Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

BoraBoraGaming's Application [Approved - Ghost]

BoraBoraGaming

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
BoraBoraGaming
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
North America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when someone knows certain information ooc and tries to use the information in character when they haven't been told in character yet. Powergaming is something where a player doesn't give someone else the chance to react to an action that they're doing.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Tell us about yourself!
I love singing and watching gaming videos on YouTube when I'm not at work. I'm a pretty friendly person and easy to get along with, though I'm quite shy until I get to know people. I'm a big coffee addict and because of this I tend to get hyper off of caffeine sometimes, it just depends on how tired I am. I've been roleplaying for about 6 years now, but I mostly just do roleplaying on tumblr so this is my first time ever roleplaying on minecraft. I'm the youngest out of 3 children and have a pretty big family, some of them I haven't even met. I'm not easily offended and prefer it when people are honest with me if they have any problems so I can refrain from making those same mistakes again. Yes, I'm 21 years old but I still love doing a lot of things that I did when I was a teenager, so basically I'm still a kid at heart.

8. Do you have any examples of your work?
I work in retail with things like clothes, food, furniture, etc. and my schedule is sometimes kind of hectic when it comes to that. Though I often get online when I get home from work and when I'm off.

9. Did anyone refer you?
Nope, I found this on a website and thought it was cool!
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Fira Hereswith

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Her hair is a light brown color and her eyes are blue. She mostly wears long dresses and almost always has a bow in her hair.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
She was abandoned by her own parents, tossed to the side like a useless object and left in a small basket in front of a cottage outside of a small rundown town on a rainy night. She was left alone with no one to care for her or to keep her warm, that is until a tall male figure heard the cries of a baby and discovered Fira. The man was wearing dark clothing that helped him blend into the night and even though he looked like a hateful person, as he took the small baby into his arms, his expression relaxed and he held the poor abandoned child close to his body to help warm her up. He took her back to his small home and decided to raise her, to make sure that she had a good home and warm food to come to everyday. He became Fira's father and kept the secret of how he wasn't really her biological father from her over the years, because he was now her father no matter where she came from. Fira grew up happily after that, helping her father out by doing the chores such as cooking and cleaning at home while he was busy working at the bar he owned in town. She continued helping him over the years though when she turned 17 she thought about what exactly it was that she wanted to do with her life. Of course she didn't have any complaints helping her father however she wanted to use the skills she had learned over the years while cooking for her father to open up her own small restaurant someday. This however would require a lot of money and she knew that so she began working at an inn as their cook, cooking every meal during the day for the guests that stayed there and returning home just in time to prepare supper for her father right before he got home. Fira still doesn't know about being adopted and doesn't know that her birth parents left her the way they did, she believes that her 'father' is her real father and that her 'mother' died from an illness, a story that her 'father' has told her in the past to avoid her finding out the truth.

Last edited:

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Hey there BoraBora! Your application is coming along nicely, and it's just the written test that needs some work. We highly discourage the 'orphan assassin' character tests because we've seen them so often, so I'd encourage you to rewrite your test to show us a character, or even a side to your current character, that hasn't been seen before (Naturally we're not looking for an idea that's never been done before, just one that isn't done often. For instance, we have far more orphan assassin tests than tests of farmers leading the simple life~)

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
I have to say I am very impressed by this turnaround. Most orphan assassins are stuck in their ways, so because of the change I'll overlook that it's not 400 words :p

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.