Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Wandering Haggard Soul [Deceased]

Gaby

Lord of Altera
The Mask is removed.

Name: Loutra Riviere
True Name: Salheira Rain-River (x)

flourish-31609_1280.png

KEY INFORMATION:
Race: caparii, though such a fact was kept hidden by her rags
Social Status: A foolish alias
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 175 lbs
Date of Birth: the 1st of Floodlock

flourish-31609_1280.png

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: short
Hair: a deep brown, visible as it peeks out through her hood and mask
Skin: from the bit that can be seen, likely dark.
Identifying Marks:
Appearance: she appears like a ragged and hooded bundle of robes and fabric
Clothing: a long, flowing, hooded robe, made of many different fabrics thrown together in an eclectic, ragged mess of green and brown. also wears a pair of long brown gloves, and a wooden mask bearing the face of a fearsome demon:

Weaponry: carries no weapon
Prized Possessions: the cloak granted her by Vermella, which she carries under her rags
Hygiene: she rarely has time to wash her clothes, something that bothers her immensely
Voice: possesses an incredibly thick accent, and speaks in a songlike, lilting voice.

flourish-31609_1280.png

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Fears: betrayal, loss, fire, being stabbed in the heart
Intelligence: seems to hold bitter wisdom, and thinks herself a sage
Profession: Housekeeper of Vermella

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Religion or Cults: she worships Vermella
Alignment: LG
Short Term Goals: [--]
Long Term Goals: [--]

flourish-31609_1280.png
STORY:
Salheira sought respect for herself, bearing clothes that concealed all her form, and the mask of a beast so fantastic, all who stared at it would be forced to perceive her by her words, rather than her appearance. Choosing a name that reflected her own ("otter river"), and implied a lavoyarde heritage, she became Loutra Riviere, a wandering and haggard soul who sought wisdom, as wisdom is a greater power than strength.
She sought to display her wit in a contest, through being the ultimate champion of the Tactician's Game. However, she had never played a single match of the Tactician's Game in her life. she was defeated by the squire, Benjamin d'Gemeaux, and in quiet rage at her failure, stormed out.
she wandered until she lost her way entirely. she realized she was lonely, that the world had turned on while she was huddled in Falandraal, that her loved ones had left her, and she grew uneasy at the danger that loomed over the horizon.
She faced a crisis of identity. though she revealed her true face to trusted friends such as Tybalt, and to once-enemies such as Vlad, she soon found herself preferring this mask to her true face. For Salheira Rain-River was a lonesome failure, and Loutra Riviere was an enigma, and carried with her the air of a phantom. As Loutra, she was ignored, she had no duty, and no mockery. the mask brought the power of anonymity, and she had gotten drunk on it. yet, she had no goal to fulfill. she searched her heart...

Tzemik Kevasn. the debt. As Salheira, she had no hopes of even speaking to the magus, let alone repaying her debt. Loutra, however... Loutra was a nobody. As Loutra, she could become successful at the task that she failed before, she could venture to Vigil's Rest with the fruit of her labor, and repay the debt at long last. thus, her heart was set. she would, as a stranger, mend her own life.
she thus set out to learn the art of pottery. her search was largely fruitless, until she asked the elf Daeron. being an acquaintance of Tzemik, he knew precisely why she wanted to make a pot. thus he told her, the true reason behind Tzemik's task: as payment for being revived, Tzemik intended to bring Salheira through multiple trials, eventually teaching her the art of mysticism.
Loutra did not want magic. she wanted a debt repaid. if learning mysticism was the debt repaid... so be it. she would learn the dangerous art, and never use it again. Daeron sees Loutra's derermination, and tells her he has a book. if Loutra comes to his mansion, he will give it to her, and she can begin her quest.
at his mansion, Loutra was welcomed, and as they were alone, she removed her mask. He asked her why she should hide such beauty. she said it was for respect.
"respect is a false thing, a shadow you cast for pride's sake."
and this stopped her. she argued her reasons, her reasons to wear the mask, but all fell apart. she did not need a mask to attain her goals. she had failed before, and humiliated herself, but so had Daeron, and all these were passing embarrassments. how should the nobles listen to her, when she looks the way she does? learn to be more eloquent in common. present herself with dignity. do not bother debating with kings when your her people are divided. lead the caparii first. she received her book, and with a cursory glance, learned her glaring mistakes, from the first time she attempted a pot. Loutra realized now the folly of her task, the folly of her pride. she followed Daeron, to the Harvest Festival of Thiil.

She met the caparii, Mira Snowhorn. Mira asked the masked woman, "what is your name?"
and she replied,

"My name is Salheira Rain-River, and I am the Housekeeper of Vermella."

My in-game name is: gabythedinogirl/ybagthedragonlad

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Relations (trying a new system. three-word relations):

Vlad Wallins: Clandestine, Shame, Wary
Melosa Crow: Loyalty, Pride, Love
Calcifer Crow: Satisfaction, Humor, Amnesty
Benjamin D'Gemeaux: Frustration, Brief, Champion
Shirley: Acquaintance, Impression, Respect
Tzemik Kevasn: Regret, Debt, Fear
Tybalt Rhett: Frustration, Trust, Respect
Daeron: Gratitude, Respect, Deference

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I bet it's a Caparrii raised by earthspawns.
Cuz, she speaks Fae. Ain't nobody but Caparii speak Fae when they're new characters. ;]
what XD you guys are crazy. she's human I swear.

also, as this is a new character that I haven't actually roleplayed with yet, and because I want there to be a great deal of MYSTERY, I made that second language blank now. does she speak fae? or does she speak another language? it is a mystery. the world may never know. ufufufu.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Forgot to update this!

Im finally getting onto relations now! Someone tell me if they interacted with Loutra

@Moochick who was tht girl at competition

Gaby

Lord of Altera
added Daeron to relations @Jstar

also, paraphrased a quote between Daeron and Loutra. I might've gotten it wrong. oop.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Salheira Rainriver sees no purpose in lying. she wasn't even sure what she was thinking in the first place.
she removes her mask.

the mask is off.png

the name of Loutra Riviere is dead.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I was about to be, "Oh no- Guuuurl don't tell me someone went and did some violence in Thiil."

Phew- I was worried.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I was about to be, "Oh no- Guuuurl don't tell me someone went and did some violence in Thiil."

Phew- I was worried.
wha.
this, because I wrote "deceased"

........... oh my god, you actually noticed her! XD

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
wha.
this, because I wrote "deceased"

........... oh my god, you actually noticed her! XD
I saw her on the map, yeah. :p Was there for her RP entrance and stuffs. And yes- I saw the deceased and got worried.