Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Accepted - AbsentUser] CaffienatedCrow's Whitelist Application

CaffeinatedCrow

Villager
Pronouns
She/Her
{Introduction Section}

Minecraft Username:
- CaffeinatedCrow

Country & Timezone:
- America/PST

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?:
- Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?:
- Metagaming is where someone takes out of character knowledge(oocly) and uses it in a role-play setting(irply). Take for example, Person A tells Person B there's a secret society oocly, and then Person B starts spewing such information irply. They are using information they learned oocly, yet something that their character wouldn't know irply.

- Powergaming is when a person is constantly on the 'winning' streak. They're unflawed, unmatched, and don't give others a chance to make their own response to an action. For example, Person A does a shoulder charge towards Person B, yet Person A leaves no room for Person B to retort or retaliate to the action. They instead insist that it hits; 'Person A charges at Person B, sending them flying back by the force.'

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?:
No

Tell us about yourself!:
- Hi! My name is Crow and I’m a self taught artist and roleplayer. I work in both digital media and traditional media, albeit digital is my go to when it comes to art. I have a cat named Booger who I love to death, but she’s going to give me early gray hairs from stress. My music tastes vary quite a lot, but I do like pop music, metal, and even alternative, so any suggestions are welcome anytime! I also love to sleep, but also crave tea and energy drinks- my sleep schedule varies so much it’s insane how I function.

Referral:
- Just found this place on planet minecraft and thought to give it a try!

{Character Section}

Character Name:

Avice Marie Cromer

Race:
Human

Appearance:
A 5’4” feet tall woman with pale skin that is completely covered in freckles- so much so that the freckles nearly cover her base skin tone entirely. Her hair is long, reaching down to her ankles in a dark shade of reddish-brown. Her eyes are that of a green hue with subtle signs of blue around the pupil. Avice also has a snaggletooth smile, her canines protrude from her lips, making them seem like little fangs, this causes a subtle lisp to her words, most predominantly words with S’ (as a whistle will sound when she does so).

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: (Soon)

Written Test (Min: 400 words):

Born in the Era of Rebellion, Avice was born in 2312, a time where magic fluctuated through the air. Merely a babe during this time, a surprise pregnancy, Avice’s family- consisting of her mother (Bárbara Sridevi, 35), father (Aðalsteinn Oliver Cromer, 38), and older brother (Curtis Cromer, 15)- lived together in a cabin of sorts, hidden away from the world by Aðalsteinn to protect his family while the world around them changed and grew just a little more dangerous. Avice grew to listen to many stories her father and mother would tell, whether of the Fauna of the world- from the Tortora, Skieels, Maulerkin, and even Krowlers- or the Flora, such as the Carnivorous Gulper Weed, or the Ashen Bloom.

While Curtis was never one for the critters and the flora, wanting a life of glory and knightship, Avice became more curious about the creatures and plants. Sometimes her mother would find her playing in the dirt, grasping at any tiny bugs and worms she could find and bringing them back to show them to her parents, or running around outside and imagining herself seeing Skieels in the shapes of clouds. The bug kinship was unfortunate for her brother, who was fearful of the creepier of crawlers that Avice would hold. When Avice was six, she had brought a spider she had found and wanted to show it to her brother. One can imagine his surprise when he was face to face with an eight-eyed furry-legged crawler. Avice was given a stern talking to from her mother for bringing the arachnid inside, whilst her father actually indulged the young Avice with a smile to his face.

Avice and Curtis were both home schooled, learning what their mother and father could teach them. Whether it was cooking and harvesting from their father, sewing and butchering from their mother, or a mix of weaving and fighting from them both; both children learned how to take care of themselves should a time call for it. It was a sheltered life-style for them both, but they weren’t completely left in the dark of the world around them. Especially when Avice was eight years old, and they had heard stories from local folk that their parent’s traded with, that men of metal had landed from the seas. Curtis became more invested with the thought of constructs from that point on, and being twenty-eight at the time, had decided to venture out and make his own studies. This left Avice alone with her parents, who assured her that Curtis would come home one day and tell her all the stories she wanted to hear. He never did return home, and Avice hadn’t heard from him since.

Continuing to grow up, Avice still didn’t lose her love of insects, bugs, and other crawlers that she could find- turning pages from notebooks meant for studies of lessons, to works of art with scribbles and notes of different creatures. She would spend days outside looking for any fauna she could see, coming back home with twigs and leaves in her hair and scrapes on her arms and legs; but always a crooked and sweet smile to her face. Though, in the late hours of the night, under candle-light, Avice would find time to write letters that were never to be sent. Letters to her brother she had hoped to see again, even if as more years would pass and she would lose that hope little by little. The young lass never stopped, and those written paragraphs grew from simple minded phrases to words of anger and sadness. She questioned why he never came home, questioned why he ever left, yet always missed him in the last few sentences before she signed it, and set it aside.

Avice would see and hear how the world changed as she aged, from seeing purple lightning strikes, hearing about flying contraptions, and learning of the rise of something called a greyling when she was twelve. The young lass would hear just a year later of a holy war that waged whilst she and her family remained hidden away, the world growing so much more chaotic yet- all the more curious for the slowly coming of age woman. Eventually, she had turned eighteen. With her parents in their ripe age of their 50s, Avice had grown to be a woman. A woman with a heart filled with wonder, curiosity, and anxiety and fear; she was given every means to look out for herself. She just didn’t expect it to be so soon in her own eyes. Carrying nothing but a satchel to her name, and the clothes on her back, she bid her family goodbye. The letters left behind and her feet guiding her forward as the young Avice Marie Cromer was finally able to set out- and see the world for herself.

AbsentUser

Legend of Altera
Hero
Retired Staff
AbsentUser
AbsentUser
Hero
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.