Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

BonesOfTheEarth's Application [Accepted - Jase]

BonesOfTheEarth

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
BonesOfTheEarth

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
America, CST

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yeah

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the use of out of character knowledge given to your in-game character. Powergaming is either defined as minmaxing, or performing actions that should not be possible for your character.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Hello! I'm Bones, or Fury, or Will. A long-time Roleplayer since sometime in 2011, and an avid player of games such as DND(And a DM). I'm 19 years old, working in film, and just looking to find something to do in my free time. I have three pets, and spend a great deal of my spare time writing a variety of stories; mostly for myself. I intend on becoming an author at some point once I've finished with college and settled into my life.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was definitely not referred by Zoslore

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Lefkos Amethil

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Lefkos stands at 6'2", with silvery-blond hair and light skin. Despite his thin appearance, on close inspection he has a more toned body given his pursuit of a warrior's path. His eyes are a cloudy shade of gray, and hair is on the longer side, often tied back.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
LefkosCerys.pngA commissioned piece of Lefkos(Left), by Spoon. One of several.
1607083115767.pngLefkos Skin, by UnBaed. One of many.

Written Test!
PSA - It merely says to write a story featuring the character, without much in the way of combat and with no use of magic. I've elected to dance on the line with the use of conflict, given the intention is to write a story and to claim that conflict as a concept takes away from that is a blatant falsehood. Read the story and judge, and I am sure you will find I've avoided the cliches you wish to stifle:

It began at noon.

The clashing of wood on wood rung out in the town square, Lefkos and Anoranth going about their usual daily bout. The two children were polar opposites, never agreeing on anything and always finding an excuse to duke it out to determine the winner. Lefkos won some, Anoranth the others. The older kids at first took great enjoyment in watching the two runts go at eachother, but eventually stopped minding as this became a daily routine; They would fight, the Guards - if you could call them that - came by and split them up. Whoever was more scrapped up in that time was the loser and wouldn't have his way. At the very least, they both respected that.

Today was different. They kept fighting and no guards came to stop them. In the blind anger granted to children, they brawled on until they were interrupted by a scream splitting the air some distance off. Lefkos, who had been losing this one, stopped with Anoranth and looked up to see a group of men, properly geared and armored, march into the village. The Guards, as the men of the village without jobs were called, moved to meet them. Discussion happened, and then the armored men left. A week came and went, and the men returned. When they left, the "Guards" left with them.

Two years passed.

This time it was the older kids, just beginning to truly blossom into young men and women, taking on trades and jobs. Lefkos and Anoranth had grown up equally hot headed, polar opposites to each other only in the sense that their similarities drove them apart. Their brawls came fewer and out of sight, and the only time the two came to speak to eachother in a calm manner was after the fact, when they were both bloodied and beaten by the other, too exhausted to keep fighting. It was after one of these fights, that the armor from the geared men years prior became apparent once again in the town.

Rinse and repeat. They left, and a week later returned. They left, and never again were the older kids seen. But they were older now - old enough to listen to the adults, to understand. These were not bandits, not brigands or lawbreakers, but guards drafting soldiers. The small village went looked over often, but not always - and when it wasn't, they were too poor to have the right to complain about how many were taken. Lefkos and Anorath began to fear this fate for themselves, each too proud to admit it to the other.

No more fights happened.

The two were humbled by the disappearance of their fathers, their brothers. Though aggressive as always, they brawled no more as the days turned to years of quiet. The village lacked most of its men, struggling now to survive until Lefkos, Anoranth, and those of their age began to grow old enough to help. But it was a cursed fate of this village, for as they became adults those wrapped in armor once more appeared. They were old enough then to be involved, told they had one week to prepare before they would be expected to join them - "For King and Country," "For Glory!" and all that nonsense.

The two spoke with each other, and decided they would run. And run they did, only to be caught a day later by their peers. From the forest around the village, Anoranth was dragged back - having without thought run from their place of hiding. Self-Sacrifice from him that served to grant Lefkos a moment to run. A moment he took, sprinting through the trees and vanishing from view; a coward who did not aid the man who, since their childhood brawls, had become a friend. Anoranth was drafted, and Lefkos was freed. With shame heavy on his shoulders, he took to a new life elsewhere, content to keep his head low and avoid ever drawing attention to himself.

That is Lefkos. Not a hero, not a villain, not a warrior. A coward.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
This was a pleasure to read :)
Welcome to Hollowworld!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.