Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished A Gallian Ball

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
62a4fd31f297a3c0c89d009303bb5f1c.jpg

Come to Gallia and enjoy a fun filled evening of dance and food!
The Gallian court and temple wishes to honor the Grey Lady angel Winter with a feast and dance.
Come join us as we remember the dead and spend time together as a community.
clipart.png
This will be a masquerade with color themes being Purple and Black.
A best dressed prize of 5,000R will be awarded
Food and drink for all will be provided
An area for tribute to those the realm has loss will be set up. It is encouraged for mourners to write notes to their loved ones, draw pictures or give an item of sacrifice.
This event is to be held in the Gallian Palace Ball/event Room

clipart.png

When: Saturday February 10th, 2024
Time: 3 PM EST - 2 PM CST -1 PM MST - 12 PM PST
Where: Gallian Palace
Dress code: Masquerade with Purple and Black Theme

Last edited:

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
Purpose: The purpose of this event is to honor the Grey Lady's Winter. People attending should come with the mindset of giving tribute or respect for winter for those we have lost in the past.

Below are some OOC / Immersion Guidelines for next week. You MAY request a TPA, in which case youll be sent to the ball room. Even if TPA it is assumed you went through the guard gate.

Gallia has many guards, NPCs. And while the NPCs cannot fight or really do much due to rules its given the illusion Lerina is paranoid about her safety. If you decide to not TPA, to get to Gallia go to: Spawn. Boat to Linistel, by taking the boat on the far right of the docks. Then boat to Gallia. Walk right, then walk to the back until you see the palace.

As you enter you are asked to give up your weapons. This is an emote only, do not give up any actual items.

2024-01-21_13.19.58_50.jpg
2024-01-21_13.20.03_50.jpg

Once you enter, palace staff kindly greet you with a bow. You are then taken through the throne room up to the ball room. Please follow the signs as you are allowed to take from those chests and keep the item.

2024-01-21_13.20.28_50.jpg
2024-01-21_13.20.47_50.jpg
2024-01-21_13.20.52_50.jpg

To right of the Ball Room is a shrine area for people to give tribute to the Grey Lady / Winter. Simply toss your items into the hopper. You will NOT get these items back

2024-01-21_13.27.35_50.jpg

The event is largely hands off. It is a masquerade in honor of the Grey Ladys - Winter - Food and Drinks are plenty. You can imagine palace servants and staff, finely dressed in Purple and Black to walk around serving drinks and food. Their mannerisms are of noble caliber in their choices of words, actions and etiquette.

You are free to walk around the palace. You can emote actions, words and rp as normal. I am fine with you role playing a servant giving you a drink or food. Just have fun.
DM actions/emotes will be done in yell by the nickname DM.
Lerina may give a speech to kick off the event but other than that, this is an event where you are free to do as you wish.

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
To the right of the stair case is a smoking room. Gallian tradition is to sit on the floor with your back against pillows (the wool). Gallians smoke a blend of ashen-bloom mixed with opium. Regular tobacco / hookah is also provided as well as old fashion "green" (hemp)

ezgif-2-66939cbb15.jpg
2024-01-21_14.02.02_50.jpg

While in this room, a band would softly play this:
Smoking Playlist

While the rest of the rooms in the ball room would hear the following live music to dance to:
Music for the Dance

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
Pushing this to Saturday Feb 3rd, due to health reasons.

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
A sermon is held in the great temple, before the ball

*Lerina approaches the Alter in the great temple - many citizens in attendance*

She begins with the opening prayer for Gallia.

"Eternal Gods, open up my lips so my mouth may declare your glory!

We stand here today before you, in your honor, with your love, and in your guidance.
May the divine watch over all here, and may you grant us the salvation we seek."

A clergy member then recites the Royal prayer as Lerina listens

"Divine, with all our honor, love, courage and compassion
We ask you to shine upon our mortal leaders
Grant them the strength to lead us and the power and glory to spread thy words."

Lerina begins the sermon

"Gallians and guests, welcome to tonights mass. Tonight, we will focus on a divine that we hardly speak of, as I am of some indifference to her tenets. We speak of Sallana. Why, of all nights, the same night we prepare to honor Winter do we speak of Sallana? Because as the cold months slowly end, a new dawn will rise. And with the new dawn, will come a marriage. Friends, your Sultana is proud to announce her engagement to your Vizier, Marley Green. While no official plans have been made you are the first public to hear this announcement.

Tonight we focus on her Tenet "Take no shame in whom or what you love if no harm becomes of it, welcome it.". This, this hits personally and for the Elven among us you might be familure with this issue. Myself, an Elf, engaged to a human. While yes, it is a curse in that I will eventually be a widow due to the lifeline, and my heir will not be of pure blood, the Goddess of love, tells us to look past this. If no harm becomes of it.

You can argue the harm is leaving a future child to be raised only by her mother if human is to perish. You can argue, depriving Altera of pure elven blood. But in the focus of it, we are appeasing most other gods tenets by reproducing. We are bringing life into this world, a gift of the Mother.

I have had ambitions to make Gallia a home of the elven, and as we do welcome all here , that goal can still be made by allowing others to live here, to be our brothers and sisters. Tonight, we we celebrate Winter we do so not only as elven blood, but as the blood of Altera. May Winter hear us all. May the ladys angels guide us through our mourning. May our suffering, be eased. We have lost, a lot. Many of us have lost our families, friends, loved ones. While some came back, some never will. I cannot erase the pain you all feel. But as your leader, I am here to ease your suffering as much as I can.

May all of us now head to the palace, where we will have a dance in honor of winter."