Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Barry Greyhair - Explorer, adventurer and high tinkerer extraordinaire

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
If anyone remembers Barryg cultist of the Red. Forget that please ;)

"That crazy wizard did it again! Where did he send me this time?!" - Barry shouting when ariving in Hollow World

This is the story of Barry Greyhair. A strange fellow with a great passion for exploring, adventures and tinkering of ... well... everything! Nothing is safe in his hands and will often blow up after he has used his "driver".

Name: Barry Greyhair
Nickname/Alias: High Tinkerer, Tinkerer, Idiot (that's what people call him when he (again) blows stuff up)
Race: Human
Height: 1.73 m (5'8")
Weight: 85 kg (187 pounds)
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Caucasian
Identifying Marks: No visible marks
Appearance: He's been seen walking around in a red vest, brown pants and has a distinctive diamond monocle in front of his right eye. He often walks around with a stick in his hand calling it his "driver"
Strengths: Is an experienced explorer and has knowledge of different kind of machinery
Weaknesses and fears: He's very skeptical about magic and gods. He let's science rule his world. Is quickly distracted by machinery and scientific dohickys or thingamajigs. Fears the great void as nothing can escape it's clutches!
Religion and cults: None, but wants to join the Alteran Science Society
Profession: None. He does what he wants but you could say he's an engineer/inventor

barryg

Journal entry I
"First entry in this journal. Next time I see that crazy old man, I need to take him out of his misery! But I need to relax right now. Need to find resources to continue my work.

I did met with a few of the locals. Some strange creature named Cubeydoom. I think it has a fetish for all things burning.

Some silent guy, oh sohoory, High King named ikbenlars. King of what? He turned invisible and claims to be immortal. Yeah yeah... Red stone dust through a mipra-filter-diamond-condensator sprayed into my eyes! I know your tricks.

Did got some help from someone from Warstrom. Kitty? Alady? Knight? Ah heck. Names, who cares about names when the world is going to end!"

Journal entry II
"Mages. Those darn mages are everywhere! One thing I do have to give them, they like to store their wisdom for everyone to take. Like this place here. Didn't had to look far for it too. Uthrandir, does have a nice ring to it. Most of these buildings are shut tight. But this library on the other hand isn't.

"Mermaids are human too"
Hey. Those beauties are here too? Need to find one, probably should create a checklist.

I did found something useful. Walking along the beaches I found a diamond lying in the sand! There's a little crack in it. And maybe it's my age, but I could swear it's colored red instead of the normal diamond one. But hey! It's better than the one I had and fell on arriving here. Another plus, my pixalotic-captura is working again. Here is one of me in Uthrandir."

Checklist
  • "Find me some good looking mermaids!"
  • "Find a way back home."
  • "Invent more stuff!"
  • "Find shelter... These nights are getting cold."

barryg

Journal entry III
"It's been a while since I've written something. A lot has happened in the last couple of months. I've taken refuge in a grand Fortress called Karuk-Thol. It was an abandoned dwarven city that we retook with the help of the dwarven king Lars."

"My job in the fortress is creating and repairing the dwarven mechanics. The first project I took on was a big one too. Fixing the grand gate of the fortress. After many weeks of tinkering I've fixed it and even improve it with some surprises!"

Journal entry IV
Blood and redstone covers the pages...

"I feel sick. The redstone in these mountains have gotten into my lungs. Normally I have no problems with redstone, but it looks like the stuff in these mountains contains more than just redstone..."

Journal entry V
"I'm getting crazy or someone is toying with me! I woke up this night from a horrible nightmare. In this nightmare flames we're surrounding me and it felt like hell was going right through my head. After I woke up I found a weird sign with some strange writing on it. 'Rutilus Barba'? What is that?!"

Journal entry VI
"The demon I've seen when first arriving in this land is also a resident of Karuk-Thol! I've also set up a laboratory and my first experiment went well. I've used lava from the volcano and the energies of the demon to get raw data from the elements. I just have to figure out what it all means!"

"My second experiment is nearing completion. But to get the machine working I need 404 diamonds and a flock of sheep. Something about meh-mory. I should ask these dwarves to dig them up for me!"

barryg

Whoohooo! My first (unofficial, click the like link grmbl!) like on my rp page!!! :D

LuxAeturna

I think I might like it here
Your backstory reminds me of the guy from the Disney version of "Around the world in 40 days"