Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Annual Tournament of Eberland [May 12+13]

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Upon this day, the 11th of Truebitth 2261, the Herzog of Eberland, Berndt Eberhall hereby annouces the Tournament of First Harvest to be held at the capital of Die Eberbau. The tournament shall be held over two days and include the opportunity to prove one's self in both the mounted lance and the melee. The tournament is to be held on the fifth and the sixth of Sporebloom. The Herzog hereby invites all of the realm to come and attend, and celebrate together the first harvest of the year.
May each of you walk with the great Sun.

His Grace, the Duke of Eberland
Berndt Eberhall I

{DATE}
May 12th to 13th

{TIME}
First Day Start time - 5:00 EST (Friday)
Second Day Start Time - 3 EST (Saturday)
{LOCATION}
Die Eberbau within the Duchy of Eberland.

{CLASSIFIATON}
Moderate

{OOC RULES}
Please note it is a moderate event, meaning that acts of violence outside of the event are not permitted without permission of both parties, but please note that the nature of the joust and the melee make the setting of those events automanically considered violent, so in other words, please don't come and join the joust or melee and then wave the consent card around, by joining you automantically consent.

{PATENTS OF NOBLITY}
Local law in Eberland prevents anyone from entering the joust without a document stating that the jouster is indeed a noble, or the jouster must present a document signed by a recognized member of noblity in Gottland that states said man or women is permitted to enter the joust baring the colours or banner of the previously mentioned Lord. Such document must be presented to either Duc Maceo de Courtnay or Herzog Berndt Eberhall before entered into the joust. Howerver, this rule does not apply to the Melee tournament, as all is welcome to enter the melee.

OOC:
Basically, what this does is prevent people that are unprepared from entering the joust without arms or armour, but it also makes the experience more realistic. What you need to do if you wish to enter the joust without a noble title is approach someone ICly and ask for a sponsership to enter the tournament. Said person must then present myself or BoredBrit with a forum PM in the form of a RP letter to confirm such. Doing so will promote RP before the tournament and prevent last minute entries, if possible, you have 3 weeks to figure this out, enjoy the RP!

{FORM TO ENTER}

Mounted Joust:
IGN:
Character Name:
Titles:
Liege Lord/House Jousting on Behalf of:
Patent of Noblity?:

Melee:
IGN:
Character Name:
Titles:

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

{ DAY 1 - MAY 12th }
Start Time - TBD
Within the sqaure of Die Eberbau a grand feast will be held and the Tapping of the Kegs will commence, the eve will go into the dawn with ales and foods open for all to enjoy, and celebrate the first harvest. This is a public event and all interested in watching the joust and the melee are welcome to come and enjoy the bread and salt often by Herzog Eberhall and Duc de Courtnay. The first day of event has no end time and will go for however long as the attendants wish to stay, folk music of both Eberland and de Courtnay will play all night and dance will commence until the morning.

{ DAY 2 - MAY 13TH }
Start Time - TBD
The second day of the festival will commence at midday, and will start with the Mounted Joust until a victor is won, Afterwards, the Melee will commence and end once there is no one left in the ring. After both events are finished the guests are invited to come into the Keep of Die Eberbau for one last fest, where the Herzog Eberhall will address the guests and name the victor of the Joust and grant him his gift, the same will follow for the Melee, which be handled by the Duc Maceo de Courtnay. The prizes for the Joust will be a golden statue of a lancer, and the prize for the melee will be a painted steel shield, each will also be granted the title of "Champion of the Mounted Joust" and "Champion of the Melee" for them to wear proudly until the next tournament.

{ THE MOUNTED JOUST RULES }
The mounted joust is made up of a three point score system, the two riders will tilt until the score is reached. Points are awarded based on whether or not a strike was successful and the result of such;

No Point is awarded if the lances tie or strike each other. (Rolls within 1-3 of each other)

One Point is Awarded for each broken lance (Rolls between 3-9 difference of each other)

Two Points are awarded if a lance strike dehorses the other rider. (Rolls 10 Points higher)

However, the sport of Jousting is a sport of nobility and order, and therefore includes other laws and rules that govern the sport. Each rider is required to present a coat of arms, whether it be his own or his Liege Lord's, such must be represented by banner or shield at the event. Each rider is required to have plate armour protection from the pelvis upwards as a basic requirement for entering, this includes the following; Helmet, Curiass, Pauldron, Shield or Reberace. Elbowguard, Vambrace, and Gaunlet. Purposefully striking the horse of the other rider is considered highly dishonourable and will be met with severe punishment for the rider. Each rider must also use only blunted lances, the use of clay ornaments on the lance is permitted. Aiming for the helm of the other rider, will some consider it to be dishonourable is not against the rules, but is simply considered a foolish move to make. It is notable that the Eberlands, entering the Mounted Joust also requires each rider to present proof of nobility in the form of either a letter or edict from a lord referred as a patent of nobility or the aforementioned Lord’s approval at the day of tournament.

Regarding the Rank System-
To Answer a bit of possible confusion, the top three have (+1) on them for a reason, those in the top three jousters in the next tournamants held in any of the settlements in Kaltstaat recieve a +1 to their d20 rolls for each tilt, to try and show a bit of realism when it comes to the skill of the jousters.

Quick Example of a Jousting Round-
Tilt 1:
Each Rider will make a emote detailing their charge, and both will roll;
Knight 1 rolls 3 out of 20
Knight 2 Rolls 10 of 20

The Tilt goes to Knight 2, and he is awarded one point.

Tilt 2:
Knight 1 rolls 20 out of 20.
Knight 2 rolls 5 out of 20

Knight 1 has dehorsed Knight 2, and therefore takes the tilt and is awarded 2 points, making the current score 2-1 in favour of Knight 1.

Tilt 3:
Knight 1 Rolls 13 out of 20
Knight 2 Rolls 17 out of 20

Knight 2 has won the tilt and made it a tied round, the score now being 2-2.

Tilt 4:
Knight 1 Rolls 17 out of 20
Knight 2 Rolls 10 out of 20.

Knight 1 wins the tilt and the round.

Regarding Injury and Chance of Death-
Before deciding whether or not your character should attend a Joust please consider the possiblity of your character's harm, and at your own choice, even possible death. Jousting is a dangerous sport and the chance of being harmed is high. Do remember its the not the same as simply falling off a horse or being poked with a stick, there is a lot of force involved in the sport. So please kept such in mind, we want to keep as much realism as possible when we hold these events and don't want the event to be slowed down with OOC issue.

{ THE MELEE RULES }
The Melee will be held in the style of a battle royale until one warrior is the last standing. The fight will be until yield or until the fighter can no longer stand or hold his weapon, killing during this event is still a crime and will be punished as such, if a fighter clearly cannot continue but tries to anyway, it will be the choice of the judge to decide whether or not he can stay within the battle. Another way to be removed from the Melee is to be pushed off the side of the arena and down the hill, once the fighter is out of the zone (Marked by GRAY clay) he is out of the match.

{ CURRENT JOUST RANKINGS IN KALTSTAAT }

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

{ MOUNTED JOUST }
1) Kapitan Ronn Holztorc (SirLuamTehDoge ) Lord Kapitan of Eberland.
2) King Cymic Seymour (Cymic_ ) Konungur of Sangria, Champion of Kalstaat, Lord of Halbed
3) Squire Otto MacRammbar (Tomato150 ) Squire to the Herzog of Eberland.
4) Prince Ventare Seymour (Cymic_ ) Prince of Sangria.
5) Sir Peter Longtree (Sir_Arc
)
7) Azrai (BrianAT16 )
{MELEE}
1) Cymic Seymour
2) Ruckus
3) Joseph Van Aken Valen
4) Ronn Holztorc
5) Warren
6) Jaromir Rolnik
7) Azgir
8) Ventare Seymour

{INVITES}
House Eberhall:
Violet of Eberhall
Mikojal Eberhall
Hanns Eberhall
Ashes of Angelo Eberhall

House de Courtnay:
Maceo de Courtnay (BoredBrit )
Serafina de Courtnay (Lirakitty )
Carlos de Courtnay (MrMine )
Sebby de Courtnay (BrianAT16 ) + Fam I can't keep track of.

House Kane:
Her Majesty Queen Alison I (Elz )
His Majesty King Brennard I (Mitch )
Prince Aleksander I

House Holztorc:
Kapitan Ronn Holztorc (SirLuamTehDoge )

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
In case I manage this time for a change - Is an Archduke of Hierax enough for you or do I need Axex to sign it :p - moreover can Axex even sign it to begin with :p?

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
In case I manage this time for a change - Is an Archduke of Hierax enough for you or do I need Axex to sign it :p - moreover can Axex even sign it to begin with :p?
Sorry for the wait, I don't like replying on mobile.

I'm going to answer the question in two parts here;
1) Archduke of Hierax is a pretty high noble title and I don't think you would need to present it unless you wanted the added RP, I find writting the patents rather enjoyable. However, given that this has been a title your character has held for awhile I won't force you to present a patent, its mostly meant for minor lords and knights, or as a sponsership from non-nobles to enter the joust.
2) Axex would count as a party that is allowed to sign Patents.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Slight bump because all the infomation is done now, enjoy.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I would sign up, but my brother's college graduation is the sixth.

Also, that whole political malaise situation in Anhald...

Yeah.......

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Dates had to be changed because Brit and I suck at planning.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Mounted Joust:
IGN: SirLiam1124
Character Name: Ronn Holztorc
Titles: Knight of House Eberhall
Liege Lord/House Jousting on Behave of: Duke Berndt Eberhall
Patent of Noblity?: Liege Lord is hosting the Joust.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Mounted Joust:
IGN: Cymic_
Character Name: Cymic Seymour
Titles: King/(Konungur) of Sangria, Champion of Kalstaat, Lord of Halbed
Liege Lord/House Jousting on Behave of: Sangria
Patent of Noblity?: Himself

Melee:
Character Name: Cymcola Seymouro
Titles: grape kang, chump onion of cragglestack, lord of halberd

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Mounted Joust:
Character Name: Cymic Seymour
Titles: King/(Konungur) of Sangria, Champion of Kalstaat, Lord of Halbed
Liege Lord/House Jousting on Behave of: Sangria
Patent of Noblity?: Himself

Melee:
Character Name: Cymcola Seymouro
Titles: grape kang, chump onion of cragglestack, lord of halberd
Mounted Joust:
IGN: SirLiam1124
Character Name: Ronn Holztorc
Titles: Knight of House Eberhall
Liege Lord/House Jousting on Behave of: Duke Berndt Eberhall
Patent of Noblity?: Liege Lord is hosting the Joust.
Both added with titles to the joust.

Cymic added to the Melee.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Mounted Joust:
IGN: JCST_Cap
Character Name: Florian von Piers
Titles: Just a knight
Liege Lord/House Jousting on Behalf of: von Piers
Patent of Nobility: He's got whatever a knight has
Melee: