Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tristitiae - Character Profile

Tristitiae

I think I might like it here
Name: Unknown

Nickname/Alias: Tristitiae

Race: Unknown

Height: 5' 6"

Weight: ~110 lbs.

Hair: Crystalline-white with crimson streaks

Eyes: Unknown

Skin: Unknown

Identifying Marks: None

Appearance: She always wears a beige/grey loose leather-armored top, with leather plated greaves and bracers. Tristitiae hides her face within the shadows of her hood, but her stunning white and crimson hair flows out. Her gait is oddly calm at all times.

Strengths: Her power feeds off of sorrow, pain, and misery. The more someone depresses, the stronger she becomes against him/her.

Weaknesses and fears: No known fears, but the more courage and happiness there is against her, the weaker she becomes.

Religion and cults: No known religious beliefs or links to cults.

Profession: Dark warrior/Assassin

Quote: "Rivers of tears flow through my veins. The cries of pain and sadness, I feast upon; sustains me. I am the sorrow; I am Tristitiae." She says this every time just before she kills another being, without fail.

-Journals will be made at a later date (TBA)-
-Also, a copy of her journals will be made in-game (if my app is accepted)-

Tristitiae

(Just to let everyone know, the "dark magic" mentioned in these chapters does not refer to things like xray and such. It simply means exactly what it implies: regular, run-of-the-mill, evil magic.)

Chapter I: The Verses of Misery

There was once an ancient being, a creature of sorrow, who carved out of a cliff-face a great city, and named it Tevelinca (Teh-vel-in-ka). However, "great" isn't the correct term to describe the practices of the citizens. Cursed rituals and dark magic thickened the air with a dense scent of evil. These rituals allowed the people of the city to sustain a long life; almost immortality. But little did they know, these evil arts were a double edged knife. While they did become almost immortal, they were forced to feed off of sadness, pain, and misery in order to keep their state. On top of that, the further they dabbled, the worse they became... After they had gone so deep in evil, the sorrow they had reaped in order to live became too much for them. In the end, it destroyed them; tearing their souls from the inside-out. Within days, a once powerful and feared civilization fell to nothing. Very few, rumored to be numbered in tens (according to ancient archives found in other ruins), survived the devastation. This, however, was several millennia ago, long before the Great War. All that's left of that city is ruins... and the supposed Verses of Misery.

The Verses contained ancient and unholy texts written by the dark mages of Tevelinca. These casters used magic to reap sadness and misery on the land, materialized the emotion into a liquid by way of evil magics, and then would drink said liquid, in order to sustain almost everlasting life. Of course, this tonic became available to all the people of the city, rapidly. However, in order to gain the sorrow and misery, they had to create it amongst people... Thus, they expanded and created it within the people they conquered. Written in the Verses of Misery are the ancient proverbs of Tevelinca. These proverbs have not only the 'wisdom' of the cult that the citizens followed, but also subliminal messages about how the ritual is performed.

As stated earlier in this documentary, there were only tens of survivors... some old records list it at fifteen, others at an estimated twenty.... either way, the scant refugees discarded the old ways, and scattered over the new world of Altera. However, the legend still lived on...

A certain mysterious woman. She goes by the name of Tristitiae, which means "Sorrowful Solace" in the language of Tevelinca. She is known in Heaven's Reach and some of the surrounding towns as a shadow assassin; a killer and mercenary. Everyone who has encountered this shadowed woman feels an icy aura of sadness around her. Even those who haven't seen her, heard stories about her...

Tristitiae

-The Verses of Misery-

Tristitiae. A name and woman surrounded by mystery and rumors. They say the air grows thick with despair at the mere mention of her. Of course, such tales are not true, but many fools would believe such things. In fact, it has recently become known that Tristitiae is preparing for a venture out into the land, over near Darkwood. She also makes frequent expeditions in the Sorrowlands, in search of ancient texts. Whispers here and there tell she's attempting to uncover the secrets of Tevelinca. No one truly knows whether that's true or not; mostly because they don't wish to speak with such a dark, cold, and despondent person.

However... What she seeks is not merely ancient texts from the old Tevelinca Empire, but the Verses of Misery and the Books of Luctus. The scriptures at the very heart of the evil Tenebrae Cult; the cult that first established the city of Tevelinca. These books may, or may not, exist, though she shall continue to search until they are found, or she finds what happened to them. Tristitiae will stop at nothing to recover those books and anyone who attempts to stop her shall meet an agonizing, tormenting end at the blade of her scythe.

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
She is weak around happy people?
Ohh.. guess she and Alaila can't be BFFs.. :p
Good job with your character profile. :)

Tristitiae

well, it's not like she's completely helpless and can't even move a muscle around happiness. Her strength just begins to wane to that of an average human girl.

EDIT: This also includes her Aura and spells. At its worst, her aura is reduced to little more than her skin feeling as if she's been wearing a bikini out in 10 degrees weather for 2 hours, and her magic is next to useless.

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
*jumps smiling and humming around* helloo =) *looks at Tristitiae* bye <.<
stay away from my mind els you wouldnt regreat it <.<