), celtic, folk, trance and... metal. I'm that "How did your stomach not freeze yet?!" type of girl, always having something to say or comment, for the "happiness" of my family and friends. But I love caring about them, so I've learned to keep silent. For a few minutes. :)
Anyway, I'm a creative chick, love to create - write, draw, build (I wish I could understand mechanics even more!) - and even if I'm not a demigod in it, I enjoy it.​
What now... I have a bearded dragon (Pogona Vitticeps) called "Pityke" ("pityke" is a sort of ornament on clothings in the hungarian folklore - it's kind of curly and edgy, like the beard of hers). She sais "hello".​
8. Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside? You can attach them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
I'm mostly the woman on our private servers, so I usually do things woman should: keep an eye out on the hunger meters, butcher... Erm, hunt animals, cook, collect seeds and wheat. I often am the owner of the tavern, so even though my boyfriend makes magnificent buildings, I usually sick to easier, but comfortable and "living" homes.
Here's an example.
The most recent:
"Inn to the thirsty "Mineblin"" (goblin in mines)
Texturepack: John Smiths.

2012-06-19_10.44.42.png 2012-06-19_10.40.49.png From the outside.
2012-06-19_10.41.36.png2012-06-19_10.41.53.png2012-06-19_10.42.50.png A few rooms, with my photobombing boyfriend...
2012-06-19_10.41.23.png The attic with the food and "barrels".

On our old server (about a year ago):
Default texture pack.

2012-06-19_10.53.08.png The blacksmith.
2012-06-19_10.56.17.png2012-06-19_10.54.46.png Warpgates and refugee camps for a quest I've been making.
2012-06-19_10.58.26.png A chicken pen - desing element for chickens. (They loved it.)

I also draw and write, but my writings are in hungarian - as soon as I've translated some, I'll post a link somewhere. You can check some of my drawings out on my deviantART page, here.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
Nothing, I just wish I can cope and make the game experience better with my presence!
10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
I do, and I totally agree. To be honest (my honesty will bring me to my doom one day...), I didn't know such things and mods exist untill I've found your server. I find these things a ruin for the game experience, therefore I highly disagree with them.

11. How did you find out about our server?
My boyfriend (BanzayIkoyama) told me about it, so I've checked out. He was right: it REALLY is awesome!

12. Have you voted for us? (Click Here)
I did, and will do so!​

BanzayIkoyama

Villager
And she deffinetely would be a wondefrull addition to the community if you ask me. It'll take some time for both of us to find our way around Altera, but we would never do anyting to hinder the experience of anyone on porpous. I find the application to be in order from what I have seen in the ones accepted, but of course it's not for me to decide.

Mikipowah

Thick Skulled Spaniard
Greetings,

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

This link may be of your interest aswell.
http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/hollow-world-texture-pack.11605/

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Excellent application by the way :)

DemiMurgos

Villager
Well, thank you! :) I'm glad you've accepted my application - I should begin my journey in this world right away!