Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Capture the flag

Finbarr

Legend of Altera
Hi every body its Finbarr.

Recently I had an idea. There are two teams. each team goes to the southern wilds and builds a fort that faces the other teams fort. then each team builds a colorful flag on thier parapits. each team trys to get the enemy flag useing tnt swords and bows. first team to destroy the enemy flag wins.
we would need permission from the server.

let me know what you think.

Finbarr

Legend of Altera
Oh ok:)

So it would be like capture the flag. But instead of capturing the enemy flag and bringing it back to yours you have to enter the enemy fort and destroy thier flag by smashing it with a pickaxe or something. In the game for weapons you would use swords and bows and stuff but you would also try to plant and detonate tnt next to your opponents wall hopefully blowing a gap so you can enter thier fort. Like how the Urakhai blow up the wall at helms Deep in LOTR.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Okay, so is there a list of rules? For example the use of obsidian in fort structures would completely break the game as you cannot blow it up and there is no way you can mine it quick enough before someone kills you. What would the "flag" be made out of? Considering that you need to spend a little bit of time breaking it so that one quick rush wont win the game. How much time do the players have before they can start to pvp? If there isnt one it will just be a mosh pit without the forts being built. Is there a limit on what can be built and how much material is used? Do the players provide materials or is it admin spawned?

Things like that.

G

grimm reaper

I have an idee for the flag you can obsidian and the blocks in the colour of your team and an hour to buil your castle that should be enough and for defence yiu can make arrow dispensers and tnt cannons

G

grimm reaper

An i should let the materials for castle and flag spawnd by asmin an for the rest provide it yourself

G

grimm reaper

And it should be like 10 vs 10 or 20 vs 20 but not more and maybe we could place a wall between otherwise the other team sees what yiu are doing

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
So, basically, it is a 10-20 v. 10-20 battle.

Spawned by admins
You start out without a castle, but a flag.
You then make a castle around the flag.

Players
Then the players attack each other and try to break the flag.

Am I right?

G

grimm reaper

Almost right the blocks for the castle are given by admins one adlin in every tea and for all the rest the playersvmust find suplies one ther one

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Sounds fun, a bit like that football idea someone had a couple of weeks back. Snipero1, I think. We should do more things like this, methinks. Also, any rules in terms of weapons etc.?

G

grimm reaper

Yeah but otherwisevthe other team can see what you are doing and that is not fair

Finbarr

Legend of Altera
Sorry about not replying quickly:(

I am glad you are pretty enthusiastic about my idea. I think the whole thing about the materials being admin spawned is a great one, people cant be expected to to use hard won blocks on structures that wont be around very long:) As far as weapons are concerned I think anything goes. But maybe there should be a limit on how much tnt each team gets ( maybe 10 blocks each team ) that way people arnt explosion happy.

Where each team puts its flag is their decision but no burying it and no walls directly around the flag. The flag has to in a viewable position.

An hour to build a fort is sufficient time I agree with that:D Your fort cant be more than 50 blocks high, and your fort has to be made out of stone blocks. The flag should be maybe 8 by 5. And should be made out of wool so that it can be brightly colored. Each team has to make their own flag.

The idea about putting up a wall between the two opposing teams sounds cool . it might take to much time.
Maybe instead of a wall there could be a hill or rocks between the forts. Like a Halo 4 map called Ragnarok in the map you cant really see your opponents fort due to a huge rock/dirt pile but once you climb over it you can see the enemy fort clearly.

Thanks for posting your ideas:)

If you have any more ideas please post them.

Finbarr

Spark

Broken
I like the idea but what happened to the old arena? Wasnt it /ctf or something and you got taken to the big arena and put on teams. It would be awesome if we got that back!

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
As far as weapons are concerned I think anything goes.
The only downside about this is that players who have highly enchanted diamond weapons and bows will be untouchable to players without weaponry that can compare to that.

If I may make a suggestion, it would be that every player has the same equipment at the beginning, however I do not know how that would work when players die. Overall, though, I support this idea. Sounds fun!